ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,794

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1261 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:The crunch reports around Cyberpunk 2077 are unfortunate. Really don’t like seeing that culture continue, hopefully it can be de-normalized in the next several years. Wonder if it’ll lead to another delay or not, thought about putting in a pre-order soon on Steam.

For sure. Honestly, hope they backtrack and delay.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,963

Post#1262 » by tydett » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:29 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
tydett wrote:been suckered by friend into playing genshin impact, weeb gacha ****. it's actually a really decent improvement on the breath of the wild formula, without being too much p2w at this point. plus free.99 to start with, for any interested.

I have no idea what this is or what you're talking about. But this is hilarious/intriguing. Say more.

okay, so imagine a breath of the wild-type exploration game. you can use wind to fly with a glider that you have or to spread fires that you can start, you climb/swim with stamina like in breath of the wild, there are quests that are open-worldy. it's an rpg so you level up characters and weapons (yay no durability). except the way that you get these characters is through gacha-pull mechanics. you get some characters progressing through the story, but "the best" ones are in the pulls (which obviously you can get by paying money for, although you get some for free). each character has an element and you have a party of up to 4 that you are playing all at once, that you can switch between using a button - so the idea is you use one character's special and then another's to inflict a specific type of damage - like, you might use a water attack on an enemy to get them wet, then use an ice attack to freeze them dealing freeze damage, then you might use a fire attack to deal melt damage, rinse and repeat. oh, and all the characters are anime "cutesy". like i said, it's free so i thought I'd try it, and it improves on some of my gripes with BotW, but it feels more RPG and less BotW action-y with some different systems.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,127

Post#1263 » by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:35 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:The crunch reports around Cyberpunk 2077 are unfortunate. Really don’t like seeing that culture continue, hopefully it can be de-normalized in the next several years. Wonder if it’ll lead to another delay or not, thought about putting in a pre-order soon on Steam.

I hope for this as well. I'm okay with another delay if it allows their workers to have some semblance of a life. Crunches in the gaming industry are so unhealthy.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#1264 » by Nightfall » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:23 pm

If you haven't heard already, on November the 10th, EA Play comes into Game Pass Ultimate at no extra cost to the subscription.
So G.P. Ultimate will include Console, PC, xCloud, Gold and EA Play
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1265 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I hope for this as well. I'm okay with another delay if it allows their workers to have some semblance of a life. Crunches in the gaming industry are so unhealthy.

I’m fine getting it in the March release window if it means they get to spend time with their family. Maybe with Covid they’re mostly remote and it’s not as big of a deal, but that’s no consolation prize.

I think they just feel pressured to get it out this holiday, because there’s money to be made with so many people staying at home. I sure as hell know if it comes out for winter I’ll buy it and play the hell out of it because what else is there to do?
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1266 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:39 pm

tydett wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
tydett wrote:been suckered by friend into playing genshin impact, weeb gacha ****. it's actually a really decent improvement on the breath of the wild formula, without being too much p2w at this point. plus free.99 to start with, for any interested.

I have no idea what this is or what you're talking about. But this is hilarious/intriguing. Say more.

okay, so imagine a breath of the wild-type exploration game. you can use wind to fly with a glider that you have or to spread fires that you can start, you climb/swim with stamina like in breath of the wild, there are quests that are open-worldy. it's an rpg so you level up characters and weapons (yay no durability). except the way that you get these characters is through gacha-pull mechanics. you get some characters progressing through the story, but "the best" ones are in the pulls (which obviously you can get by paying money for, although you get some for free). each character has an element and you have a party of up to 4 that you are playing all at once, that you can switch between using a button - so the idea is you use one character's special and then another's to inflict a specific type of damage - like, you might use a water attack on an enemy to get them wet, then use an ice attack to freeze them dealing freeze damage, then you might use a fire attack to deal melt damage, rinse and repeat. oh, and all the characters are anime "cutesy". like i said, it's free so i thought I'd try it, and it improves on some of my gripes with BotW, but it feels more RPG and less BotW action-y with some different systems.

I have a 500m connection and the game is downloading at .55mb/sec. Woof.

I'll see what it's about...if/when it ever downloads :D
tydett
General Manager

Post#1267 » by tydett » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:30 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
tydett wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I have a 500m connection and the game is downloading at .55mb/sec. Woof.

I'll see what it's about...if/when it ever downloads :D

Yes, the download is criminally bad. I think it took me like 5 hours? I do think that they got slammed more than they expected (like 10 million downloads or something), but just terrible connection speed.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,289

Post#1268 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:34 pm

You guys going through PC or PSN?
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1269 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:45 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:You guys going through PC or PSN?

PC for me.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,289

Post#1270 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:48 pm

;feature=emb_logo

Pretty.
tydett
General Manager

Post#1271 » by tydett » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:49 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:You guys going through PC or PSN?

PC for me.

PC because it has cross play with mobile in case if I decide I actually like this and it's worth risking my job over.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1272 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:59 pm

Down to .42mb/sec. I've been downloading for 6 hours now and am at 64% :rofl:
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,094

Post#1273 » by Siefer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:20 pm

Hades update: it still rules.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#1274 » by crkone » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:09 pm

They actually did it. Steve and 3 other alts (Alex, Enderman, and Zombie) from Minecraft are in Smash. It looked absolutely incredible. Sakurai said they had to rebuild all the stages to allow the placement of blocks.

29:40 for the reveal.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1275 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:34 pm

crkone wrote:They actually did it. Steve and 3 other alts (Alex, Enderman, and Zombie) from Minecraft are in Smash. It looked absolutely incredible. Sakurai said they had to rebuild all the stages to allow the placement of blocks.

Wild. I kind of wish they’d do a few more first party characters (if they have any left at this point), but this is better than some of the rumors out there on Doom Guy, Tracer, Crash Bandicoot, etc...
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#1276 » by crkone » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:00 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
crkone wrote:They actually did it. Steve and 3 other alts (Alex, Enderman, and Zombie) from Minecraft are in Smash. It looked absolutely incredible. Sakurai said they had to rebuild all the stages to allow the placement of blocks.

Wild. I kind of wish they’d do a few more first party characters (if they have any left at this point), but this is better than some of the rumors out there on Doom Guy, Tracer, Crash Bandicoot, etc...

Yeah I was convinced it was Crash. I like when you have different graphic aesthetics like this in games.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1277 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:27 pm

POE league is trash right now, unfortunately, due to performance and bugs. Worst release they've had from that perspective in my time playing. Which is unfortunate, as the content itself is excellent. Will revisit again after things have patched and stabilized.

So I guess I'll give Genshin a run for about a week until BG3 EA is out. I am confused as all hell right now because of some of the mechanics (never played a gacha game), the story is weak, and the characters are like memes of anime tropes, but the world seems cool and I'm having fun so far regardless at about 2h in.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#1278 » by FrieAaron » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:23 pm

I was hoping for Tracer, but this is pretty cool
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#1279 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:23 pm

I picked up Spelunky 2 and never played a minute of the first Spelunky. I just want to keep playing and playing and playing. One of those games where you learn something new on every run.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1280 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:10 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:I picked up Spelunky 2 and never played a minute of the first Spelunky. I just want to keep playing and playing and playing. One of those games where you learn something new on every run.

I have the original, but never sunk a lot of time in it (4-5 hrs). Wasn’t that it was bad, just a casualty to the deluge of good games out at any one time fighting for my attention. Debated if I should revisit the old one that I own or just skip on to the new one.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks