#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Re: OT: Video Gaming Thread 

Post#1382 » by jr lucosa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:22 pm

Ive put alot of hours into 2k15 on PC, mostly mypark & rec, 5v5 team up and myteam are alright too. Just hoping they do something about the cheaters in 16.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,213

Post#1383 » by Matches Malone » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:30 pm

jr lucosa wrote:Ive put alot of hours into 2k15 on PC, mostly mypark & rec, 5v5 team up and myteam are alright too. Just hoping they do something about the cheaters in 16.

Like the 7'2 point guards that can do everything? I hate when that happens.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,836

Post#1384 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Guild Wars 2 is now free (not freemium...just free) in anticipation of the expansion's upcoming release. Downloading now.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,713

Post#1385 » by ACGB » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:24 pm

If you've played open world RPGs before and enjoyed the exploration aspect of that, you should definitely try out Guild Wars 2. Map is gigantic and every zone has tons of places to go to. Can't say I ever got into the story but I spent a lot of time just roaming the map.
PackAttack9
Senior
And1: 224

Post#1386 » by PackAttack9 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:29 am

Just finished Far Cry 4 on my PS4, incredible incredible game. I'm about 8 hours into Witcher 3, but i have a host of older PS3 games I never started. Borderlands 2, Brutal Legend, and Dead Space 2. All of them ranked at above 80%. Any recommendations on what to be occupied with? I don't want to get too far into Witcher 3 while I should finish these older games.
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#1387 » by bucksbrewers3 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:47 am

Matches Malone wrote:
jr lucosa wrote:Ive put alot of hours into 2k15 on PC, mostly mypark & rec, 5v5 team up and myteam are alright too. Just hoping they do something about the cheaters in 16.

Like the 7'2 point guards that can do everything? I hate when that happens.

That actually can't happen. Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but they cap the height in which each position can go.

If you were being sarcastic my bad and carry on

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Post#1388 » by TheWig » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:55 am

Did anyone get the new Madden? How is it?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,424

Post#1389 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:27 am

PackAttack9 wrote:Just finished Far Cry 4 on my PS4, incredible incredible game. I'm about 8 hours into Witcher 3, but i have a host of older PS3 games I never started. Borderlands 2, Brutal Legend, and Dead Space 2. All of them ranked at above 80%. Any recommendations on what to be occupied with? I don't want to get too far into Witcher 3 while I should finish these older games.

Borderlands 2 is one of the best rpg/shooters ever.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1390 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:10 pm

PackAttack9 wrote:Just finished Far Cry 4 on my PS4, incredible incredible game. I'm about 8 hours into Witcher 3, but i have a host of older PS3 games I never started. Borderlands 2, Brutal Legend, and Dead Space 2. All of them ranked at above 80%. Any recommendations on what to be occupied with? I don't want to get too far into Witcher 3 while I should finish these older games.

First, I'd like to say play whatever you want to play. It's impossible to play every good game that comes out and you'll surely miss a few over the years. I've tried to play catch up and all I've done is driven myself mad trying to cover so many old games while missing new stuff I really want to play (i.e. I have Brütal Legend and Dead Space 2, among many others, in my backlog on PC).

That said, personally I'd ditch Brütal Legend and Dead Space 2 and focus on PS4 games. The Witcher 3 is incredible, and if you do everything you have hundreds of hours ahead of you (I'm 120 hours deep and technically only around 1/3 of the way through the main plot). You could then get the Borderlands collection on PS4, letting you play Borderlands 2 on your new hardware and having the Pre-Sequel (while inferior, imo) around as an additional game to play.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,438

Post#1391 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:00 pm

I've been faking some coughs and generally walking around the office today looking sluggish and run down. "I think I've come down with something" is a sentence I've told at least two people. I think by now the only question is whether I buy Metal Gear Solid at midnight tonight or I wait until tomorrow morning.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,836

Post#1392 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:

First, I'd like to say play whatever you want to play. It's impossible to play every good game that comes out and you'll surely miss a few over the years. I've tried to play catch up and all I've done is driven myself mad trying to cover so many old games while missing new stuff I really want to play (i.e. I have Brütal Legend and Dead Space 2, among many others, in my backlog on PC).

Yeah, I've given up with keeping games in a backlog (physically for sure, but even in my mind). I will only buy a game that I know I will get to immediately or within a couple weeks, so even if there is a sale I might skip it. I just don't have enough time to play anymore to plow through lots of big games quickly. I have PS3 games that are years old which I know I will never play. New games come out, and it gets to the point that I'm just over the old title and wanting to just play whatever the new release is.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,341

Post#1393 » by humanrefutation » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:20 pm

TheWig wrote:Did anyone get the new Madden? How is it?

I picked it up last week.

The game itself doesn't feel like much of a change - the menus are cleaner and the catch mechanic in the game is better, but most everything else is fairly cosmetic at best, I think.

I do love the new Draft Champions mode where you get a base roster, have a 15 round draft against either the AI or other madden players where you can supplement your roster with upgrades, and then play through a mini-season with your new team. It's quick. It's replayable because you can start all over and draft a new roster after every mini-season, and it's more fun than Madden Ultimate Team, IMO.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1394 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Sep 1, 2015 12:19 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

Yeah, I've given up with keeping games in a backlog (physically for sure, but even in my mind). I will only buy a game that I know I will get to immediately or within a couple weeks, so even if there is a sale I might skip it. I just don't have enough time to play anymore to plow through lots of big games quickly. I have PS3 games that are years old which I know I will never play. New games come out, and it gets to the point that I'm just over the old title and wanting to just play whatever the new release is.

I agree, at least when it comes to my own personal collection. Years ago when I was just dipping into PC gaming for the first time, I went a little berserk with sales. Steam had all these games that I was used to paying through the roof for at bottom barrel prices, and my library bloated. A great example is the FEAR franchise. I have 1, 2, and 3 and I've only ever installed the first one; they just sit there, untouched.

Now, I try to just get things I know I will play in a timely manner after purchasing and targeting select new games that are must buys. Through the end of 2015, Fallout 4 is my only must buy and MGSV is a close second (depends on the PC port quality, waiting for some impressions). It's definitely made me happier to focus on a small amount of games that I want to play, rather than making it a chore to chug through stuff I'm not interested in but feel obligated to complete.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,438

Post#1395 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 1, 2015 6:18 pm

The new Metal Gear is easily the best looking console video game ever. It makes current gen stuff that looks really good (like The Witcher 3) look last gen in comparison.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,213

Post#1396 » by Matches Malone » Tue Sep 1, 2015 6:24 pm

Anybody pick up Mad Max yet?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,776

Post#1397 » by DanoMac » Tue Sep 1, 2015 6:49 pm

The new Madden is amazing for those asking
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,145

Post#1398 » by WRau1 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 11:20 pm

Anyone heard of Duelyst? Friend of mine just got into the beta and says it's outstanding. Never heard of it before he mentioned it to me, reading about it now and it seems awesome.

http://duelyst.com/
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,145

Post#1399 » by WRau1 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 11:23 pm

And this trailer has me super excited.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQKGFMfXx0&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbUQKGFMfXx0&has_verified=1[/youtube]
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#1400 » by bucksbrewers3 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 3:04 pm

I can't wait until Star Wars battlefront is out. Beta release is October. Super excited for this game, as well as 2k16

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Milwaukee Bucks