ImageImage

Around The League - Bill Walton passes from cancer at 71

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,778

Re: Around The League - Wolves v Mav’s and C’s v Indy 

Post#1381 » by DanoMac » Wed May 22, 2024 5:35 pm

Yeah, there's zero point in looking back on that trade. Put yourself back in the moment. You make that trade 11/10 times. Jrue went from being a 2nd/3rd option to 4th/5th. Of course his percentages are better.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,335

Post#1382 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 22, 2024 6:01 pm

Ernie will be 68 when the NBA on TNT ends a year from now. He's had some health issues. Maybe he retires. I can't imagine him doing anything with the NHL or MLB (on TBS). That's all TNT will have.

I hate everything about ESPN.

It will be interesting to see how NBC will staff it's broadcasts. They're going to do Sunday night NBA when the NFL ends in January. Beyond I expect a lot of Peacock games. :roll:
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,134

Post#1383 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed May 22, 2024 7:29 pm

i find it so dishonest to talk about the jrue/dame trade as if it was a straight up trade. we literally gave up additional assets about equal to jrue. it was more like damn near 2 jrues for dame as it relates to value

if giannis hadnt put us over a barrel with all the winner talk we could have had jrue/khris/giannis with a package of portis/pat/allen 2 picks and 2 swaps sitting around to go get the the next siakam, murray or anunoby type.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,984

Post#1384 » by tydett » Wed May 22, 2024 8:00 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i find it so dishonest to talk about the jrue/dame trade as if it was a straight up trade. we literally gave up additional assets about equal to jrue. it was more like damn near 2 jrues for dame as it relates to value

if giannis hadnt put us over a barrel with all the winner talk we could have had jrue/khris/giannis with a package of portis/pat/allen 2 picks and 2 swaps sitting around to go get the the next siakam, murray or anunoby type.

Calling Grayson Allen and a first round pick (along with two swaps that may not convey) equal to Jrue is either an incredible diss on Jrue or an incredible evaluation of those other assets.

And if you'd rather have Siakam, Murray, or Anunoby than Dame Lillard, I'm not sure what to tell you - especially since Siakam cost 3 actual first round picks and OG missed as much time in the playoffs as Dame did (not to mention Murray's team didn't even get to sniff a first round sweep).
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,462

Post#1385 » by RiotPunch » Wed May 22, 2024 8:02 pm

If Grayson is equal to Jrue, consider me Miles Davis.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,134

Post#1386 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed May 22, 2024 8:03 pm

tydett wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i find it so dishonest to talk about the jrue/dame trade as if it was a straight up trade. we literally gave up additional assets about equal to jrue. it was more like damn near 2 jrues for dame as it relates to value

Calling Grayson Allen and a first round pick (along with two swaps that may not convey) equal to Jrue is either an incredible diss on Jrue or an incredible evaluation of those other assets.

And if you'd rather have Siakam, Murray, or Anunoby than Dame Lillard, I'm not sure what to tell you - especially since Siakam cost 3 actual first round picks and OG missed as much time in the playoffs as Dame did (not to mention Murray's team didn't even get to sniff a first round sweep).

celtics gave up 2 similar level players for jrue(williams/brogdon).....but the 2 picks they added werent even remotely close to the value of our pick and 2 swaps.... the deals werent galaxys apart. if you wanted high value picks and swaps youd take our deal if you wanted more usable players with some sweeteners than youd give up what the celtics gave portland

either way...allen a pick and two swaps down the road when its virtually gauranteed were gonna suck is a hell of an offer for a guy demanding out and saying he doesnt want to play here. its definitely worth in the neighborhood of jrue on the open market depending on the team youre dealing with especially

so yes....id rather have jrue AND any of the players named. if we hadnt dealt jrue and emptied the cupboard along with him wed be in far better condition now and in the future besides dame. it was an all in shot that has bombed horribly so far

either way... my point was this jrue for dame talk is demented if you frame it like it was straight up. if it was straight up then duh of course it was a good trade. but putting ourselves into a straight jacket... again.... by dumping the last big package of picks wed ever have in giannis prime like its nothing is what i have a problem with
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,316

Post#1387 » by soboMP3 » Wed May 22, 2024 9:22 pm

Its also going to get mighty interesting around here if/when Giannis misses another playoff series due to injury...
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,272

Post#1388 » by Matches Malone » Wed May 22, 2024 9:45 pm

Fotis St wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:Its also going to get mighty interesting around here if/when Giannis misses another playoff series due to injury...

I have already painfully downgraded him to Charles Barkley with a Ring

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#1389 » by Mtsportsfan » Wed May 22, 2024 9:50 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:You know the old saying, "Better to be lucky, face no real healthy competition until the Finals, and be gifted a 30 to 10 FT disparity, than good."

ESPN talking heads telling me that Indy just doesn't drive to the hoop much to initiate contact.

But yet Boston led the league in three's taken in games this year!
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,973

Post#1390 » by Fotis St » Wed May 22, 2024 9:55 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:Its also going to get mighty interesting around here if/when Giannis misses another playoff series due to injury...

Nah he is nothing close to MJ mentally. I wish he was ... MJ would have not ride Disney trains with Brook, he would likely cuff Brook's feet with heavy prison balls with GPS ON to track his miles per day and push him to become more athletic.

I like that he is having fun, he is a better teammate than MJ. It is an off season he should do whatever he wants. He just has to stay healthy and improve his FTs already
Draft: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,391

Post#1391 » by humanrefutation » Wed May 22, 2024 10:19 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

Nah he is nothing close to MJ mentally. I wish he was ... MJ would have not ride Disney trains with Brook, he would likely cuff Brook's feet with heavy prison balls with GPS ON to track his miles per day and push him to become more athletic.

I like that he is having fun, he is a better teammate than MJ. It is an off season he should do whatever he wants. He just has to stay healthy and improve his FTs already

Yes, the same MJ who was notorious for gambling, smoking cigars like a chimney, and playing golf regularly DURING THE SEASON was above having a good time. Come on, now.

Giannis has never shown himself to have anything but an excellent work ethic.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#1392 » by Fotis St » Wed May 22, 2024 10:24 pm

Work ethic is not enough ... work hard and smart is the key. What kind of hard work are you applying ? He really needs to triple down his work on his FTs , everything else will fall into place
Draft: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic
James1980
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#1393 » by James1980 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:20 am

Fotis St wrote:Work ethic is not enough ... work hard and smart is the key. What kind of hard work are you applying ? He really needs to triple down his work on his FTs , everything else will fall into place

No vacations lmao?
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,476

Post#1394 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu May 23, 2024 12:22 am

Haliburton now supermax eligible, let's see how that plays out.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,335

Post#1395 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 23, 2024 12:24 am

I'm sure Giannis doesn't work on FT, and everything else, during the summer.

We're only 3 weeks into the off-season and some of the takes are "interesting".
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,954

Post#1396 » by blazza18 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:44 am

Mavs being in a WCF with PJ Washington and Derrick Jones Jr as their two forwards is kinda crazy considering how deep that position is around the league.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,476

Post#1397 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu May 23, 2024 1:13 am

Jaden McDaniels has shut me up after calling out his offense during the Denver series.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,556

Post#1398 » by Milbucks96 » Thu May 23, 2024 1:35 am

Kyrie looks so fast tonight. No matter who’s in front he just blows by them Mx
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#1399 » by Fotis St » Thu May 23, 2024 1:38 am

I love Kyrie, I have been posting to trade for him for 7 years. I wish he wins it all and make alot eat crow
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,954

Post#1400 » by blazza18 » Thu May 23, 2024 1:40 am

Kyrie had at least two single digit games against OKC. But **** like tonight is why fans/teams don't want to quit him despite all his bs.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks