ImageImage

PG Portland: Loss

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,916

Re: PG Portland: Loss 

Post#141 » by TroyD92 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:44 pm

Jrue would have pooped himself in the playoffs again and you’d all start crying about how they didn’t trade him
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#142 » by soxperry » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:45 pm

Blazers had a ton of motivation, made some huge shots over and over. I'm fine with that. What i'm not fine with is all the stupid turnovers on our part. What i absolutely hate is Giannis just dribbling the ball up the court and getting fouled when everyone in the world knows Dame should have gotten that ball back for the last minute attempt. And maybe Portland fouls him too, but the ball has to go back to Dame. Not just because it's his homecoming, but because it's the right basketball play. Why trade for him if you're not going to have him take that shot? Not the first time it's happened this season, either. Very annoying.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 15,254

Post#143 » by JayMKE » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:46 pm

Dame just aint that guy
FREE GIANNIS
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,207

Post#144 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:55 pm

msiris wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Have you guys even looked at Jrue's numbers and watched how he's played this year, like, at all? Bail on Dame? What kind of reactionary bull **** is going on here?

:lol:
Maybe he doesnt have to be. He is like the 4th in the pecking order. They have more options then we do.

He’s 5th if we’re going by shot attempts.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,561

Post#145 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:02 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:And if you're Giannis, have the **** brains to pass the ball up the court. When they're about to foul you.

He wants to get fouled, his ego gets the best of him too much.
He's trying to prove to himself he can be clutch.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach

Post#146 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:02 pm

Someone pull up Dame’s advanced impact numbers. I want on/off, PER, win shares, all of it.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,662

Post#147 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:05 pm

msiris wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Have you guys even looked at Jrue's numbers and watched how he's played this year, like, at all? Bail on Dame? What kind of reactionary bull **** is going on here?

Also would have traded mids instead of jrue knowing that our backcourt cant stop anyone.

You would have traded Midds who we just signed? Is that even legal? And why would Portland do that? Or are we allowed to make random 1-sided trades?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,841

Post#148 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:07 pm

Jrue going to the Celtics isn’t the problem. C’s were going to be a very tough out with Porzingis and holding onto Brogdon and Timelord.

Nor is Dame the problem. He’s doing an awful lot, and opening up the court for Giannis to average 30+ and shoot 60%.

Our problem is that Pat, Bobby, Midds, and Jae have grown old and slow. And the young guys bought in haven’t been able to convincingly unseat them.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,856

Post#149 » by msiris » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:08 pm

JayMKE wrote:Dame just aint that guy
He could be but he is a 3 pt chucker Some attempts are really bad. He should foucusmore on driving the lane and becoming more efficient. I don't see it happen.
Ride the tank
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 2,088

Post#150 » by fansinceforever » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:09 pm

I'm not crowning Boston until we get to the playoffs and see what that looks like. We know what happens to Jrue offensively and we saw last season what can happen to him defensively when guys inevitably turn it up.

Jamal Murray is a putrid defender and they won with him. The Bucks can do the same with a few schematic and personnel tweaks. We just cannot have Dame next to Malik F'in Beasley or Pat and expect that this goes well. To me, it's that simple.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,662

Post#151 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:09 pm

On a fun note, Giannis passed Shawn Marion and now 6 away from Magic for 86th on the all-time points list
Gant
General Manager
And1: 12,588

Post#152 » by Gant » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:09 pm

Jrue Holiday's overall scoring, assists, and PER are way down; that's because usage and shot attempts are way down. Turnovers are much lower too because of the reduced usage.

TS% is close to his best years. Three point percentage is his best ever. Rebound% is the best of his career. Defense has been his usual.

Basically he's having a good year and contributes to wins, but has a reduced role on offense and is touching the ball a lot less.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,856

Post#153 » by msiris » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:10 pm

He could be but he is a 3 pt chucker Some attempts are really bad. He should foucusmore on driving the lane and becoming more efficient. I don't see it happen.
Ride the tank
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 25,002

Post#154 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:12 pm

Blazers shot 50% on above-the-break 3's and 61% from mid-range.

:dontknow:
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 2,088

Post#155 » by fansinceforever » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:14 pm

Also, watching that play, it's very possible Giannis didn't want to turn the ball over by passing it. He's a superstar, regardless of numbers he's not going to risk a TO because he's afraid to go to the line. The Giannis is dumb stuff is so overblown. I could nitpick the basketball IQ of every player on our team
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,893

Post#156 » by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:14 pm

We need anyone respectable to give us quality minutes off the bench. Pat, Bobby, Cam, and to a lesser extent Jae (willing to give time to get his legs) have been atrocious.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach

Post#157 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:15 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Jrue going to the Celtics isn’t the problem. C’s were going to be a very tough out with Porzingis and holding onto Brogdon and Timelord.

Nor is Dame the problem. He’s doing an awful lot, and opening up the court for Giannis to average 30+ and shoot 60%.

Our problem is that Pat, Bobby, Midds, and Jae have grown old and slow. And the young guys bought in haven’t been able to convincingly unseat them.

I keep thinking back to the game where we went down 30 and Griff threw out Livingston for non-garbage time minutes. And we were all like woah, this guy actually looks pretty good! We might have something here.

In reality, Livingston stinks, and we were all just in awe of what a young guy with fresh legs looks like.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,272

Post#158 » by Daver » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:16 pm

Agree jrue hasnt been by no means a lock down D guy this year his reputation preceeds him as a great D dude has looked pedistrian to say the least.As for his O i know hes 4th or 5th option but hes been average at best
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 12,112
Location: Pants-based solutions for today's highly charged environment

Post#159 » by chonestown » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:16 pm

Read on Twitter
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,775

Post#160 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:18 pm

msiris wrote:
He's Dame f'ing Lillard of course he's going to shoot a bunch of 3s and some will be of the yolo variety. That's who he is as a player. He's also bad defensively, that shouldn't be some shocking development. Now I do think it's fair to criticize some of his bad effort related habits. But again it's not like he's ever been a dude who busts his ass back in transition D.

I was in favor of the trade because I thought they needed a high level end of game scorer in the playoffs. Hopefully he proves me right come playoff time. But I also was saying before Dame was traded that he was a riskier trade target than most people wanted to admit and there were aspects of his game that got ignored a bit in Portland because everyone liked and kind of felt sorry for him.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks