New Signing - Could be Chris Andersen

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Re: New Signing 

Post#141 » by bigkurty » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:56 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:People need to remember that while Haislip has a 60 inch vertical, can bench 3,450 pounds 15 times, run the 40 yard dash in 2.3 seconds, he still doesn't actually know how to play basketball.

Not exactly true anymore, apparently.
I commented on this in the latest Haislip thread (it was locked because we've had at least one other Haislip thread recently or something)

If Gad supposedly knows who the signing is and he is defending Haislip now, and Haislip was recently in practicing at the Cousins Center, it must be Haislip if this actually happens.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#142 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:57 pm

i hope it's haislip
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 29,048

Post#143 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:04 pm

jerrod wrote:i hope it's haislip

If it is, the Bucks will have their most athletic team ever and that's not hyperbole. Doesn't mean they'll be any good, though.

I'd be cool with Slip, I guess. He's probably not a difference maker, though. All his youtube clips show him fighting or catching wide open lobs.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 427

Post#144 » by smauss » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:06 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
jerrod wrote:it's either birdman or haislip

Bleh. Dumb & Dumber.

:lol:

Boy, there's a twist cone I want no part of....
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#145 » by Wise1 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:11 pm

Haislip would probably come cheap. I wouldn't mind if it were him if the alternatives are Anderson and Swift.

IF Haislip has learned the basic principles of playing winning basketball, he could be a nice contributor. Wonderful athlete.
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#146 » by smooth 'lil balla » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:12 pm

So if it's Haislip, will the jury still be out if that lottery pick was a bust?
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,662

Post#147 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:13 pm

For what it's worth, nba.com still has a Bucks logo next to Haislips profile.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/marcus_haislip/
emunney
RealGM
And1: 38,036

Post#148 » by emunney » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:16 pm

If it's Haislip, I'd feel a lot better about it if he was a half-decent rebounder overseas, but he wasn't. If it's Birdman, there's just no way to feel good about it.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 7,099

Post#149 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:17 pm

stellation wrote:I'll give people a couple of hints; it's a player who may have previously played against the Bucks and done something, they may have also played a little bit of college ball.

When has Haislip ever played against the Bucks and "done something"? Alexander Johnson has one career game against the Bucks and was a total non-factor. Chris Andersen on the other hand once had a pretty good game against the Bucks, although I can't find the stats anywhere online. All I found was that he set his career high in fta's against the Bucks on 3/12/05 (nba.com lists all career highs) and I seem to recall that was a pretty solid game for him.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#150 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:17 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
jerrod wrote:i hope it's haislip

If it is, the Bucks will have their most athletic team ever and that's not hyperbole. Doesn't mean they'll be any good, though.

I'd be cool with Slip, I guess. He's probably not a difference maker, though. All his youtube clips show him fighting or catching wide open lobs.

and he's good at both of those things 8-)
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#151 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:19 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
stellation wrote:I'll give people a couple of hints; it's a player who may have previously played against the Bucks and done something, they may have also played a little bit of college ball.

When has Haislip ever played against the Bucks and "done something"? Alexander Johnson has one career game against the Bucks and was a total non-factor. Chris Andersen on the other hand once had a pretty good game against the Bucks, although I can't find the stats anywhere online. All I found was that he set his career high in fta's against the Bucks on 3/12/05 (nba.com lists all career highs) and I seem to recall that was a pretty solid game for him.

I think Haislip was playing against us every time he put on a Bucks uniform

:lol:
Superfito
Senior
And1: 82

Post#152 » by Superfito » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:20 pm

Definitely going to be Haislip.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#153 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:21 pm

I've seen Haislip play multiple times since he's been in Europe. He's definitely fine tuned his game a little bit, but the biggest reason for his success over there is that he's simply way more athletic than most guys he plays against. He and his teammate Boniface N'Dong (sp) were probably the two most athletic big men in that Spanish league.

Haislip is just an athletc freak who can shoot a little bit. He didn’t morph into Larry Bird in Malaga. He'll be able to get out and run, throw down lobs and block some shots. Pretty thin to be a post defender.
nuttinbutta Big Dog party
Junior
And1: 0

Post#154 » by nuttinbutta Big Dog party » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:22 pm

I would have no problem with the Bird Man. I think he would quickly be a fan favorite. He can concentrate on playing defense. He has a great frame, and can jump out of the gym. The year before he got booted from the league, he was really coming into his own as a player. Reading about him, I feel he can keep his head on straight and play basketball, if he is removed from his element.

I'm on the Birdman bandwagon... Ca-Caww!
Big Dogg GRob--smoothest 15 foot jumper in the game
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,406

Post#155 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:29 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:People need to remember that while Haislip has a 60 inch vertical, can bench 3,450 pounds 15 times, run the 40 yard dash in 2.3 seconds, he still doesn't actually know how to play basketball.

Not exactly true anymore, apparently.
I commented on this in the latest Haislip thread (it was locked because we've had at least one other Haislip thread recently or something)

I've read the DX reports on his game. While they say he's definitely improved his overall awareness, they also commented that there is a "reason he had to take this route" among other things. He wouldn't excite me in the least as a signing.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#156 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:30 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Pretty thin to be a post defender.

that's why i was so surprised. i thought we'd be going after a big plodding post defender

i'm so happy! :D
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#157 » by bigkurty » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:42 pm

For what its worth, I have some inside info as well although it is old. Haislips old teammate, Thaydeus Holden from Tennessee used to work at American in Waukesha and lived in Haislips place which he kept in Milwaukee up until at least a year ago. I haven't worked at American for two years now though and I believe Thaydeus moved to Texas about a year ago now but either way it is quite possible that Haislip still has a place here in the area that he has kept ever since we drafted him.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#158 » by step3profit » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:43 pm

This may be off topic.

MILWAUKEE, WI (AP) - Jeff Goldblum was spotted entering the Cousins Center in St. Francis, WI today, with what appeared to be a replica of the teleportation device used in his hit movie, "The Fly". The cars of Michael Ruffin, Charlie Villanueva, and Marcus Haislip were also seen in the parking lot of the Cousins Center.

Owner/GM/Coach Herbiles Scammond had virtually no comment, pausing only to say "BWAGH!!!" before clawing his way into the nearest sewer.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#159 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:49 pm

bplus wrote:This may be off topic.

MILWAUKEE, WI (AP) - Jeff Goldblum was spotted entering the Cousins Center in St. Francis, WI today, with what appeared to be a replica of the teleportation device used in his hit movie, "The Fly". The cars of Michael Ruffin, Charlie Villanueva, and Marcus Haislip were also seen in the parking lot of the Cousins Center.

Owner/GM/Coach Herbiles Scammond had virtually no comment, pausing only to say "BWAGH!!!" before clawing his way into the nearest sewer.

:rofl:
awesome
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 19

Post#160 » by andonewheel » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:51 pm

I hope this rumor is wrong and this whole thread was a mistake. Haislip better not get a penny more than the minimum if we do sign him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks