ATL: DeMarcus Cousins blows out ACL, pg 89

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Re: ATL: Westbrook traded for Chris Paul and picks, pg 51 

Post#1561 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:32 pm

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:
that being said, it's hard to throw shade at the guy. he seems to be a good dad and husband....and his kids probably love his attention and excitement. for a dude who keeps his name out of the tabloids....I find it hard to get really upset about his antics at high school basketball games.

I want to point out this was not a HS basketball game in the middle of july. this was an aau game and that's a completely different environment in the summer. I don't care if its aau or jamboree stuff or even drew league or random pro ams all across america people running out on the court and doing all this crazy **** after people get dunked on or shake somebody is really run of the mill and even expected in a lot of these settings. to me this isn't a big deal like at all.

now if once his regular hs or college games are going on then dads running out there then that's a different story but I will bet that WONT happen because nobody does that and those games count for something and he like everybody else in the gym will get that.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,982

Post#1562 » by jschligs » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:33 pm

I'm on the side of defending Lebron. People WANT to see that at the AAU games. He wasn't even going nuts on his son, it was the TEAM. They love it too. He's not taking their spotlight, he's giving them spotlight. Without him, they'd only be visible to a select group of YouTube viewers.

To those saying "insert a random dad" or "insert Lavar Ball" and people would be pissed. Absolutely. Nobody gives a **** about those guys, but everyone loves seeing the greatest basketball player on earth doing antics. And conversely, they love hating him for it.

He's the single greatest role model for kids in recent years and nobody can deny that. You can dislike him as a basketball player, you can hate his "Decision" fiasco, but to hate him as a person/dad/husband/role model...you're just a hater.

We honestly are turning into such a pissy and whiny culture it's insane. Let the man support his kids and stop trying to make him out to be a selfish, attention whoring monster. He's a class act, through and through.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,302

Post#1563 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:53 pm

If he wants to be the GOAT I don't know why he's not in the gym practicing. MJ would never do that, he'd be in the gym working. Pictures of Ewing, Reggie, Malone on punching bags for him to beat up, just to focus on next season and getting more ringz.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,166

Post#1564 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:57 pm

jschligs wrote:I'm on the side of defending Lebron. People WANT to see that at the AAU games. He wasn't even going nuts on his son, it was the TEAM. They love it too. He's not taking their spotlight, he's giving them spotlight. Without him, they'd only be visible to a select group of YouTube viewers.

To those saying "insert a random dad" or "insert Lavar Ball" and people would be pissed. Absolutely. Nobody gives a **** about those guys, but everyone loves seeing the greatest basketball player on earth doing antics. And conversely, they love hating him for it.

He's the single greatest role model for kids in recent years and nobody can deny that. You can dislike him as a basketball player, you can hate his "Decision" fiasco, but to hate him as a person/dad/husband/role model...you're just a hater.

We honestly are turning into such a pissy and whiny culture it's insane. Let the man support his kids and stop trying to make him out to be a selfish, attention whoring monster. He's a class act, through and through.

I hate Lebron as a fan, but the guy has been under unbelievable pressure for 2 decades and hasn't screwed up in a way that hurt anyone outside of what he has done on the court.

Was it stupid and immature? Yes. It was embarrassing in the sense of "Ugh, a combination of being a proud dad and trying to show-off and doing too much"

This was embarrassing in the sense that this guy should immediately apologize, banned from games and hurt his reputation:
https://www.12up.com/posts/6307768-video-former-packers-head-coach-mike-mccarthy-goes-after-refs-at-high-school-basketball-game
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,166

Post#1565 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:58 pm

DingleJerry wrote:If he wants to be the GOAT I don't know why he's not in the gym practicing. MJ would never do that, he'd be in the gym working. Pictures of Ewing, Reggie, Malone on punching bags for him to beat up, just to focus on next season and getting more ringz.

Not sure if serious....

Actual image of Jordan working out in the summer....

And another....
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Post#1566 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:03 pm

DingleJerry wrote:If he wants to be the GOAT I don't know why he's not in the gym practicing. MJ would never do that, he'd be in the gym working. Pictures of Ewing, Reggie, Malone on punching bags for him to beat up, just to focus on next season and getting more ringz.

jordans summers involved a lot of working out, golf and cigars depending on the day. athletes today work out more than ever before
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1567 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:07 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

jordans summers involved a lot of working out, golf and cigars depending on the day. athletes today work out more than ever before

Sorry, I guess even being that over the top wasn't enough. Should've went green font. I guess it just shows how much the MJ obsessors/LBJ haters are over the top that what I said could be considered normal in the conversation, haha.

Plus someone on here ripped on Giannis for doing fun stuff this summer so kinda just wisecracking on that...
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 985

Post#1568 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:30 pm

jschligs wrote:He's the single greatest role model for kids in recent years and nobody can deny that. You can dislike him as a basketball player, you can hate his "Decision" fiasco, but to hate him as a person/dad/husband/role model...you're just a hater.

So thankful we have Giannis here locally for kids to look up to.

My son idolizes him, and I don't think he could pick a better pro athlete to idolize.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,332

Post#1569 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:56 pm

Lebron could just, y’know clap and cheer like every other parent.
Do it for Chuck
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,352

Post#1570 » by crkone » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:04 pm

You think this is crazy? You should see how rowdy girls' club volleyball gets!!!1!1!!1

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1571 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:07 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Lebron could just, y’know clap and cheer like every other parent.

Have you been to a youth sport like basketball recently? Parents are fricken crazy. It's shocking to watch, especially as someone without kids.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#1572 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Lebron could just, y’know clap and cheer like every other parent.

Have you been to a youth sport like basketball recently? Parents are fricken crazy. It's shocking to watch, especially as someone without kids.

I haven’t so I suppose it’s possible that I’m out of touch, but my reaction to not just Lebron but anyone doing that would be, seriously?
Do it for Chuck
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,231

Post#1573 » by FrieAaron » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:10 pm

Worst part about youth sports is the parents. My daughter tried out soccer when she was like 6 and there were already parents screaming and making a spectacle of themselves.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1574 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:12 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

I haven’t so I suppose it’s possible that I’m out of touch, but my reaction to not just Lebron but anyone doing that would be, seriously?

It's bit different in that Lebron is being positive and celebratory. The majority of the craziness comes in the negativity, treating refs and other coaches/kids horribly. Acting like this stuff is life and death. And again, remember this is AAU which is glorified scrimmage so it's different and about the highlights and pulling plays like that off. And remember this type of over the top celebration is common on NBA benches.

But sure, some of this is LBJ knows who he is so it's a bit of 'look at me'. Shocker, he's a celebrity with an ego. Overall, this is being blown out of proportion in that it's even being talked about. Need some clicks and to get people riled up about though.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,778

Post#1575 » by chonestown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 pm

It probably wasn't the best decision for LeBron to do that this is a reference to 9 years ago when LeBron made the decision to play for the Hat.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
th87
RealGM
And1: 9,790

Post#1576 » by th87 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:34 pm

I'd imagine parenting a son who will have to walk in his shadow would be different from conventional parenting. Maybe it's better to be effusive with your pride to show that he measures up.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,059

Post#1577 » by emunney » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 pm

If you think every parent just claps and cheers, my kid's T-ball league would have been a real eye-opener for you.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,514

Post#1578 » by KidA24 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:39 pm

emunney wrote:

If you think every parent just claps and cheers, my kid's T-ball league would have been a real eye-opener for you.

Seriously, parents are the **** worst. Let the damn kids play.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,059

Post#1579 » by emunney » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:40 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Worst part about youth sports is the parents. My daughter tried out soccer when she was like 6 and there were already parents screaming and making a spectacle of themselves.

To be fair, there are a lot of parents who do this correctly. But it is difficult to find a youth sporting event involving kids of *ANY* age where there aren't parents who are **** it up.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#1580 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:46 pm

I guess my biggest issue is that isn’t this pretty much rubbing it into the opponents (kids) faces. If he’s gonna do that than he’s setting a precedent that it’s ok for all the parents to do it, which is obviously a ridiculous notion. End of the day, you can chalk it up to “I’m Lebron and no one is gonna stop me so f it.”
Do it for Chuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks