Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Scouting 

Post#161 » by Ruzious » Mon May 10, 2021 2:19 pm

emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:
His shot is like early Jason Kidd level, but he's a real PG unlike Turner, he's just tall. Think he'd be a great fit next to Jrue in spite of the shooting. I am always looking for guys who can run offense and see the floor.

Just wish we could see him against quality opposition - to see if his skills translate and if he's quick enough to excel in the NBA. His shot has dramatically improved during the season. A gifted natural passer.

It's odd to me that we never apply this competition caveat to NCAA players when that's clearly the worst level of competition guys get drafted out of, other than the guys who don't compete at all and take a gap year to train and maybe China, where there's no defense. IMO the NBL is not that different from many of the domestic leagues.

Not even saying you disagree with any of this, and obviously it'd be better if he were doing what he's doing now in Euroleague. I just think if we had a 6-8 freshman in the NCAA doing what he's doing, we'd be all over him, and I think he'd have done a lot better than that.

No. From everything I've read, he's playing in a very low level Euro league, and while they have older players in the league, the QUALITY OF ATHLETE there is obviously lower than upper level NCAA basketball teams. I would likely say the same thing about him in regard to prospects on US mid-majors.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,113

Post#162 » by emunney » Mon May 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Just wish we could see him against quality opposition - to see if his skills translate and if he's quick enough to excel in the NBA. His shot has dramatically improved during the season. A gifted natural passer.

It's odd to me that we never apply this competition caveat to NCAA players when that's clearly the worst level of competition guys get drafted out of, other than the guys who don't compete at all and take a gap year to train and maybe China, where there's no defense. IMO the NBL is not that different from many of the domestic leagues.

Not even saying you disagree with any of this, and obviously it'd be better if he were doing what he's doing now in Euroleague. I just think if we had a 6-8 freshman in the NCAA doing what he's doing, we'd be all over him, and I think he'd have done a lot better than that.

No. From everything I've read, he's playing in a very low level Euro league, and while they have older players in the league, the QUALITY OF ATHLETE there is obviously lower than upper level NCAA basketball teams. I would likely say the same thing about him in regard to prospects on US mid-majors.

He's playing in Australia. NBL. Same league LaMelo played in last year.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#163 » by Ruzious » Mon May 10, 2021 2:30 pm

emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:

Yes, I realize that.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#164 » by Ruzious » Mon May 10, 2021 2:31 pm

The athletes are better at US majors, and it's his athleticism that I question.
emunney
RealGM

Post#165 » by emunney » Mon May 10, 2021 2:31 pm

Ayayi plays for Gonzaga. How many guys on the Pepperdine roster will play pro anywhere?
emunney
RealGM

Post#166 » by emunney » Mon May 10, 2021 2:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:No. From everything I've read, he's playing in a very low level Euro league, and while they have older players in the league, the QUALITY OF ATHLETE there is obviously lower than upper level NCAA basketball teams. I would likely say the same thing about him in regard to prospects on US mid-majors.

Yes, I realize that.

Gotcha. In that case: Australia's not in Europe.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#167 » by Ruzious » Mon May 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Ruzious wrote:The athletes are better at US majors, and it's his athleticism that I question.

How many times do I have to say this?
emunney
RealGM

Post#168 » by emunney » Mon May 10, 2021 2:36 pm

Ruzious wrote:The athletes are better at US majors, and it's his athleticism that I question.

Still think this is dubious. Plenty of former high major guys in the NBL.
emunney
RealGM

Post#169 » by emunney » Mon May 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Ruzious wrote:

How many times do I have to imply that you don't know what you're talking about until you get it?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by Ruzious » Mon May 10, 2021 2:43 pm

emunney wrote:

Still think this is dubious. Plenty of former high major guys in the NBL.

Regardless................ I think he's a unique player with unusual skills who I'd need to see against better competition before making a determination.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#171 » by Ruzious » Mon May 10, 2021 2:44 pm

emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

How many times do I have to imply that you don't know what you're talking about until you get it?

Wth dude?
emunney
RealGM

Post#172 » by emunney » Mon May 10, 2021 2:48 pm

Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:How many times do I have to say this?

Wth dude?

You get what you give my man.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#173 » by Ruzious » Mon May 10, 2021 2:51 pm

emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:

Wth dude?

This is the 2nd time recently our back and forths have gone sour. How bout we both put each other on ignore?
emunney
RealGM

Post#174 » by emunney » Mon May 10, 2021 3:02 pm

Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Wth dude?

This is the 2nd time recently our back and forths have gone sour. How bout we both put each other on ignore?

Do what you gotta do, no hard feelings.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,753

Post#175 » by SupremeHustle » Mon May 10, 2021 4:41 pm

tski1972 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Can anyone confirm what pick they have in the second round? All the websites are different

The Bucks currently have Houston’s 2nd round pick, which is 31 overall.

Is this from the Tucker deal? If so, nice job Horst.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
emunney
RealGM

Post#176 » by emunney » Mon May 10, 2021 4:45 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
tski1972 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Can anyone confirm what pick they have in the second round? All the websites are different

Yeah, they got our 1st (currently 24), we got their 2nd (31), and we gave them our 2023 1st to get our 2022 1st back. Really a minimal cost to get off Augustin's contract, which Larry Harris never should have given out.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,753

Post#177 » by SupremeHustle » Mon May 10, 2021 4:47 pm

emunney wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
tski1972 wrote:

Yeah, they got our 1st (currently 25), we got their 2nd (31), and we gave them our 2023 1st to get our 2022 1st back. Really a minimal cost to get off Augustin's contract, which Larry Harris never should have given out.

I was initially way too harsh on that deal because I thought Tucker was cooked. But seeing it laid out like that, yeah, that's some solid GM'ing.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,232

Post#178 » by midranger » Mon May 10, 2021 5:50 pm

emunney wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
tski1972 wrote:

Yeah, they got our 1st (currently 24), we got their 2nd (31), and we gave them our 2023 1st to get our 2022 1st back. Really a minimal cost to get off Augustin's contract, which Larry Harris never should have given out.

Lol
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,344

Post#179 » by jakecronus8 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:04 am

Yeah that’s such a steal of a deal for Milwaukee. For some reason I was under the assumption that it was the worse of two picks we’d get back but getting a useful player in tucker and dumping Augustin at the expense of a handful of draft slots is way worth it.
Do it for Chuck
emunney
RealGM

Post#180 » by emunney » Thu May 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Scottie Lewis didn't have the season I expected but I still like him. Just struck me that how similar he is to Shumpert, who I also really liked at GT as a guy who could move his feet defensively and cover a lot of ground and then do a little bit of everything offensively (a very little bit when it comes to making jumpshots unfortunately).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks