ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,985

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst 

Post#1601 » by Bernman » Tue May 21, 2024 4:04 pm

I don't think we're getting all that for Pat, Bobby, & 23. I've thought about GP2 also. Do that in isolation for like Pat & 33.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 25,001

Post#1602 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 21, 2024 4:15 pm

Bernman wrote:I don't think we're getting all that for Pat, Bobby, & 23. I've thought about GP2 also. Do that in isolation for like Pat & 33.

Why on earth are we adding a pick to turn Pat into GP2?
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,985

Post#1603 » by Bernman » Tue May 21, 2024 4:19 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
Bernman wrote:I don't think we're getting all that for Pat, Bobby, & 23. I've thought about GP2 also. Do that in isolation for like Pat & 33.

Why on earth are we adding a pick to turn Pat into GP2?

TMK, GP2's the better player at this pt, especially given our needs. But I didn't pay close attention to GSW's season. If we don't have to add a pick, all the more reason to do it.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1604 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 21, 2024 4:22 pm

God no, Pat for all his warts is still the more proven and reliable postseason guy, and GP2 can't stay healthy at all. He's only in any of these deals as salary filler that Golden State wants to shed in order to reduce their luxury tax bill. If anything, they need to be paying us a 2nd.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,780

Post#1605 » by raferfenix » Tue May 21, 2024 4:39 pm

Warriors and Bucks had trade talks at the deadline per Jake Fisher.

I suspect / hope taking on Wiggins’ salary was viewed as the cost of acquiring something better from their team.

Seems more likely to me that they’d want to extend and open up more minutes for Kuminga vs dealing him.

Moses Moody could be the odd man out though if the Bucks are in to him, and of course picks or other assets could be put into the equation as well.

But Wiggins is the Warrior who’s generated the most significant trade chatter around the league. He remains a player in consideration for the Dallas Mavericks and Milwaukee Bucks, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Although in order for Milwaukee to reach Wiggins’ $24.3 million salary, the Bucks would need to include forward Bobby Portis in any outgoing package, and Milwaukee, sources said, is going to think long and hard before sacrificing Portis in any deal at this deadline. Still, it should be noted Portis was one of Kerr’s favorites during this summer’s FIBA World Cup run with Team USA.

https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-wiggins-appears-to-be-warriors-biggest-trade-chip-but-a-deal-remains-a-challenge-225816934.html
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1606 » by raferfenix » Tue May 21, 2024 5:01 pm

Wiggins of course could be a non-starter.

But if the Bucks were willing to take him on if properly incentivized, what do we think of their rooks?

The NBA recently released their All-Rookie Teams for the 2023-24 season. Golden State Warriors rookie Brandin Podziemski was on the First Team after a great debut campaign, averaging 9.2 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 3.7 assists per game on 45.4 percent shooting from the floor and 38.5 percent from three-point land this season.

Trayce Jackson-Davis almost got in the All-Rookie Second Team but was barely beaten out

Trayce Jackson-Davis played 68 regular-season games (16 starts), averaging 7.9 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks per game on 70.2 percent shooting from the field.

Toward the end of the 2023-24 campaign, Steve Kerr and co. played Trayce Jackson-Davis more instead of Kevon Looney because he was one of the team’s most reliable young players

The only hole in Trayce Jackson-Davis’ game is his lack of a reliable three-point shot. However, he is a good rebounder and a versatile defender

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/amp/golden_state_warriors_brandin_podziemski_blasts_voters_for_snubbing_teammate_in_the_2024_all_nba_rookie_teams/s1_17382_40385794
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1607 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 21, 2024 5:06 pm

They're not trading Podz. Moody could be a worthwhile gamble, but Moody + Wiggins salaries would mean you'd have to send out Brook. Bobby + Pat doesn't get you close to that. And the idea of banking entirely on an unproven 21-year old and Wiggins' motor/mental health to round out your rotation with the Big-3 makes me incredibly nervous. If it blows up in your face, you're on the hook for all 3-years, $85 million of that contract. Can't trust that dude anymore.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,309

Post#1608 » by FrieAaron » Tue May 21, 2024 5:08 pm

I would absolutely take that if it included Jackson-Davis.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1609 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 21, 2024 5:11 pm

With that said, just simplify it and avoid the Wiggins albatross altogether. Bobby for Moody + GP2. I'd even throw in #33 if GS really wants a pick in this draft (or to use it in a package to dump Wiggins contract elsewhere).
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1610 » by raferfenix » Tue May 21, 2024 5:16 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:With that said, just simplify it and avoid the Wiggins albatross altogether.

Was just thinking about that too.

How good of a fit do we think Jackson-Davis or Looney would be (in addition to other pieces)?

That’s assuming Bobby is Kerr’s target. If they prefer Brook’s ending contract that could come in to play, or maybe a multi-team deal where OKC absorbs salary for instant savings in Golden State.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 38,035

Post#1611 » by emunney » Tue May 21, 2024 5:16 pm

I'm not even sure we can trade with GS straight up at this point. I think we're both second apron teams which means neither of us can take on more than 100% of outgoing value in a trade. Which means the salaries would have to match to the cent, or a third team would have to facilitate to allow us both to drop salary. Not sure when that restriction starts, think it might have been after the end of this past regular season.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1612 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 21, 2024 5:27 pm

emunney wrote:I'm not even sure we can trade with GS straight up at this point. I think we're both second apron teams which means neither of us can take on more than 100% of outgoing value in a trade. Which means the salaries would have to match to the cent, or a third team would have to facilitate to allow us both to drop salary. Not sure when that restriction starts, think it might have been after the end of this past regular season.

I had thought we had until the 29th or July 1st before we could no longer aggregate salaries cuz that's when the new league year officially starts. For GS, they basically just have to waive CP3's non-guaranteed salary at this point.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,891

Post#1613 » by Licensed to Il » Tue May 21, 2024 5:49 pm

Without getting in to “should we” or “what would Giannis think,” what are the two or three most realistic Middleton trade packages that would plausibly benefit both sides?
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,237

Post#1614 » by BUCKnation » Tue May 21, 2024 6:14 pm

ive seen some crazy votes in these all nba awards, but bobby getting a 2nd team vote is insane
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,417

Post#1615 » by jakecronus8 » Tue May 21, 2024 6:26 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:Without getting in to “should we” or “what would Giannis think,” what are the two or three most realistic Middleton trade packages that would plausibly benefit both sides?

I still like something based around Middleton to Memphis for Smart and Clarke. Risky for both sides to a point but I think its a perfect match.
Do it for Chuck
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,649

Post#1616 » by tski1972 » Tue May 21, 2024 6:32 pm

Replacing Portis with Stewart makes sense, they both like to punch other players.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
packer396
Sophomore
And1: 153

Post#1617 » by packer396 » Tue May 21, 2024 6:39 pm

BUCKnation wrote:ive seen some crazy votes in these all nba awards, but bobby getting a 2nd team vote is insane

This is actually crazy. Horst needs to find the equivalent GM this off-season
Read on Twitter
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 15,254

Post#1618 » by JayMKE » Tue May 21, 2024 6:51 pm

Dont want Wiggins anywhere near this team
FREE GIANNIS
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1619 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 21, 2024 6:51 pm

Making the award teams positionless might be the dumbest thing they've done yet. Silver is such a **** moron.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,571

Post#1620 » by Milbucks96 » Tue May 21, 2024 7:19 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:Without getting in to “should we” or “what would Giannis think,” what are the two or three most realistic Middleton trade packages that would plausibly benefit both sides?

I still like something based around Middleton to Memphis for Smart and Clarke. Risky for both sides to a point but I think its a perfect match.

Khris is the best player in the trade, Smart has played 2 more games than Khris in the last 3 seasons, Clarke is coming off a torn Achilles and his main attribute is athleticism. We need another scorer and picks coming back with a third team involved if we’re doing this type of trade.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks