ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,145

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1681 » by WRau1 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:02 pm

Looks like a good time waster and it's getting pretty good reviews everywhere. Thinking I'll pick it up for only $14.99

#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#1682 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:35 pm

Was thinking I'd pick-up the Wasteland 3 Colorado Edition on Steam to play next rainy day when I'm looking for my next game (have yet to play any of the DLC), but I might wait for an even deeper sale now. Demon's Souls got its claws in me, new Last Epoch league in 2 weeks looks absolutely massive, and think I'll try to circle back around to Tales of Arise to finish it before Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring hit (within a week of each other, **** me).
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1683 » by REDDzone » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:20 pm

crkone wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:I've been in the mood for a good RPG and Mike talking about Demon's Souls is making me, once again, think about playing Dark Souls. Does anyone have starter tips for the remastered version?
Getting the Black Knight sword in Undead Burg makes the game pretty easy. You have to get lucky with the drop tho.

Drake Sword makes the early game easy as well but tbh probably better to avoid it because it loses viability and you aren't gittin gud in the meantime.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1684 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:00 pm

REDDzone wrote:
crkone wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:I've been in the mood for a good RPG and Mike talking about Demon's Souls is making me, once again, think about playing Dark Souls. Does anyone have starter tips for the remastered version?
Getting the Black Knight sword in Undead Burg makes the game pretty easy. You have to get lucky with the drop tho.

Drake Sword makes the early game easy as well but tbh probably better to avoid it because it loses viability and you aren't gittin gud in the meantime.

I read something about going pyromancer and getting some set of gear early as a thing to do. Not sure if that means anything to anyone.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,356

Post#1685 » by crkone » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:43 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
crkone wrote:Getting the Black Knight sword in Undead Burg makes the game pretty easy. You have to get lucky with the drop tho.

I read something about going pyromancer and getting some set of gear early as a thing to do. Not sure if that means anything to anyone.

Get that pyro flame leveled up but team it up with a nice crowd control weapon. Picking a DEX weapon kinda helps since leveling DEX increases spell cast speed a bit. Picking the master key also helps with rushing to two of the pyro trainers.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,262

Post#1686 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:55 pm

I'm finally delving into the world of Outer......Worlds, so there's that (it was on sale). Was hankering for a new space RPG since I've bored myself with NMS and Mass Effect Remastered. I'm sure I'll have some notes, but I never really gauged the temperature on it, and kind of assumed the lack of post-release hype meant it was a tad disappointing. Fallout in Space?
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,097

Post#1687 » by Siefer » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:39 pm

Just picked up Riot's new RPG, The Ruined King on Switch. Good vibe, great art and presentation (kind of a mashup of Riot's house style and Hades), and a really intriguing turn-based combat system. I'm only about an hour in, but really digging it so far.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,408

Post#1688 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:09 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I'm finally delving into the world of Outer......Worlds, so there's that (it was on sale). Was hankering for a new space RPG since I've bored myself with NMS and Mass Effect Remastered. I'm sure I'll have some notes, but I never really gauged the temperature on it, and kind of assumed the lack of post-release hype meant it was a tad disappointing. Fallout in Space?

It was a polished Fallout for the most part, but I thought it was kind of a let down. Very weak story, and for as much is presented in the way of options, I basically stuck to the same gear/set up for the vast majority. It was also oddly short. I'm sure I didn't do everything but I completed the main story and a bunch of the bigger side quests in about 15 hours.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1689 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:18 am

Picked up Ender Lillies again when I remembered it existed, and was immediately reminded that it seemed a little more on the cheap side than difficult. You're given a lot of "spirit" attacks, but even when they're leveled up they all seem relatively useless. This is probably a git gud situation but I just really feel like I'm taking a ton of cheap shots and don't have the tools to advance.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1690 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:36 am

I think Fool's Idol (3-1) is supposed to be one of the easier bosses...? But I actually died more to her than any other so far. I couldn't figure out the right place to ensure I was able to avoid all of her soul arrows - I kept getting sniped from behind inevitibly, would almost die, try to escape, and hit one of the electric brands and get ****. But after 4 or 5 attempts I finally figured out a good strat and took her down.

I think that was my favorite stage so far. The prison was confusing, but such incredible atmosphere. And although there wasn't a straight-to-boss shortcut in this one, there were enough areas you circled-back to complete that it still wasn't like you needed to clean run the level over and over again to get back for another try. And now I have soul ray :D And an absolute ton of spices from the mind flayers.

Will try and take down 4-1 tomorrow, so I can get to that 4-2 farming spot DB mentioned.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1691 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:55 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Picked up Ender Lillies again when I remembered it existed, and was immediately reminded that it seemed a little more on the cheap side than difficult. You're given a lot of "spirit" attacks, but even when they're leveled up they all seem relatively useless. This is probably a git gud situation but I just really feel like I'm taking a ton of cheap shots and don't have the tools to advance.

Yea, I played this for about 30 minutes before I started a new Salt and Sanctuary save. Realized I'd never done a magic/mage build before. I wouldn't call it easy mode, but it's definitely easier. That said, it might be more interesting and goddamn it's late and I can't put the game down.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1692 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Dec 1, 2021 12:41 am

Breaking to watch basketball, so didn't have much time post-work to get through 4-1, but I did make good progress. And, honestly, just had a ton of fun figuring out the level, some hidden paths, feeling like I've figured a few things out, getting stronger. I feel like I'm starting to "get" the loop and appeal of these games.

Is there anyway in-game to know how to craft weapons/when you can switch from a +n weapon either to a specialty (moonstone, etc.) or unique with a demon soul? Or are you just supposed to look online now that players have painstakingly figured it all out/strategy guides?
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#1693 » by BroncoBuck » Wed Dec 1, 2021 2:37 am

Riders Republic is pretty fun. I’ve been to Zion, Moab and the Tetons so seeing a scaled down version is pretty damn cool. You need to invest the time to get better gear to compete in the big multiplayer races, but I don’t care about that as much. I just enjoy the vibes
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1694 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:27 pm

Scrap this plan, one of my buddies sent me Mass Effect Legendary Edition as an early birthday gift. That’ll hold me for quite a while.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#1695 » by machu46 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:36 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:Riders Republic is pretty fun. I’ve been to Zion, Moab and the Tetons so seeing a scaled down version is pretty damn cool. You need to invest the time to get better gear to compete in the big multiplayer races, but I don’t care about that as much. I just enjoy the vibes

Yeah, the drastic difference in gear online is my only real complaint. Only other thing is sometimes it drags a ghost time into your career race from someone with far better gear so you have no hope of winning.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1696 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 2, 2021 8:33 pm

This is the most insane gaming video I've ever watched. I love it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1697 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Dec 3, 2021 9:32 pm

New high-level itemization system coming in the next Last Epoch patch (next week), pairing with their reworked crafting and the introduction of a new dungeon. Some truly crazy possibilities - cannot wait.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/legendary-items-and-eternity-cache/45738
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1698 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Dec 3, 2021 11:13 pm

DS update:

I beat 4-1 and 1-2 with fairly little trouble. I think the most trouble I had was with 4-1 and the area behind the invisible walls; the skellies protecting that area were positioned in a way that made things pretty difficult to me. But the boss was a total pushover, and I was able to snipe 1-2's boss.

I moved onto 5-1 and I now want to throw my PS5 out the window.

ETA: Ok, got through it. The boss was easy again - I am guessing because I'm beginning to see how OP magic is as I level up and get more spells - but the path to get there was an absolute pain in the ass. But I never would have guessed I'd be 22 hours and 7 stages/bosses into a Souls game :)
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1699 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Dec 4, 2021 3:40 am

Sony must see the market shift in the cards - they're devising a competitor to Game Pass finally.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-03/playstation-plans-new-service-to-take-on-xbox-game-pass
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#1700 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 4:06 am

It's about time. I have PS Plus and the monthly games are usually awful. No actual ps5 games or upgraded versions of games.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Milwaukee Bucks