ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,082

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst 

Post#1801 » by Daver » Fri May 24, 2024 11:00 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Yes, every contending team's depth tends to rely on maximizing marginal assets because they tend to not have high draft picks and cap room. Shocking, I know. But lol at the idea that someone like Nikola Jokic's legacy relies on Peyton Watson developing into a playoff rotation player and not, you know, Jamal Murray having healthy hamstrings.

Lol nobodies arguing that. It did, however, rely on them acquiring Aaron Gordon, drafting Braun, trading for KCP, signing Reggie Jackson.

We can pretend those moves don't I matter, I guess. Who knows maybe we can swing an AG type trade. Maybe Pat Connaughton is our Barton/Monte morris. Doubt it though.

I think we're all discussing these moves with the hope that we're healthy. Where we differ is that when healthy you believe we're a contender as is. I don't.

How csn you say we arent contenders we won 49 games with our big 3 playing together only 13xs curb stomped the Cs 2xs and these n all 3 will admit it didnt develop the on court chemistry that all 3 said they will have this year.
Before trading any of the big 3 im waiting n watching to see what thry can do with a full TC.These guys if healthy can absolutely compete for a title jmo(just need some tinkering on the edges)
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,456

Post#1802 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 24, 2024 11:32 pm

fansinceforever wrote:We can pretend those moves don't I matter, I guess. Who knows maybe we can swing an AG type trade. Maybe Pat Connaughton is our Barton/Monte morris. Doubt it though.

Aaron Gordon got traded for a first and dude well into decline off a massive extension. Barton and Monte, if you don't think we could piece together that package I mean I guess we have completely different ideas of values of players. Monte Morris eventually got moved for a second rounder and Will Barton was cut.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,168

Post#1803 » by emunney » Fri May 24, 2024 11:33 pm

Yeah so let's keep that one pick

Read on Twitter

Dude looks like 18 year old Giannis at 12 years old.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,761

Post#1804 » by machu46 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:37 pm

emunney wrote:Yeah so let's keep that one pick

Read on Twitter

How likely do we think it is he’s actually 12? I already saw some posts on Twitter with a link to his stats profile listing him at 17 years old. Need to get our Thon investigators on the case.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,859

Post#1805 » by TroyD92 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:39 pm

sorry i need proof he's 12 before i believe that
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,252

Post#1806 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 24, 2024 11:41 pm

Yeah, the way he moves around seems way too coordinated for a 12-year-old lol.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,787

Post#1807 » by msiris » Fri May 24, 2024 11:48 pm

Daver wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Yes, every contending team's depth tends to rely on maximizing marginal assets because they tend to not have high draft picks and cap room. Shocking, I know. But lol at the idea that someone like Nikola Jokic's legacy relies on Peyton Watson developing into a playoff rotation player and not, you know, Jamal Murray having healthy hamstrings.

Lol nobodies arguing that. It did, however, rely on them acquiring Aaron Gordon, drafting Braun, trading for KCP, signing Reggie Jackson.

We can pretend those moves don't I matter, I guess. Who knows maybe we can swing an AG type trade. Maybe Pat Connaughton is our Barton/Monte morris. Doubt it though.

I think we're all discussing these moves with the hope that we're healthy. Where we differ is that when healthy you believe we're a contender as is. I don't.

How csn you say we arent contenders we won 49 games with our big 3 playing together only 13xs curb stomped the Cs 2xs and these n all 3 will admit it didnt develop the on court chemistry that all 3 said they will have this year.
Before trading any of the big 3 im waiting n watching to see what thry can do with a full TC.These guys if healthy can absolutely compete for a title jmo(just need some tinkering on the edges)
Three straight years of rhe same injury excuse as to why we failed in the playoffs just wears people down. You can just count on one of the big three missing time.
Ride the tank
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,964

Post#1808 » by fansinceforever » Fri May 24, 2024 11:51 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:We can pretend those moves don't I matter, I guess. Who knows maybe we can swing an AG type trade. Maybe Pat Connaughton is our Barton/Monte morris. Doubt it though.

Aaron Gordon got traded for a first and dude well into decline off a massive extension. Barton and Monte, if you don't think we could piece together that package I mean I guess we have completely different ideas of values of players. Monte Morris eventually got moved for a second rounder and Will Barton was cut.

Yeah, agreed. Hopefully those deals are out there. Seems like I remember Barton and Monte Morris being considered pretty solid players at the time and Aaron Gordon's value was on the decline.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,240

Post#1809 » by FrieAaron » Sat May 25, 2024 12:07 am

msiris wrote:Three straight years of rhe same injury excuse as to why we failed in the playoffs just wears people down. You can just count on one of the big three missing time.

It's exhausting, but doesn't make it any less true. Do we trade Giannis because he's missed two of the last three postseasons? I don't think anyone is untouchable, but trading Khris doesn't make us contenders either of the last two seasons without Giannis.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1810 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 25, 2024 12:22 am

I'm still like sitting here waiting for Khris talk outside of why we need to move him. So far I've seen Josh Giddey, Marcus Smart/Brandon Clarke and Donte/Hartenstein/3 firsts thrown out there, a handful of wildly different ideas. Still feels like after months of talk about why we should move on from him nobody really has any idea what moving him for entails. So much talk about getting younger and more atheltic, so does that mean we trade Khris for like untapped players on other teams? Draft picks? Do we piece him out for better fit, win now (not necessarily young) players? I feel like we've been arguing for months and yet somehow we still have no idea what the trade Middleton crew wants, other than Middleton gone.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,293

Post#1811 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 25, 2024 12:45 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1812 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 25, 2024 12:55 am

Something that popped into my head that I'm sure will piss a lot of people off (especially after Jrue/Boston).

Philly has a ton of cap space open and been coveting a star wing to with Embiid/Maxey. I've seen names like George/Butler thrown around with guys like LaVine as "backups".

They have pick #16, #41 and a bunch of future picks as well.

Would you feel fine trading Khris to another Eastern contender for a slew of picks? How many of those picks would it take? Would you then look to move those picks for immediate help or hold onto them? Let's say you could move Khris to Philly and then finesse around some of the picks and other guys for say Jerami Grant and Alex Caruso, would you do that despite it not really investing in getting "younger"? Just spitballing here.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,787

Post#1813 » by msiris » Sat May 25, 2024 1:08 am

After what Mids did in the playoffs I of all people has a hard time giving p Khris away for role players. Yuck.
Ride the tank
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#1814 » by Daver » Sat May 25, 2024 1:46 am

msiris wrote:After what Mids did in the playoffs I of all people has a hard time giving p Khris away for role players. Yuck.

Agree some of these trades its like wtf
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1815 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 25, 2024 2:26 am

msiris wrote:After what Mids did in the playoffs I of all people has a hard time giving p Khris away for role players. Yuck.

I'm just trying to see where the trade Middleton crew is. That Philly deal is just a litmus test of what they're thinking. You could stock up on picks, move them for their "better fit" guys, drop a ton of salary to get out of apron stuff, isn't that what they want? Is it more about getting a better pick than quantity, would they rather a young, unproven player who has room to grow? Again, I just have no idea what they want. Feel like I've asked a dozen times and still have nothing to show for it other than why they want to move him, sensible or not.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,913

Post#1816 » by JayMKE » Sat May 25, 2024 2:48 am

machu46 wrote:
emunney wrote:Yeah so let's keep that one pick

Read on Twitter

How likely do we think it is he’s actually 12? I already saw some posts on Twitter with a link to his stats profile listing him at 17 years old. Need to get our Thon investigators on the case.

Seems like they’ve changed his DOB multiple times, from Burkino Faso with no birth certificate who knows how old he is. Def not 12 lol
FREE GIANNIS
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#1817 » by Daver » Sat May 25, 2024 2:57 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

I'm just trying to see where the trade Middleton crew is. That Philly deal is just a litmus test of what they're thinking. You could stock up on picks, move them for their "better fit" guys, drop a ton of salary to get out of apron stuff, isn't that what they want? Is it more about getting a better pick than quantity, would they rather a young, unproven player who has room to grow? Again, I just have no idea what they want. Feel like I've asked a dozen times and still have nothing to show for it other than why they want to move him, sensible or not.

I just dont think that the bucks are going to trade any of their big 3.TBH all of this trade stuff just passes the time i guess cause no way midds get traded especially to make the team worse.
I do think lopez n patty C n portis whole different situation
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#1818 » by nagawicka » Sat May 25, 2024 2:58 am

fansinceforever wrote:
jimmybones wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I don't think this team is in need of major surgery to become a title contender. I think if Giannis is healthy, we're a serious threat to take down Boston and whomever comes out of the West this year.

With that in mind, I think we're closer to a title with Khris than we are without him. A healthy Khris was the main reason we pushed the Pacers to six games without Giannis and with Dame injured for half the series. A healthy Khris gives us an elite halfcourt operator that is theoretically a perfect fit with Dame and Giannis. Of course, I understand that a healthy Khris is far from a given. But watching him during the Pacers series should give anyone pause on moving him.

I'd rather see what we can do to add a quality wing and 3-D defender without moving Khris. I don't think you need to trade him to make that happen. Hell, if we bring back Bev, nail our draft pick and someone like AJax takes the next step, that might be all that we need.

I'm with you. After the emotion of the disappointment wore off I am using my logical brain and decided the best (realistic) path forward is to give this core group a shot to stay healthy and if that happens, I take my chances with our trio.

The biggest shakeup move I can make sense would be moving on from Brook, but I see it as more realistic that we find a more mobile back up or even platoon mate for him than move on and upgrade. I'd place a pretty high priority on a more mobile big with a bit of 4/5 versatility that can slot next to Giannis or Brook and lower Brook's workload while having a better athlete to pair with Giannis in the matchups where Brook can't keep up (most, I know, but I still see a productive use for him).

For those reasons and the fact that he's one of our few assets with value, I'd move on from Bobby. I'd rather have his skillset defensively than offensively. If healthy, the defensive version of him would be more valuable than his offense is to us. No easy task to find that dude but it's what I'd pursue.

We pretty much have to have at least one of AJ Green and AJJ take a step forward and ideally both of them. Our pick also has to be used on someone that has a chance to be in a top 10 rotation or used in a trade for someone who is ready to be that.

-Add a more athletic big that can defend and has versatility to slot next to Giannis and Brook
-Add a more versatile guard that can defend and space the floor respectably, ideally to start but at least a backup rotation quality guy
-Add a more athletic guy for the Jae Crowder
backup wing/forward role
-Develop the absolute heck out of AJ Green and AJJ

Please and thank you

I hate to keep beating a dead horse lol but guys, again, please explain how we get these players without trading our good players?

Unclear why this is not obvious to you. Simply trade all 24/25 draft pics and all 1st/2nd year vets (Green, Beauchamp, Dre, Livingston) for Paul Mokeski, PJ Tucker, and Ersan. I don't see why this is so hard. Just decorate the margins with vets on minimum contracts, sell off your youngsters for six magic beans, and give your big three their touches so they are able to get their points without too much trouble.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,881

Post#1819 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 25, 2024 2:11 pm

nagawicka wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:
jimmybones wrote:
I'm with you. After the emotion of the disappointment wore off I am using my logical brain and decided the best (realistic) path forward is to give this core group a shot to stay healthy and if that happens, I take my chances with our trio.

The biggest shakeup move I can make sense would be moving on from Brook, but I see it as more realistic that we find a more mobile back up or even platoon mate for him than move on and upgrade. I'd place a pretty high priority on a more mobile big with a bit of 4/5 versatility that can slot next to Giannis or Brook and lower Brook's workload while having a better athlete to pair with Giannis in the matchups where Brook can't keep up (most, I know, but I still see a productive use for him).

For those reasons and the fact that he's one of our few assets with value, I'd move on from Bobby. I'd rather have his skillset defensively than offensively. If healthy, the defensive version of him would be more valuable than his offense is to us. No easy task to find that dude but it's what I'd pursue.

We pretty much have to have at least one of AJ Green and AJJ take a step forward and ideally both of them. Our pick also has to be used on someone that has a chance to be in a top 10 rotation or used in a trade for someone who is ready to be that.

-Add a more athletic big that can defend and has versatility to slot next to Giannis and Brook
-Add a more versatile guard that can defend and space the floor respectably, ideally to start but at least a backup rotation quality guy
-Add a more athletic guy for the Jae Crowder
backup wing/forward role
-Develop the absolute heck out of AJ Green and AJJ

Please and thank you

I hate to keep beating a dead horse lol but guys, again, please explain how we get these players without trading our good players?

Unclear why this is not obvious to you. Simply trade all 24/25 draft pics and all 1st/2nd year vets (Green, Beauchamp, Dre, Livingston) for Paul Mokeski, PJ Tucker, and Ersan. I don't see why this is so hard. Just decorate the margins with vets on minimum contracts, sell off your youngsters for six magic beans, and give your big three their touches so they are able to get their points without too much trouble.

Bobby Portis is worth a 1st plus more, and we can trade #23. If we really love the target, and he's a young player, our 2031 1st comes into play.

That's plenty of trade ammo.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,245

Post#1820 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 25, 2024 2:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
deer god haev merci
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks