/  |                   |
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,781

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#1843 » by chonestown » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:39 pm

Daver wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:Great news to get Horst locked up long term

It is though im sure half this board is kicking their dogs right now cause of how many want him fired every time they lose more than 1 game in a row

if we dogs why we kicking our own dogs (us) just be happy for the real maleman john horts not to be confused with carl the elbow-throwing teenage mother making malone

what cna brown doo for you win at least one championed shift how bout that
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,838

Post#1844 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:42 pm

tydett wrote:If Nwora breaks out, think you guys might be forgetting a certain player on the Bucks roster whose $38 million salary (if jettisoned) next year could cover new contracts for all three of DDV, Allen and Nwora.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just pair Nwora with Middleton longterm? Khris can guard everyone Allen can guard, and do it better.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,631

Post#1845 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:14 pm

Awesome that Horst got extended. Well deserved. The current front office really knows what they are doing.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,982

Post#1846 » by tydett » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:50 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
tydett wrote:If Nwora breaks out, think you guys might be forgetting a certain player on the Bucks roster whose $38 million salary (if jettisoned) next year could cover new contracts for all three of DDV, Allen and Nwora.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just pair Nwora with Middleton longterm? Khris can guard everyone Allen can guard, and do it better.

100% agree, I don't think the Bucks should get rid of talent, especially if it helps win championships. I'm just putting myself in the place of owners who are currently projected to be facing $100-150 million tax bills in the next few years.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,425

Post#1847 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:28 pm

tydett wrote:
100% agree, I don't think the Bucks should get rid of talent, especially if it helps win championships. I'm just putting myself in the place of owners who are currently projected to be facing $100-150 million tax bills in the next few years.

Would absolutely prefer the owners to pay the tax, and re-sign all these guys. It's what the Lakers would do if in the same situation.

That said, the Middleton thing is a 3-D chess move that you have to think about IF certain things happen this season. These would include the team not winning the title, Middleton's game slipping back, Nwora, Grayson and DDV all stepping up, etc.

If one or more of those things don't happen, then a Mids trade next summer wouldn't make sense.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,312

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Horst gets contract extension 

Post#1848 » by DingleJerry » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:52 pm

The big issue is trying to be loyal and do right by a key long time player like Middleton. Bucks are going to be in a tricky spot at some point due to Giannis being so much younger than Jrue/Mid. They got them the title but how long do you just ride with them as they age/regress during the remainder of Giannis' prime.

At some point they're going to have to re-jigger around Giannis with younger star players. And the way to do it will likely involve having to trade Mid/Jrue in the next few years even though they just helped get the title. Very tricky road to navigate, particularly for Middleton as one of the best players in franchise history and possible jersey retired level type guy now. Plus it seems he and Giannis are legit good friends.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,717

Post#1849 » by LuessiT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:06 pm

The year Middleton expires KAT hits FA. A legit plan could be to keep Middleton for his entire contract and make a run at KAT. Obviously this is way down the road, but it's a semi realistic plan that doesn't mess with the roster now.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,249

Post#1850 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:13 pm

We can all fantasize about Nwora turning into Michael Redd but Middleton at this point has a lifetime pass. He's not going anywhere, anytime soon. It's nice having a DDV/Grayson/Pat/Nwora quartet of young(ish) wings for depth going forward, but you're skipping like, 3-4 steps ahead if we're already discussing "extensions" for any of these guys. Pat's the only dude who's proven to be a reliable postseason piece, and even then I'm still cringing at the thought of paying him much more than his current salary.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,995

Post#1851 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:21 pm

DingleJerry wrote:The big issue is trying to be loyal and do right by a key long time player like Middleton. Bucks are going to be in a tricky spot at some point due to Giannis being so much younger than Jrue/Mid. They got them the title but how long do you just ride with them as they age/regress during the remainder of Giannis' prime.

It's a way down the road problem imo. They'll ride this core for at least the next two seasons and specifically Khris I don't see going anywhere. I get there's really nothing exciting to discuss right now but Khris just turned 30 in August and by some of these posts you'd think he was 5 years older than that. I think there's a much better chance that he gets another huge contract from the Bucks than gets traded.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,425

Post#1852 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:21 pm

Have not looked at who will have cap space next summer. Hopefully it is one of those years when a lot of teams are jammed, and the crazy money doesn't get tossed out to 5-9th men type guys.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,717

Post#1853 » by LuessiT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We can all fantasize about Nwora turning into Michael Redd but Middleton at this point has a lifetime pass. He's not going anywhere, anytime soon. It's nice having a DDV/Grayson/Pat/Nwora quartet of young(ish) wings for depth going forward, but you're skipping like, 3-4 steps ahead if we're already discussing "extensions" for any of these guys. Pat's the only dude who's proven to be a reliable postseason piece, and even then I'm still cringing at the thought of paying him much more than his current salary.

I don't think Pat would hurt at 8-10m per. Certainly not an asset anymore unless he developes, but I'd be comfortable paying him that if necessary.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,312

Post#1854 » by DingleJerry » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:42 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:The big issue is trying to be loyal and do right by a key long time player like Middleton. Bucks are going to be in a tricky spot at some point due to Giannis being so much younger than Jrue/Mid. They got them the title but how long do you just ride with them as they age/regress during the remainder of Giannis' prime.

It's a way down the road problem imo. They'll ride this core for at least the next two seasons and specifically Khris I don't see going anywhere. I get there's really nothing exciting to discuss right now but Khris just turned 30 in August and by some of these posts you'd think he was 5 years older than that. I think there's a much better chance that he gets another huge contract from the Bucks than gets traded.

Yea I agree it's not urgent right now. Just saying, this is going to have to happen at some point and it's going to be very tricky to figure out. Alternative would be to just coast and not deal with it but then you likely don't get another title (after this next 1-2 year window).

However, some urgency is brought in due to KM contract being up after next year. So that's where this will start, do you keep loyal and give another max contract to him getting into his 35-36ish seasons? You want to treat him right after title but you also don't want to hamstring the end of Giannis super prime years. It'll be a really interesting thing to see how it plays out.

Can't really think of a similar situation other teams have dealt with. LBJ just left rather than figure this stuff out. Maybe Spurs? They kept the guys and thus weren't able to build around Kawhi and look at them now. But I also don't know what else they could've done since the other 3 were so old there wasn't really any good trade options.

ETA: Maybe Shaq/Kobe? But that kind of took care of itself with them not getting along
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,444

Post#1855 » by MrHoneycutt » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:27 pm

Prez wrote:
MrHoneycutt wrote:
Prez wrote:Zach Lowe called Novak a tremendous analyst in his most recent piece, love Zach’s work but come on man lol.

And here I thought Zach was one of the few national pundits who has actually watched a Bucks game.

It seemed to me like a flex attempt about how much basketball he watches by complimenting the local commentator, and he was just way off on it. Or he's a total psychopath and actually does like Novak's commentary lol.

I think you nailed it
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,652

Post#1856 » by raferfenix » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:37 pm

Remember all those clutch shots Khash hit in the playoffs?

I mean I like Donte but no way would I trust his health enough to make a move with Middleton to cash out the Big Ragu.

Nwora hasn’t proven anything in real games (much less the playoffs) and Allen hasn’t played for us yet either.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,232

Post#1857 » by FrieAaron » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:33 am

Good Lord, the service fees for ticketmaster are out of control. Since I missed the finals live, though it would be cool to go to the ring ceremony. Bought 3 tickets for 166 dollars each. Service fees were 100 dollars total.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,991

Post#1858 » by Badgerlander » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:13 am

I think Allen is going to have a really good, really efficient season for us and I love watching DDV on defense but I just can’t picture either of them starting for any other team in the league and neither is sixth man of the year material so I would think teams would be crazy to give them the MLE. I mean where are you ranking the two of them among all of the SGs in the entire league? Better yet among all guards in the league? I’d bet you could comfortably rank them around 80th+ among all guards in the league
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,991

Post#1859 » by Badgerlander » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:27 am

Read on Twitter

I’d give him a look
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,196

Post#1860 » by Matches Malone » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:58 am

Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’d give him a look

I was so high on him coming out of the draft and so so very wrong. Hope he can turn it around. Would also kick the tires for **** and giggles.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks