OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36,752

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#1941 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 5, 2020 3:59 am

Few years late but just getting into the Rewatchables Podcast and I love it. It's funny hearing people around your age talk about movies they saw as kids that they probably shouldn't have. There's still the much parodied Simmons/Ringer style but I don't mind it much. I am barely a movie watcher anymore but in the last week I've gone back and watched Top Gun, Field of Dreams, Fatal Attraction, Dave, and Die Hard after listening to their episodes. Had a blast watching every one.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,916

Post#1942 » by TroyD92 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 4:21 am

So Star Wars can’t help but shoot themselves in the foot. So glad this saga is over. Hopefully they decide to go back in time and cover some of the prime material of the mandolorian wars next. No more Skywalkers or Palpotine
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,238

Post#1943 » by BUCKnation » Thu Mar 5, 2020 10:01 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Few years late but just getting into the Rewatchables Podcast and I love it. It's funny hearing people around your age talk about movies they saw as kids that they probably shouldn't have. There's still the much parodied Simmons/Ringer style but I don't mind it much. I am barely a movie watcher anymore but in the last week I've gone back and watched Top Gun, Field of Dreams, Fatal Attraction, Dave, and Die Hard after listening to their episodes. Had a blast watching every one.

Been listening from the start and it's definitely one of my favorites. I've gone out of my way to watch some of the movies that come on the feed as I haven't seen many of the older ones.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,934

Post#1944 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Mar 5, 2020 11:51 am

Randomly youtubing, and bumped into the WNBA 3 point shoot contest from 2018.
Just jump to 18'20" for Quigley.
Maybe the purest form I've ever seen, men or women. This is NBA range BTW
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,146

Post#1945 » by WRau1 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 4:39 pm

Magicians calling it quits after this season, can't say I didn't see that coming with how far the show has strayed from the source material.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1946 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 6, 2020 3:06 am

BUCKnation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Few years late but just getting into the Rewatchables Podcast and I love it. It's funny hearing people around your age talk about movies they saw as kids that they probably shouldn't have. There's still the much parodied Simmons/Ringer style but I don't mind it much. I am barely a movie watcher anymore but in the last week I've gone back and watched Top Gun, Field of Dreams, Fatal Attraction, Dave, and Die Hard after listening to their episodes. Had a blast watching every one.

Been listening from the start and it's definitely one of my favorites. I've gone out of my way to watch some of the movies that come on the feed as I haven't seen many of the older ones.

Tonight I finally hit on an episode that got me legit upset. Major League. For one, Dion Waters is obviously Harris. I get Ueck but he's too easy. He's just playing himself. Everything Harris says is perfection.

Then they don't even include the best line of the entire movie!

"You tryin' to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?"

Kills me every time.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1947 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 6, 2020 4:55 pm

New season of Castlevania is so good. And funny.

"I heard you were drinking with Belmont and Belnades yesterday."
"I'm extremely famous and they wanted to meet someone who's seen toilet paper"
"The F*CK is TOILET PAPER?"
"It's Chinese."
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1948 » by leroyjw10 » Fri Mar 6, 2020 5:21 pm

Agreed. Most of their selections are great. I can't not go back and rewatch after listening to the pod.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 5,062

Post#1949 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Mar 6, 2020 5:32 pm

Love the Rewatchables and would recommend, before listening to an episode, watch the movie first. Having some of those small details they go into fresh in your mind usually makes it more interesting imo.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1950 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 6, 2020 8:32 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:New season of Castlevania is so good. And funny.

"I heard you were drinking with Belmont and Belnades yesterday."
"I'm extremely famous and they wanted to meet someone who's seen toilet paper"
"The F*CK is TOILET PAPER?"
"It's Chinese."

Finished it and I can't stop thinking about it. Probably the best season of TV I've seen in years. Final two episodes are masterpieces. Waiting for season four is gonna be painful.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,730

Post#1951 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 12:15 am

Anybody watch Hunters (Amazon) yet? Thinking of starting it tonight.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,486

Post#1952 » by Mags FTW » Sun Mar 8, 2020 1:47 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Randomly youtubing, and bumped into the WNBA 3 point shoot contest from 2018.

You sure? The gap between the top of the key and the line looked small.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,486

Post#1953 » by Mags FTW » Sun Mar 8, 2020 2:00 am

BUCKnation wrote:

I was really into it when it started, but they lost me a bit during Ocean's 11 when Juliet and Amanda kept talking about how hot the actors were. This wasn't too long after I think Juliet did the same thing for the guys in Inception.

Took some time off, but they pulled me back in a bit with The Shining. Now I mainly listen to it when I can't sleep at night.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,934

Post#1954 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Mar 8, 2020 11:25 am

Mags FTW wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Randomly youtubing, and bumped into the WNBA 3 point shoot contest from 2018.

You sure? The gap between the top of the key and the line looked small.

Sorry yeah, I misunderstood. It's 6.75 m (22 ft 1.75 in), same as NCAA and FIBA.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 47,128

Post#1955 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Mar 8, 2020 1:03 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Anybody watch Hunters (Amazon) yet? Thinking of starting it tonight.

Not yet but it's on my list. I like Pacino
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1956 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Mar 9, 2020 1:57 am

The Outsider Finale:

Spoiler:
So I saw the scratch on Holly's arm post-credits but how did she get scratched by El Cuco? She wasn't even near him in the cave? He got shot and then Ralph smashed his head in.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1957 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:16 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:The Outsider Finale:

Spoiler:
So I saw the scratch on Holly's arm post-credits but how did she get scratched by El Cuco? She wasn't even near him in the cave? He got shot and then Ralph smashed his head in.

Read on Twitter
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1958 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:20 am

ReasonablySober wrote:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Like what could possible be the explanation for how she got the scratch? Before the finale, told my brother that he should probably watch it, it's been a decent series. Now, just told him I probably wouldn't spend 10 hours watching it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1959 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:23 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Like what could possible be the explanation for how she got the scratch? Before the finale, told my brother that he should probably watch it, it's been a decent series. Now, just told him I probably wouldn't spend 10 hours watching it.

Spoiler:
There's no logical explanation. The only reason it's in there is for a second season.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1960 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:33 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
There's no logical explanation. The only reason it's in there is for a second season.

Spoiler:
Just went on Reddit and people are saying she maybe got scratched when she plunged the knife into El Cuco in the cave...LOL. Then there's the part where she says, "Who's Terry?" This chick knows movie lines from movies she's never seen, what is the "Who's Terry?" all about? Pretty lame.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks