Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 10,344

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1941 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:29 pm

stellation wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:
stellation wrote:I feel like this comment is the ultimate proof you snared a PS5.

A little frustrated at the moment. I have the game but no PS5 to play it on. Looks like it's going to be pretty impossible to get one for awhile unless you are a psychopath and have time to stalk all the online retailer sites for the 3 seconds they are available before selling out again.

I briefly thought of picking it up for PS4, then wondered about the Switch version- mentioned it to my son thinking it might be a good Christmas gift, got a blunt "unless you've lined up a PS5 I wouldn't bother" (so clearly the whole world knows about it!).

The stupid thing is you can't even get a true PS5 version of the game yet. The only options right now are you can get the physical copy that says PS4 on the box that doesn't actually run correctly on the PS4 and play that on the PS5 or download the digital copy of the same PS4 version on the PS5. Either way you need either a high end gaming PC or a brand new console that is impossible to get right now to play the game effectively. Not well handled by the developer at all.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36,727

Post#1942 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:14 am

Read on Twitter

Amazing. I can't believe how bad CDPR botched this.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,730

Post#1943 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:36 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Amazing. I can't believe how bad CDPR botched this.

I mean, I get it but I expected it to be absolute dog ****/unplayable on a base PS4/Xbox One. I guess they shouldn't have even allowed people to purchase it for base PS4/Xbox One.
#FreeChuckDiesel
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1944 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:42 am

I actually got a refund for No Mans Sky when it was first released because the developer essentially lied about what features were included in the game.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 10,089

Post#1945 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:19 am

It was supposed to be released almost a year before the next gen consoles were even out. Clearly somewhere along the way they said **** it, let's make it work on next gen since that's the future, and essentially abandoned current gen development. It's really pathetic that they showed no last gen console footage in the leadup to launch. I didn't even realize it until all of the reviewers started pointing it out.

CDPR done **** up, big time.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1946 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:45 am

If and when you guys play it, if you're not romancing Judy Alvarez I don't want to know you.
:love:
:love:
She's just the best.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1947 » by glenn » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:56 am

If you have a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X I’d say go ahead if you are interested. I’m playing on Xbox One X and it plays fine. Kind of buggy with occasional crashes, but fine. I’ve turned off the film grain, depth of field, and motion blur options and the game looks much better.
:reporter:
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1948 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:44 am

I'm reading that since I have a PS5 Digital, I won't be able to buy Cyberpunk from the store anymore. Damn that sucks.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1949 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:47 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:I'm reading that since I have a PS5 Digital, I won't be able to buy Cyberpunk from the store anymore. Damn that sucks.

Hadn't thought of that til now. Yikes, that's gonna piss a lot of people off.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,072

Post#1950 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:05 am

So i have returned back to Destiny 2 after a year only to find it totally remove content and make old sets useless.....

The heck happen man...
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1951 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:54 pm

This doesn't affect me too much really since I have zero plans for playing Cyberpunk at this point (I will eventually, just no plan for when), but holy **** am I so glad that I got a disc drive PS5. The first order I secured was a digital bundle, and I hesitantly cancelled it after getting a disc version ordered. Orders were getting cancelled frequently at that point, so I was nervous about it, but I thought 'hey, I feel like I still want discs this gen.'

All apologies to those with the digital versions :o
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1952 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:07 pm

If I really wanted to play Cyberpunk, I have a PC with an i7-8700k and RTX 2080, so I should be fine, right?
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1953 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:27 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:If I really wanted to play Cyberpunk, I have a PC with an i7-8700k and RTX 2080, so I should be fine, right?

That's more than enough to reasonably run the game, from what I've heard.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,104

Post#1954 » by Siefer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:53 pm

CDPR did major damage to their relationship with Sony, so it's stunning, but understandable that Sony dropped the hammer like this. CDPR got a special waiver from Sony to list the game even though the game was failing quality control checks - all conditional on a promise to fix the major issues by release. CDPR completely failed to hold up their end of the deal, then brazenly tried to leverage Sony's stake in the situation and announced refunds unilaterally, effectively putting all of the customer service at Sony's feet. CDPR is trying to do damage control now, releasing a statement saying "a decision was made" as though the delisting was a mutually agreed upon action. Sony nuked them.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1955 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:17 pm

This really is an unprecedented disaster, given the size and reputation of the studio involved.

One employee asked the board why it had said in January that the game was “complete and playable” when that wasn’t true, to which the board answered that it would take responsibility. Another developer asked whether CD Projekt’s directors felt it was hypocritical to make a game about corporate exploitation while expecting that their employees work overtime. The response was vague and noncommital.

Many industry observers have wondered why Cyberpunk 2077, which was first announced in 2012 and was delayed three times in 2020, still appears to be unfinished. Several current and former staff who worked on Cyberpunk 2077 have all said the same thing: The game’s deadlines, set by the board of directors, were always unrealistic. It was clear to many of the developers that they needed more time.

**** going for the throat.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-18/cyberpunk-game-maker-faces-hostile-staff-after-failed-launch

Also:

CD Projekt stock tumbled as much as 22% to a nine-month low on Friday.
The "Cyberpunk 2077" developer shed up to $1.8 billion in market capitalization after Sony said it would pull the buggy game from its PlayStation store and provide refunds to players.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/cyberpunk-2077-cd-projekt-stock-price-sony-pulls-game-refunds-2020-12-1029905614
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,998

Post#1956 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:19 pm

Yeah, it's incredible how badly they botched the release here. Think we all knew it was gonna be one of those games that was gonna need multiple patches to iron out all the bugs (I've played Bethesda games for years so I'm usually patient with this stuff), but it's pretty clear that it just wasn't ready as a consumer product and it's pure negligence that they didn't push the release date back. Not a good look for the gaming industry at all.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,636

Post#1957 » by humanrefutation » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Good for Sony for pulling it from their store and issuing refunds, but they shouldn't have allowed it to be released to their platform to begin with without verifying that it was ready.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1958 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:16 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Good for Sony for pulling it from their store and issuing refunds, but they shouldn't have allowed it to be released to their platform to begin with without verifying that it was ready.

Agreed. It sounds like CDPR had handshake deals with Sony and MS that the issues would be ironed-out with a day one patch, which obviously didn't happen. If I had to guess, Sony and MS agreed since it was going to be such a big seller, which obviously is not what they should be agreeing upon.

And after CDPR said 'hey will give refrunds, go back to POS for help', Sony got overwhelmed with requests and now are saying '**** you, CDPR' right back (I think someone already pointed this out).

Hopefully a lesson learned for Sony and MS.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1959 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Read on Twitter

In the upset of the year I think I now really wanna see this.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 6,096

Post#1960 » by jschligs » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:32 am

The new build is finally done. It was the motherboard after all. Ended up going with a little bit better one as the replacement of the old wouldn't have been here till February. Still want to do some cable management and lower the hoses a bit, but damn she's a beauty.

Just bought CB2077 too, can't wait to test it on the 3080.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks