ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,838

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#1961 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:17 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:What's an advanced stat that I can look at to measure rather or not Donte is a good NBA starter? I know you guys love him and he's been fine, but I don't think he's the guy.

What's great about Donte is that even though different advanced stats measure different things, they all love Donte, so you should too.

What the Bucks need is a competent backup guard. DJA hasn't been one here, and Forbes has never been one.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,312

Post#1962 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:20 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
crkone wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:What's an advanced stat that I can look at to measure rather or not Donte is a good NBA starter? I know you guys love him and he's been fine, but I don't think he's the guy.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&StarterBench=Starters&CF=GP*GE*10

Net rating for starters who've played in 10 or more games.

I think I'm reading that right but it's telling me he's a better starter than a lot of guys I'd rather have, including a couple of our own.

I actually think Donte has a place on the Bucks, but we need to upgrade a starting guard spot in my opinion. Jrue can move to PG/SG accordingly.

I get what you mean in that I like him and everything brings. But he's probably best as kind of a jack of all trades backup where he can cover for anyone and not kill you, essentially be an ultimate glue guy. I really have nothing bad to say about him. But ideally might want a more traditional actual shooting guard type who is more of a bucket getter so you have another offensive option. But you'd still love Donte as a backup playing 25 mins a game. Long story, this was probably about what they were thinking in the attempted upgrade to Bogdon.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,838

Post#1963 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:24 pm

raferfenix wrote:So let's say the Bucks are offering Augustin + DJ Wilson around the league.

Am thinking about what salaries teams might be trying to jettison that the Bucks would be willing to take on in lieu of other incentive.

The Bucks only have the 2025 Indiana 2nd round pick available to deal which doesn't have so much value even if we would include it.

For instance, I don't know if Houston would trade PJ Tucker (and another player for salary matching) to us for those two since it means they'd be on the hook for Augustin's $7 million next year.

The Bucks can also trade their 2023, 2024, and 2027 2nd round picks.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,312

Post#1964 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:28 pm

They have to coach up and scheme how to use Augustin better. He's not going to just all of a sudden suck. It's a new team and our scheme is anti-ball screen which is his strength. Give it time to acclimate and work it out. Bud's shown signs of flex this year so hopefully they figure it out with him. If you signed him and then discard him because he doesn't fit into stand in one spot and watch Giannis offense, well they you never should've signed him. You got him because he has that skill they've lacked, they now have to figure out how to use it.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,729

Post#1965 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:40 pm

I like what this latest Zach Lowe podcast is saying about Giannis.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,652

Post#1966 » by raferfenix » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:49 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:The Bucks can also trade their 2023, 2024, and 2027 2nd round picks.

Whoops I misread RealGM future drafts, appreciate you flagging.

So we have three 2nd rounders of our own + the 2025 Indiana pick.

That's technically enough to meet the Rockets' current demand for PJ Tucker if the Bucks were so inclined (which I'm not sure we are)...but even then idk if that's enough to motivate the Rockets to take on Augustin's last year.

And how about P.J. Tucker? Numerous teams have already inquired about the stout versatile defender, and league sources say Houston is currently demanding three second-round draft picks for the upcoming unrestricted free agent.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/18/22236679/nba-power-rankings-james-harden-trade
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,213

Post#1967 » by midranger » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:34 pm

Alex Len just got cut. Yes please.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,982

Post#1968 » by jschligs » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:36 pm

midranger wrote:Alex Len just got cut. Yes please.

Honestly I would try and scoop him. I remember when we played ATL last year he basically won them the game.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,824

Post#1969 » by SirChurros » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:45 pm

I would be intrigued to see what our staff could do with his shot. He has shown a bit of promise from three these past few seasons. Wonder if he could be consistent with more volume. He certainly is a little more mobile than Brook.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,427

Post#1970 » by rilamann » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:48 pm

Len would be a great fit on the Bucks, go get him.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Post#1971 » by Wonka » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:51 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I like what this latest Zach Lowe podcast is saying about Giannis.

Would you mind giving us the gist of it?
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,784

Post#1972 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:04 pm

So if we gonna have a couple of non-scoring midgets off the bench in Forbes and Augustin, why can't we at least make an offer to Mike James or Shane Larkin who are also midgets but at least can score?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,354

Post#1973 » by crkone » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:17 pm

Hard capped. Can't afford anyone.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
slos
Starter
And1: 1,198

Post#1974 » by slos » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:50 pm

Just do what it takes to bring Dipo without touching DDV. Sure there are some red flags about him, we all know them, but still he will probably be the best player available in the deadline and his price as an expiring in a bad team will be at all time low. His D is still above average and he can be another scoring option we definitely need.

Brook, Augustine, Wilson, 2021/2023 FRPs for Dipo and our 2022 FRP back works just fine. Horst needs to find the team(s) that will like/need Brook and the DJs to send some additional value to Houston. Maybe add 1-2 SRPs of our own. The trade proposed will also put us under the tax line (131,553 mil) which will help Horst avoid the tax with some small moves and buyout signings. This is also crucial with Giannis' supermax and hopefully Jrue's (and Dipo's) extension(s) also kicking in.

Jrue/Dipo/Midds/Giannis/Portis is a far more lethal closing lineup than the one we currently have. Donte can be even better as 6th having more burn with the 2nd unit. Pat and Forbes are OK, Bucks should be able to get 1-2 vets from the buyout market for some limited playoff minutes. Depth should not be a huge problem in the playoffs since Bud has already embraced playing his starters more when it matters.

Jrue (38)/DDV (10)
Dipo (30)/DDV (18)
Midds (38)/Forbes (10)
Giannis (38)/Pat (10)
Portis (30)/Vet (18)

All you need is a decent big to bring some quality minutes. I'm pretty sure there will be at least one available at some point.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,213

Post#1975 » by midranger » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:15 am

Is there a trade centered around Brook/DDV for miles Turner/Justin Holiday out there?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,121

Post#1976 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:37 am

Thoughts on getting Rubio? Is he cooked? I know some people wanted him in the off season.

Brook, DJA for Rubio and a C?
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks