Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,342

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#1961 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 3, 2022 2:30 pm

buckboy wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:A week into getting back into Better Call Saul. So season four was laughably bad.

I mean, if you actually think this, just stop watching, it's not going to get any better.

Season 4 was fantastic in my opinion. Like, really, really good.

Nothing happened!

Spoiler:
They started work on the lab, Lalo was introduced, and Jimmy became Saul. I laughed when the German guy died, because of course he had to die (he was nice!), and again when Kim stands there with a dumb look on her face when (shocker) Jimmy describes how full of **** he was during his big speech.

"All's good, man!"

LOL WTF.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#1962 » by jimmybones » Wed Aug 3, 2022 2:59 pm

Is BCS better than Breaking Bad? Asking as someone who loved BB and haven’t watched BCS (yet). I typically don’t like the concept of a prequel but see all the love for BCS here and loved BB so I’ll dive in at some point.

Also, don’t care how GoT ended, I’m excited for House of the Dragon. I started dating a girl who has never seen GoT so we started it together and it’s reminding me how amazing the first few seasons were.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#1963 » by buckboy » Wed Aug 3, 2022 3:34 pm

jimmybones wrote:Is BCS better than Breaking Bad? Asking as someone who loved BB and haven’t watched BCS (yet). I typically don’t like the concept of a prequel but see all the love for BCS here and loved BB so I’ll dive in at some point.

Also, don’t care how GoT ended, I’m excited for House of the Dragon. I started dating a girl who has never seen GoT so we started it together and it’s reminding me how amazing the first few seasons were.

I think it's way better personally. I'm not sure if that'll be a minority opinion. I frankly thought BB was completely stupid by the end (in terms of realism, yeah it's a TV show, I get it). BCS fleshes out a lot of how that stuff happened though which I have found very interesting.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,022

Post#1964 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Aug 3, 2022 3:50 pm

buckboy wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Is BCS better than Breaking Bad? Asking as someone who loved BB and haven’t watched BCS (yet). I typically don’t like the concept of a prequel but see all the love for BCS here and loved BB so I’ll dive in at some point.

I think it's way better personally. I'm not sure if that'll be a minority opinion. I frankly thought BB was completely stupid by the end (in terms of realism, yeah it's a TV show, I get it). BCS fleshes out a lot of how that stuff happened though which I have found very interesting.

They aren't that similar in my opinion. There are episodes of BCS that feel like a breaking bad show, but overall the pacing and character development are much slower in BCS.

Both great shows, but don't start watching BCS thinking it's going to be just like Breaking Bad.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,033

Post#1965 » by Prez » Wed Aug 3, 2022 4:55 pm

buckboy wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:A week into getting back into Better Call Saul. So season four was laughably bad.

I mean, if you actually think this, just stop watching, it's not going to get any better.

Yeah totally agree that season 4 was terrific (as all BCS seasons), but might disagree with the point about stopping if you weren’t into season 4. For anyone who is looking for something closer to the intensity and quicker pace of BB, IMO I do think seasons 5 and 6 get closer to that than 4. Maybe the overall quality is the same but stylistically I think BB fans looking for something closer to BB will enjoy 5 and 6 more?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1966 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Aug 3, 2022 5:13 pm

Prez wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Yeah totally agree that season 4 was terrific (as all BCS seasons), but might disagree with the point about stopping if you weren’t into season 4. For anyone who is looking for something closer to the intensity and quicker pace of BB, IMO I do think seasons 5 and 6 get closer to that than 4. Maybe the overall quality is the same but stylistically I think BB fans looking for something closer to BB will enjoy 5 and 6 more?

I am actually remembering myself almost quitting during S4. I thought the finish reinvigorated me a bit, and I've liked S5 and S6 obviously.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#1967 » by buckboy » Wed Aug 3, 2022 5:18 pm

Prez wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Good call. If Rs is looking more for BB pacing (and I guess now that I read what he wrote, he is), 5 & 6 pick up.

Which also explains why I really disliked parts of s6.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,342

Post#1968 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 3, 2022 6:15 pm

Sounds like Prey is actually awesome.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks