ImageImage

Official #2 Pick Thread - DRAFT WEEK - Ford: Wiggins at #2

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,721

Re: Official #2 Pick Thread - DRAFT WEEK - Ford: Wiggins at 

Post#21 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:20 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:We'll sticky this one for today. We might reel off 40-50 pages.

I'm liking him showing Wiggins at #2 for us.

ETA: Cinematographer and I were working on a project last night. Will discuss details later. 8-)

Cool. Cinema should be involved in more things around these parts.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#22 » by Nowak008 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:21 pm

John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,281

Post#23 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:23 pm

I've thought Cavs take Jabari since the Embiid injury. Still feel that way.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#24 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:27 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bu ... 46161.html

"I think it's hard to take Embiid," Lasry said at a Newsmakers luncheon sponsored by the Milwaukee Press Club and Rotary Club. "He's a phenomenal individual. But with the injury, and how severe and how long it will take him to recover, I think for us today we're going to want someone who is going to help us on Day 1.

"A lot of it is going to depend on what Cleveland does. The other part of it is who contacts us and different things we hear from the draft pick."

Cleveland has the top overall pick and the Bucks have the No. 2 pick in addition to three second-round picks in the NBA draft Thursday night.

Lasry said co-owner Wesley Edens flew to Milwaukee to attend the Bucks' workout of Andrew Wiggins on Friday.

Wiggins, a freshman guard-forward from Kansas, and Jabari Parker, a freshman forward from Duke, are considered the leading candidates to be selected No. 1 overall.

Parker worked out for the Bucks last Tuesday and for Cleveland on Friday.

"We're massively excited," Lasry said of the team's draft hopes. "When you sort of look at it, I think both players would be a phenomenal addition to our team.

"If it's Parker, I think it would be great. If it's Wiggins, it would be great. You're not going to be disappointed either way.

"I think both players bring you different things. For us, I think it's great. If we get Wiggins or Parker, I think for the team you'll start seeing changes pretty quickly, because they are really great players."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,198

Post#25 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:27 pm

A year or two or three down the road one of these guys might be a star while the other is a bust but for now I'm thrilled to be getting either one.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,409

Post#26 » by M-C-G » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:28 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I've thought Cavs take Jabari since the Embiid injury. Still feel that way.

Not that you draft on need, but the one reason I feel like Cleveland will take Wiggins is that weird ass roster...Jabari is like triplicating tweeners of their last high draft picks.

TT 6'9 238
AB 6'8 259
JP 6'9 254

If they are torn, you would think that means they have them closely rated, which would get into some kind of tie breaker around which is a better fit, and for that roster, that is clearly Wiggins.

Secretly they are probably just trying to figure out who Lebron wants to play with and they will go with that.

Anyway, that roster needs an overhaul regardless of what they do.
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#27 » by noobcake » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:28 pm

Bucks needs to chill out since there is no decision to make.

Take whoever Cavs leave behind. Don't try to be cute and draft Exum or Smart.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#28 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Interesting that they flew in for the Wiggins workout but not when Parker was here last week.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#29 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:31 pm

I think they should take Wiggins as well, just don't think they will. Irving/Waiters/Parker/Thompson/Hawes if that is what they go with is the worst defensive starting five in the NBA, easily.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,835

Post#30 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:33 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I think they should take Wiggins as well, just don't think they will. Irving/Waiters/Parker/Thompson/Hawes if that is what they go with is the worst defensive starting five in the NBA, easily.

Griffin isn't going to bring all of them back though as he's spoken about how the team has a lot of pieces that don't really fit. Factor in the Waiters/Irving drama, I doubt Waiters is back.
Go Bucks!
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,228

Post#31 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:33 pm

LUKE23 wrote:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bucks-co-owner-says-draft-decision-likely-between-parker-wiggins-b99297015z1-264246161.html

"I think it's hard to take Embiid," Lasry said at a Newsmakers luncheon sponsored by the Milwaukee Press Club and Rotary Club. "He's a phenomenal individual. But with the injury, and how severe and how long it will take him to recover, I think for us today we're going to want someone who is going to help us on Day 1.

"A lot of it is going to depend on what Cleveland does. The other part of it is who contacts us and different things we hear from the draft pick."

Cleveland has the top overall pick and the Bucks have the No. 2 pick in addition to three second-round picks in the NBA draft Thursday night.

Lasry said co-owner Wesley Edens flew to Milwaukee to attend the Bucks' workout of Andrew Wiggins on Friday.

Wiggins, a freshman guard-forward from Kansas, and Jabari Parker, a freshman forward from Duke, are considered the leading candidates to be selected No. 1 overall.

Parker worked out for the Bucks last Tuesday and for Cleveland on Friday.

"We're massively excited," Lasry said of the team's draft hopes. "When you sort of look at it, I think both players would be a phenomenal addition to our team.

"If it's Parker, I think it would be great. If it's Wiggins, it would be great. You're not going to be disappointed either way.

"I think both players bring you different things. For us, I think it's great. If we get Wiggins or Parker, I think for the team you'll start seeing changes pretty quickly, because they are really great players."

I was going to share this part of his quotes in particular because to me this signals that they are open to dealing 2, perhaps with Philly if they want Wiggins that badly. That could mean that they would consider Embiid at 3 or "get cute" and take Exum, that prospect is exciting for me.

But the strong signal he pedals is that they're happy with either of the current consensus 2. His language seems to confirm that he's a Parker guy (maybe the opposite is true though, as in he thinks Parker would work out and in fact with Wiggins, the impression is that it will work out).
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#32 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:36 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Interesting that they flew in for the Wiggins workout but not when Parker was here last week.

Lasry was there for both workouts. Edens flew out on Friday for Wiggins but maybe he's been in/out of the city prior to that. Parker's work out was 4 days before that. It's plausible that he made an appearance at that workout as well.

But I read into the wording about Parker and Wiggins, that Lasry favors Parker and it's possibly the other way with Edens.

MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#33 » by MadBlueEdwards » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:36 pm

It's a full 2 round mock...

#2 - Wiggins
#31 - Glenn Robinson
#36 - Klimenko
#48 - Jordan McRae

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mock/?season=2014&version=10&source=chad-ford-mock-draft&preview=true
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#34 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:38 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Interesting that they flew in for the Wiggins workout but not when Parker was here last week.

I think Edens is more of a Wiggins guy, while Lasry is more of a Parker guy. So I'm not that surprised about Edens flying in for Wiggins and not Parker.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#35 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Cool, I didn't know that either was at the Parker workout last week. I imagine they are asking the opinion of those they are interviewing for the Prez job on these two guys, and others.
[MIKE C]
Senior
And1: 187

Post#36 » by [MIKE C] » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:45 pm

"So why is Parker ahead of Wiggins?

From what I can gather, while there are disagreements in the front office, Cavs GM David Griffin feels that Parker fits a more immediate need at the 3. Parker also is the most NBA-ready."

This is the reasoning I keep thinking of and why I think (hope) the Cavs will take Parker.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,376

Post#37 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:46 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/481100721899966464[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/481101068936675328[/tweet]
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#38 » by Bfinkish » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:50 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/481100721899966464[/tweet]

Wow. That's tough news.
God is good.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,376

Post#39 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:50 pm

I'd be so much more excited with Exum than Parker.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#40 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:50 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/481100721899966464[/tweet]

Not a PG... With a very high basketball IQ, yeah right. :lol: Don't sleep on Dante.

I hope like hell that somehow we wind up with him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks