ImageImage

Early Draft Board

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#21 » by skones » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:56 am

cam2win wrote:I don't like to do these things, since I haven't seen anyone in the draft outside of America.

I will say though, the top 10 players won't all be from this country, any draft projections have to include at least the Italian kid from what I've read.

Beasley and Rose are studs in my opinion and the two best players NBA prospects I've seen so far.

Batum will be the first international player taken.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,283

Post#22 » by LUKE23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:00 am

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Is he a SF? Or could he play SF on the Bucks?

He probably could, but it wouldn't be ideal. Let me put it this way, Yi is much more of a SF than Beasley.

I don't think there's any chance we're picking top 3 anyway, so we'll never have to make that choice.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,389

Post#23 » by UGA Hayes » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:45 pm

Kansa St. has been on Nat Tv a couple of times and you really do see the attitude thing. I'm in my mid 20's and a bball junkie and he has the worst on-court attitude I have ever seen. Yelling at teammates, not passing, not getting back, ignoring the coach, barking at the refs. If there is a no-no he does it. He is in the J.R smith area of his head is so big its hard to imagine he will ever get under control no matter how people try to get to him. ITs a shame too b/c he has great talent.
ahagen87
Junior
And1: 4

Post#24 » by ahagen87 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:05 pm

Rose obviously would be the first pick if we could get him but if not i would say address the SF with Donte Greene, Nicolas Batum, Chase Budinger and then address the PG position w. DJ Augustin who to me could be a super star because he gets his teammates involved but like all got player takes over when needed his play reminds me of a dwade lebron type player but does not shoot the ball quite as much seems want to get his teammates involved and spread the ball till he is needed....this is all obviously if we get rid of Mo and Redd and start completely rebuilding
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,877

Post#25 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:34 pm

I absolutely hate Beasley for our team, and I've been over it multiple times. People are trying to write off his bad attitude like it will be gone when he gets in the NBA. How often has that happened in the past? It's a habitual thing. Beasley thinks he's bigger than the game, he's notorious for not working well with coaches (let's see how that one goes in Milwaukee, eh folks? I'm sure he'll respect our brand of Porter, Stotts, LK), his defense is absolutely atrocious, and guarantee he turns into a Randolpesque black-hole on offense in the NBA. That kid is on my black list. Someone will take him high (possibly 1), I do not deny that, but I sure as hell hope it's not the Bucks. To me, it's clear he's the type of player that'll put up good stats most likely, but really not help a team win much of anything.

Someone mentioned something about not hearing he has a bad work ethic ever. I think he works on what he wants to work on. Coaches say he goes all-out working on his offensive moves in practice, but he clearly puts in no effort on defense. It's quite clear when you watch him play that not only does he not play defense, he doesn't know how to play defense. He obviously spends no time on it, and it doesn't help his basketball IQ appears to be about 0.

Derrick Rose is #1 on my list and it isn't even close. A far distant second, I don't even know. DeAndre Jordan would be alright, Donte Green too. I like what I hear on Nicolas Batum but I've never seen him play. I've always like Collison since I first saw him play. Long, quick, great defender and a good passer.

I'd trade the farm and cattle for Rose.
ahagen87
Junior

Post#26 » by ahagen87 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:44 pm

ive been thinking to be honest i dont know when we should pull a trade before the deadline or play out the season and do a trade around the draft...the only down falls i see is that if we wait till the draft our pick will possibly be lower that we would like but at the same time if we trade before the deadline i would like to trade with a team that will ensure us a high pick if all possible but with redd or mo likely being trade to accomplish that it could backfire and help the team and then not really get us the type of pick we were looking to get in return when doing the trade
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#27 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:53 pm

"I like seeing other players score because that gets them motivated and by them being happy I'll be happy on the court and it can be a great game. I just don't like to shoot first really because that's just not in my nature." ~ Derrick Rose
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#28 » by wichmae » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:27 pm

My top ten would be

1. Derrick Rose
2. Michael Beasley
3. DeAndre Jordan
4. Donte Greene
5. Jerryd Bayless
6. Eric Gordon
7. Darrell Arthur
8. DJ Augustin
9. Danilo Gallinari
10. Nicholas Batum

2nd round guys I would love to get
1. Chris Douglas-Roberts
2. Joey Dorsey
3. Derrick Caracter
4. DJ White
5. Malik Hairston
6. Domonic James
7. Trent Plaisted
8. Richard Roby
9. DeMarcus Nelson
10. Josh Shipp
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#29 » by Newz » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:28 pm

No love for Collison, Wichmae?
wichmae
RealGM

Post#30 » by wichmae » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:32 pm

LukePliska wrote:No love for Collison, Wichmae?

no not in my top ten. I really like him though and wouldnt upset if he was a Buck I just think there are better guys...

I think we already have a very similar player in Mo Williams.
Newz
Banned User

Post#31 » by Newz » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:33 pm

wichmae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

no not in my top ten. I really like him though and wouldnt upset if he was a Buck I just think there are better guys...

I haven't seen much of Augustin... Isn't he like 5'10" or so? Is he just like an up tempo distributer type of guy? TJ Ford'ish?
wichmae
RealGM

Post#32 » by wichmae » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:35 pm

LukePliska wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I haven't seen much of Augustin... Isn't he like 5'10" or so? Is he just like an up tempo distributer type of guy? TJ Ford'ish?

Better scorer than Ford and yes an uptempo guy. He's a little more solid(bulk) than T.J. too.

I really like DJ as a compliment to Mo. Future replacement as well...
Newz
Banned User

Post#33 » by Newz » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:36 pm

I also didn't think Arthur was coming out this year... But if he is I think he'd be a great addition to the Bucks.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,594

Post#34 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:45 pm

Looking at this draft, it's pretty remarkable that only one year after many said we had the most loaded draft in years that we might see one that's even better. Not as good in the top two, but better throughout the the lotto and in the #3-#10 range in particular.

That is, if most of the talented freshmen come out.
Newz
Banned User

Post#35 » by Newz » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:46 pm

DrugBust wrote:Looking at this draft, it's pretty remarkable that only one year after many said we had the most loaded draft in years that we might see one that's even better. Not as good in the top two, but better throughout the the lotto and in the #3-#10 range in particular.

That is, if most of the talented freshmen come out.

I think Derrick Rose could easily be better than Durant and/or Oden... Not sure about Beasley though.

I think Derrick Rose could be a Jason Kidd/Gary Payton type... Or maybe even a guy like Baron Davis. He is pretty amazing.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#36 » by wichmae » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:58 pm

I think Rose could be very special as well. I also believe Beasley can too with the right kind of coaching.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#37 » by Simulack » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:02 pm

Plamenco actually told me exactly what the Bucks draft board currently looks like but said we can't cuddle tonight if I divulge the information.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#38 » by wichmae » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:06 pm

Simulack wrote:Plamenco actually told me exactly what the Bucks draft board currently looks like but said we can't cuddle tonight if I divulge the information.

:rofl:
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#39 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:17 pm

wichmae wrote:2nd round guys I would love to get
1. Chris Douglas-Roberts
2. Joey Dorsey
3. Derrick Caracter
4. DJ White
5. Malik Hairston
6. Domonic James
7. Trent Plaisted
8. Richard Roby
9. DeMarcus Nelson
10. Josh Shipp

Nice. I don't think CDR will fall to the second, though.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#40 » by wichmae » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:18 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Nice. I don't think CDR will fall to the second, though.

he has been tearing it up and I am a HUGE CDR fan. I think he could really be the next under the radar guard to make an NBA impact...

HUGE CDR guy here.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks