ImageImage

We need to play .580 ball to make the playoffs

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#21 » by Wise1 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:39 pm

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think he's asking why our management can't have the vision to land the types of players the Blazers have. I don't think he's asking why our current roster can't play like their current roster.

I'm aware of that Luke. It goes without saying that ownership/management is ultimately responsible for putting the kind of talent on the floor/sidelines that the Blazers have acquired.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#22 » by Simulack » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:40 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Agreed. The ideal scenario is to trade Redd immediately to a team that is curerntly in lottery standing for a solid young player and their 2008 pick.

Who are the options there? There doesn't seem to be a team like the Celtics were last draft who had a high pick but wanted to win now besides the Heat. Only others ones I can think of are: Houston, Knicks?, Bulls, Cleveland and Utah.

Cleveland, Houston, Utah and Chicago probably all end up in the playoffs without Redd and almost certianly do with him.

You could add Portland too but they should be a playoff team too especially with Redd.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,406

Post#23 » by LUKE23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:45 pm

Simulack wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Who are the options there? There doesn't seem to be a team like the Celtics were last draft who had a high pick but wanted to win now besides the Heat. Only others ones I can think of are: Houston, Knicks?, Bulls, Cleveland and Utah.

Cleveland, Houston, Utah and Chicago probably all end up in the playoffs without Redd and almost certianly do with him.

You could add Portland too but they should be a playoff team too especially with Redd.

Yeah, there really aren't many options. If you do trade him to one of those teams, you also need to get back a pretty solid player in addition to the pick.

Cleveland: no good players on entire roster outside of LeBron
Utah: I'd want Kirilenko and their 2008
Houston: don't see any deals that work here
Chicago: tough one here. Asking for Deng and their 2008 and a filler is probably too much, but something like Thomas/filler/2008 isn't enough
Portland: Outlaw/filler/2008
Simulack
RealGM

Post#24 » by Simulack » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:46 pm

Here is one I haven't seen mentioned:

Redd to New Orleans for:

Julian Wright, Hilton Armstrong, Bobby Jackson and Rasual Butler

They don't have the best contracts to make it work but Bobby's expires after next season and Rasual Butler is signed to a fairly reasonable deal.

Switch Armstrong for their #1 pick if you want.

This one seems realistic since they are in "win now" mode and have a big hole at SG. A Paul/Redd/Peja/West/Chandler would do serious damage in the West.

Wright is a pretty comparable prospect to Green which is what the Sonics got for Ray.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#25 » by LUKE23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:48 pm

Simulack wrote:Here is one I haven't seen mentioned:

Redd to New Orleans for:

They don't have the best contracts to make it work but Bobby's expires after next season and Rasual Butler is signed to a fairly reasonable deal.

Switch Armstrong for their #1 pick if you want.

Armstrong is pretty underrated. If you change Butler to their unprotected 2008 I MIGHT do it, otherwise I don't think it's enough. Their pick won't be that great anyway, probably 18-22 range.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#26 » by Simulack » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:56 pm

I'd do that trade even without the pick. Its a lot like the Ray Allen trade:

Wright/Green very considered pretty as prospects pre-draft

Armstrong = Delonte West as a 2nd tier type prospect

Jackson/Butler > Wally because they make less money

(Not sure how that fat dude from LSU fits into all this :P )

Its a decent package. Even better when you compare it to what Philly got for Iverson.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,146

Post#27 » by WRau1 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:59 pm

Wow, Paul running the show with Peja and Redd lining up at the three and West in the post? That would be insane.

Anyways, how about Redd/2nd for Gay/Swift/Cardinal/1st?

I don't know how highly they vaule Gay but getting Redd without giving up Gasol would be huge for them, IMO.

Conley
Redd
Miller
Gasol
Darko
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#28 » by Buck You » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:59 pm

:rofl: :rofl: I doubt we play .380 ball the rest of the year.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,146

Post#29 » by WRau1 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:01 pm

Simulack wrote:I'd do that trade even without the pick. Its a lot like the Ray Allen trade:

Wright/Green very considered pretty as prospects pre-draft

Armstrong = Delonte West as a 2nd tier type prospect

Jackson/Butler > Wally because they make less money

(Not sure how that fat dude from LSU fits into all this :P )

Its a decent package. Even better when you compare it to what Philly got for Iverson.

If what the wiretap says is true, I'm not sure NOH does this. They're trying to upgrade there bench, with this trade, it gets even worse. There starting 5 would be insane, though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Mo25
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#30 » by Mo25 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:01 pm

The Bucks are going to have their hands full. They start playing the tougher part of their schedule after the all-star break.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,276

Post#31 » by Sigra » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:03 pm

Redd to Orlando for expirings (Evans, Dooling, Arroyo, Garrity) and 2 1st round picks

Redd to Clippers for expirings (Cassell, Livingston, Williams), Al Thornton and 1st round pick

Redd to Miami for expirings (Williams, Davis) and 1st round pick

And I heard some Raptors fans takling about Redd to Toronto for Calderon, Parker and Nesterovic
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#32 » by LUKE23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:08 pm

Mo25 wrote:The Bucks are going to have their hands full. They start playing the tougher part of their schedule after the all-star break.

Actually this isn't true, they have a bigger % of home games after the break.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#33 » by LUKE23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:10 pm

Sigra wrote:Redd to Orlando for expirings (Evans, Dooling, Arroyo, Garrity) and 2 1st round picks

Redd to Clippers for expirings (Cassell, Livingston, Williams), Al Thornton and 1st round pick

And I heard some Raptors fans takling about Redd to Toronto for Calderon, Parker and Nesterovic

1. Doubt Orlando gives us two firsts, maybe one

2. Would maybe do the Heat deal if the pick was unprotected, although I think with Redd it makes our pick very worthless

3. Doubt we can get Thornton and the Clippers first, but I obviously do this

4. No way in hell I do the Raptors trade unless an unprotected first is included.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#34 » by Simulack » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:13 pm

WRau1 wrote:Anyways, how about Redd/2nd for Gay/Swift/Cardinal/1st?

I don't know how highly they vaule Gay but getting Redd without giving up Gasol would be huge for them, IMO.

No way in hell they trade Rudy. We don't have a player on our roster with enough trade value to get him.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#35 » by Simulack » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:15 pm

Sigra wrote:Redd to Orlando for expirings (Evans, Dooling, Arroyo, Garrity) and 2 1st round picks

I like my Wright/Armstrong to New Orleans deal better than any of these except for the Clippers one and I really, really don't seem them giving up Thornton and a lottery pick for Redd.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#36 » by blkout » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:19 pm

Simulack wrote:Here is one I haven't seen mentioned:

Redd to New Orleans for:

This one intrigues me. I think I'd take the pick over Armstrong, or a late protected pick + Vinicius or something like that.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#37 » by Simulack » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:22 pm

Citizen.Eras3d wrote:This one intrigues me. I think I'd take the pick over Armstrong, or a late protected pick + Vinicius or something like that.

Your just happy I made a trade suggestion without Bogut in it. :P

I don't really know enough about Armstrong vs a late pick in this draft but I went with Armstrong just because they thought highly enough of him to draft him with a lottery pick last year. :dontknow:
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#38 » by blkout » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:29 pm

Your just happy I made a trade suggestion without Bogut in it.

:lol: I actually do like the trade though. It's a risk because you'd be putting alot of hope in Julian Wright, but it could pay off. I like picks due to the whole nature of the unknown but you could argue that a late first rounder and Armstrong would probably equal similar production anyway.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 38,032

Post#39 » by emunney » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:33 pm

I really like both Armstrong and J. Wright, so I guess I'd do that deal, but -- ideally -- I agree with those who want a young vet on a reasonable deal, a pick and salary filler as the basis of the deal. Still... I really like Wright, so I'd do it.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,841

Post#40 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:50 pm

I really like Julian Wright as well......BUT....he's now had 30 games and somewhere in there you'd hope he'd have made a statement....i.e. even a 17/9 game where he gets in during garbage time.....

Doesn't mean he won't develop. But Julian Wright at this moment is <<< the Julian Wright value back in June.

Anectdotally I'd discount his value by about 30% simply because he hasn't exploded for anything....still would like him on the Bucks....just not as a main piece for Redd.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks