ImageImage

Woelfel on trade rumors (Redd on block)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Oct 16th 1968
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Woelfel on trade rumors (Redd on block) 

Post#21 » by Oct 16th 1968 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:47 am

Thanks for the recap.. that's the only part I missed of the postgame show.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#22 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:47 am

lawrybeard wrote:It baffles me why any team would be interested in CV...

There are teams where Charlie V would fit in beautifully...but not here.

He is not a thinking man's player. He has a little street in his game but he is very talented and has some athleticsim.

But he must be surrounded around the right players and you cannot see him more then he sees himself if you know what I mean?

He needs more toughness. Toughness of mind, toughness of body, and toughness of spirit on the court. He has a big heart off it and is a great young man it seems...but that does not win games.

It's a real shame though because he could go down as one of the most popular Bucks' if he only had
that 'it' that I talk about often in here...

What he needs you can't coach it to him, he can't learn it, he can buy it, he can't fake it, shake it, or emulate that 'it' factor....ONLY THE VERY GOOD ONES HAVE 'IT.'...

Perhaps once in a generation or a great while you might can pull that 'it' out of someone like MJ tried to do with Kwame Brown, but if that person or player is scared to let it go from within then you will never ever see the greatness of them and they will not fulfill their NBA destiny.

Kevin Garnett has. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce have...You must be in the right place, in the right role, in the right situation and the right coaching and time in your life that it may all come together.

Many luck out and get it done early like Dwayne Wade...and then never get back to the top again. He was blessed to have Shaq, Walker, Posey, Payton and Mourning and the great Pat Riley there with him...

But it is not his (Charlie's) fault. And it is not Redd's....they just don't!
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:50 am

Andrew34r wrote:
lawrybeard wrote:It baffles me why any team would be interested in CV...

Teams will always be interested in potential and many teams will over-pay on potential alone. With a player like CV every team thinks they can be the team to get him to be a consitently good player.

I can easily see him blowing up on his next team for a couple of years. He needs 35 mins a game and room to find and keep a groove. it's sure not going to happen here.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
Oct 16th 1968
Junior

Post#24 » by Oct 16th 1968 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:54 am

Hey.. good news! Looks like Earl Boykins, the highest paid player ever in the Italian league, just got cut due to behavioral issues. We should pick him up fast.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:31 am

LUKE23 wrote:It would be sweet to unload Redd, but I don't see anyone taking on his contract after having watched him play this season. Either he's not healthy or he's declined athletically, because his shot is flatter than usual and he's not exploding to the rim either.

It's being demanded that he play both ends of the court. He spent years playing half the game, reserving energy to get his shots. This isn't anything new - he hasn't been the type of player who can play 36-40 mins for years, but that's what being max demanded; and his shot would flat in the 4th quarter. Real good 1st quarter shooter last year, though.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,835

Post#26 » by worthlessBucks » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:38 am

emunney wrote:McHale is a bad GM we should be able to take advantage of, but he clearly had a Kevin Love jones, so there was no way he was going to drop all the way back to 8. I could picture him panicking and going after Redd in an attempt to save his career, but would the owner allow it at this point? I think he may have made his last big trade, and he'll be done if he can't turn that team around at least a little.

I brought that up a month ago but I believe I read that McHale might not be doing the GM duties anymore, that someone else was driving that boat for the most part now that McHale is coaching. But yes, we need to take advantage of that sucker.
Go Bucks!
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#27 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:41 am

I have also come to the conclusion that Kevin McHale is a sucker, mostly based off of how goofily excited he got during the preseason when he saw Nowak's Ruben Patterson jersey.
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by Neapolitan Buck » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:20 am

I can see Ray Allen-Gary Payton swap part two. Mike is not Ray, but Starbury isn't Gary Payton, too. Now that I was starting to hope in playoffs, I've got to prepare for another lottery season (at least). I only hope for a free agency miracle in the next offseasons to right this ship.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#29 » by trwi7 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:36 am

paulpressey25 wrote: -Woefel hearing many people around the league mention to him that Redd is being shopped by the Bucks.

<---------------Stun

I'll take expirings or shorter contracts if that's all that's offered. Problem is, are GM's even going to offer that when they realize our no defense, rebounding or passing shooter/scorer is shooting under 40%?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#30 » by bigkurty » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:42 am

Neapolitan Buck wrote:I can see Ray Allen-Gary Payton swap part two. Mike is not Ray, but Starbury isn't Gary Payton, too. Now that I was starting to hope in playoffs, I've got to prepare for another lottery season (at least). I only hope for a free agency miracle in the next offseasons to right this ship.

I don't know, now there is talks of a Lebron resigning this summer which would make a lot of teams second guess their idea of having cap space in 2010. If that talk increases and the Knicks change their mind about cap space, I would like to offer them Redd, Gadz, and an unprotected 2009 first for Marbury (probably 12-18 range anyway). I doubt they do it but it would clean up our whole cap situation in one move and allow us to really start molding our team for the future. Plus Redd and Gadz should fit into D'Antoni's system pretty well anyway.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#31 » by trwi7 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:58 am

bigkurty wrote:I don't know, now there is talks of a Lebron resigning this summer which would make a lot of teams second guess their idea of having cap space in 2010.

I doubt it. Even if LeBron does re-sign, you still have a possible free agent class that includes Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Josh Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Dwyane Wade, Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, John Salmons, Manu Ginobili and Chris Bosh.

Teams aren't going to give up on the possibility of most of those guys for an overpaid Max.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#32 » by bigkurty » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:18 am

trwi7 wrote:
bigkurty wrote:I don't know, now there is talks of a Lebron resigning this summer which would make a lot of teams second guess their idea of having cap space in 2010.

I doubt it. Even if LeBron does re-sign, you still have a possible free agent class that includes Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Josh Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Dwyane Wade, Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, John Salmons, Manu Ginobili and Chris Bosh.

Teams aren't going to give up on the possibility of most of those guys for an overpaid Max.

Good Point, maybe it was just wishful thinking. Really wishful thinking.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#33 » by Nowak008 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:24 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I have also come to the conclusion that Kevin McHale is a sucker, mostly based off of how goofily excited he got during the preseason when he saw Nowak's Ruben Patterson jersey.

Psh don't act surprised. Everyone is excited to see me and especially when I'm wearing the Ruben jersey.

John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#34 » by Jez2983 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:05 am

Nowak008 wrote:Psh don't act surprised. Everyone is excited to see me and especially when I'm wearing the Ruben jersey.

Hello, ladies. Quick question: Are any of you hookers?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:08 am

Oct 16th 1968 wrote:Hey.. good news! Looks like Earl Boykins, the highest paid player ever in the Italian league, just got cut due to behavioral issues. We should pick him up fast.

Maybe that's "the present we did not expect" that Bogut was talking about. They could relive some of Larry Harris' finest hours and talk sh*t about Julius Hodge and Damir Markota.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#36 » by JoeHova » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:51 pm

bigkurty wrote:I don't know, now there is talks of a Lebron resigning this summer which would make a lot of teams second guess their idea of having cap space in 2010. If that talk increases and the Knicks change their mind about cap space, I would like to offer them Redd, Gadz, and an unprotected 2009 first for Marbury (probably 12-18 range anyway).

I would never trade an unprotected first unless I felt my team was good enough to make the playoffs even with its best players out for the season, that's a potential franchise crippler imo. Even if it was only #1 protection, there has to be something to ensure you don't miss out on LeBron or Shaq. It doesn't matter though, it's all hypothetical, but I think that's too big of a risk.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,438

Post#37 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:04 pm

:nod:
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,775

Post#38 » by msiris » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:09 pm

Nowak008 wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:I have also come to the conclusion that Kevin McHale is a sucker, mostly based off of how goofily excited he got during the preseason when he saw Nowak's Ruben Patterson jersey.

Psh don't act surprised. Everyone is excited to see me and especially when I'm wearing the Ruben jersey.

No I think its the hat. Wisconsin girls go crazy over blaze orange. :D
Ride the tank
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,442

Post#39 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:25 pm

I still think Jamaal Crawford is a better player than Redd at half the price. Now the stats are starting to bear that out.

I also think the days of trading Redd for an "expiring" are gone as well. We'll have to look at a crap for crap change of scenery trade. Bad teams with contracts they might dump. So that means our only realistic possibilities IMHO are:

Warriors: We'd need to strike fast here while Mullin and Nelson are still around. But they've got em. Crawford, Maggette, S. Jax wants out, etc.

Clippers: I have a hard time seeing Donald Sterling accept Redd's contract. But if he wants Kaman gone we'd receive a gift.

Charlotte: They just traded J-Rich, so this wouldn't make sense. But they've got some overpaid guys like Carroll, Wallace, etc.

Chicago: I think they are too smart for this, but they've got some crap contracts as well with Hughes, Nocioni and Hinrich.

Dallas: Jason Terry and Dampier?

Houston: Their fans want McGrady out and he seems "done". But he's a 2010 expiring which is why it won't happen. And Darryl Morey is a winscores guy, so he won't want Redd.

Indiana: Plausible in that they've got some crap contracts like Dunleavy, Murphy and Tinsley I still see on their roster.

Wizards: Jamison and Etan Thomas. Jamison would look great right now, but he's old and owed a ton of money. That one could bite us down the road.

Raptors: The three man crap sandwich discussed last month of Parker, Kapono, Humphries if Colangelo thinks he's got to "win-now".

Utah: This is a long shot, but maybe we could "rent" Boozer. But I can't see Skiles doing that and Utah needs that money Redd would command to re-sign Okur and Milsap.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#40 » by Nebula1 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Press, you're going crazy. You'd rather have Kaman than Redd.... you'd rather have Terry and Dampier than Redd.... Now Crawford?? okay.... And you'd give away Redd for Boozer? Boozer is one of the least loyal guys in the NBA. Redd is one of the most. That's like ditching your wife to **** a whore for a few months. Sorry, not worth it.

This board has gone crazy with the Landry rumor. Everybody needs to take a breather.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks