ImageImage

Sessions Update:Ramon signs T-Wolves OS (page 310 update)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Re: David Aldridge: Knicks No Longer Interested In Sessions 

Post#21 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:07 am

Joana wrote:So, has anyone offered already offered a contract to Sessions that the Bucks can decide to match or not? (just paraphrasing what I wrote 1 or 2 days ago in my last post here till now).

No, he hasn't signed an offer sheet. I replied to your post the other day. You must not have seen it. :)
Nothing will not break me.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,670

Post#22 » by Max Green » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:09 am

Wow, the market has really crashed on Ramon. I seriously doubt the Clippers will offer him the full MLE for 5 years to play backup to BD. John should get on the phone with Chubby and offer a 4/14m with the 4th year being a player option.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,670

Post#23 » by Max Green » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:10 am

Joana wrote:So, has anyone offered already offered a contract to Sessions that the Bucks can decide to match or not? (just paraphrasing what I wrote 1 or 2 days ago in my last post here till now).

Nope.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#24 » by jeremyd236 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:11 am

Hammond is going to win the Sessions battle. All this waiting around from Hammond and bull from Sessions' agent will only benefit us. Looks like John knew what was up
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Joana » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:12 am

europa wrote:

No, he hasn't signed an offer sheet. I replied to your post the other day. You must not have seen it. :)

Missed it, thanks anyway. Got it now.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#26 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:12 am

I say offer him 3/12 or maybe 4/16 at the most (4th year either a TO or PO - if possible), and call it a summer with him.. and then concentrate on making some of the other moves we want to make.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#27 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:From the reports I've read Sterling wants AI, but it doesn't sound like Dunleavy does.

I can't see them tendering a contract to Sessions when they just acquired Telfair.

Sessions would be completely redundant.

Looks like Sessions will have some tough choices to make.

Take the QO or take the multi-year deal the Bucks will offer (if they do).

I think it will be in the best interest of the team for Sessions to sign a 3YR deal probably worth between $12M-$15M.

That's too high now considering Sessions' shrinking market. There are just too many either better or cheaper options than Ramon at close to 5 mil per. Ramon is NOT a unique asset. I find it amazing that many of the very good baskteball minds on this board cannot see that. If I'm Hammond, I have the figure 3 and 9 or 2 and 8 in my mind at this point.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#28 » by blkout » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 am

Our 79 page thread, all for nothing??? I hate the Knicks.
europa
RealGM

Post#29 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:14 am

Yea it's time to put this one to bed. Hammond has played his hand beautifully so far. But now's the time to cash in with Sessions and get him signed and move on and work on other moves to improve the team.
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#30 » by apdamico » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 am

Obviously Sessions best chance for a starting job is with the Bucks. If he goes simply for the money, I guess we will see if the Clippers S&T deal blows away just like the Knicks'! AI isn't going to back up Baron Davis, but I guess they know Sessions will, as long as he's getting the maximum mle of 5-years at 35 million.

We already have a Clippers Sign & Trade Idea thread going, so anyone with better ideas can post them to this link:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=928929

Hopefully that link doesn't get up to 80 pages though! :lol:
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,482

Post#31 » by steger_3434 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 am

Wise1 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:From the reports I've read Sterling wants AI, but it doesn't sound like Dunleavy does.

I can't see them tendering a contract to Sessions when they just acquired Telfair.

Sessions would be completely redundant.

Looks like Sessions will have some tough choices to make.

Take the QO or take the multi-year deal the Bucks will offer (if they do).

I think it will be in the best interest of the team for Sessions to sign a 3YR deal probably worth between $12M-$15M.

That's too high now considering Sessions' shrinking market. There are just too many either better or cheaper options than Ramon at close to 5 mil per. Ramon is NOT a unique asset. I find it amazing that many of the very good baskteball minds on this board cannot see that. If I'm Hammond, I have the figure 3 and 9 or 2 and 8 in my mind at this point.

I don't know if Olympiakos is still interested in him, but if they are you can't completely low ball the guy or else he might bolt. I'd have no problem with a 3 for 12 with a player option 4.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
europa
RealGM

Post#32 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:17 am

steger_3434 wrote:I don't know if Olympiakos is still interested in him, but if they are you can't completely low ball the guy or else he might bolt. I'd have no problem with a 3 for 12 with a player option 4.

Agreed. Sessions is a good player. Only Bogut and Redd are better on the team right now. Don't insult him by lowballing him. Offer him a fair deal - which I think 3/$12M would be - and see if he signs.
Wise1
RealGM

Post#33 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:19 am

europa wrote:
Bernman wrote:You didn't quote him saying that Sessions' future was dubious at best in Milwaukee.

My guess would be this is spinmeistering by the Knicks' camp because the writing was on the wall to lose him in an S&T (which they have nothing to offer in), the same one involving Bowen (the T part) that Woelfel alluded to.

Or they prefer Miller over Sessions and don't want to sign either one to a long-term deal.

As far as Sessions' future, we'll see. I think the worst-case scenario here is a S&T if the Clippers want him badly enough and Sterling loses his desire to get Iverson. Then it will come down to whether Hammond does well with the S&T.

ETA - the other issue is if Sessions goes to the Clips, he probably is the backup there for another 2-3 years given Baron's awful contract. At least if he takes a shorter deal with the Bucks, he'd be looking at 1-2 years at least as a starter.

Snap out of it Europa. Come on man. lol. You know good and damn well that's not going to happen here. Brandon Jennings is already the show in Milwaukee. We've seen the talent. We know the coaches and GM can't hold back their enthusiasm. It's time for us all to stop being afraid and embrace Young Buck as the type of game changer that we've lusted for since Ray Allen was on the roster.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#34 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 am

If Hammond truly wants to get Sessions at the best price, then he may want to wait until the Clips waste money on AI so that there is even more incentive for him to sign a reasonable deal.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
europa
RealGM

Post#35 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 am

You're right Kirby, I have seen the talent. I've seen what Sessions can do and right now he's way ahead of Jennings. The rook's got a long ways to go just to catch him, much less surpass him.

The good news is this team is going to be MUCH better off with both of them. I'm definitely looking forward to a Sessions/Jennings PG duo next season.
europa
RealGM

Post#36 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:22 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:If Hammond truly wants to get Sessions at the best price, then he may want to wait until the Clips waste money on AI so that there is even more incentive for him to sign a reasonable deal.

Sounds like the Clips are backing out of the AI stuff. Now's the time to move in and get Sessions signed.
Wise1
RealGM

Post#37 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:22 am

Chad, this is the NBA. If Ramon wants to waste years in Greece, let him. He still would be our RFA if he wants to play in this league. The offers that I put forth are not lowball offers. They are realistic and fair considering what much better players are signing for (Ariza, Artest, Sheed, AI/Miller offers, ect.).
europa
RealGM

Post#38 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:24 am

Trevor Ariza is not much better than Sessions in my opinion.

But I agree that if he wants to go overseas, let him. That's not my preferred choice but at least the Bucks would keep his rights.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#39 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:24 am

Wise1 wrote:Chad, this is the NBA. If Ramon wants to waste years in Greece, let him. He still would be our RFA if he wants to play in this league. The offers that I put forth are not lowball offers. They are realistic and fair considering what much better players are signing for (Ariza, Artest, Sheed, AI/Miller offers, ect.).

I agree

Wise1
RealGM

Post#40 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:25 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:If Hammond truly wants to get Sessions at the best price, then he may want to wait until the Clips waste money on AI so that there is even more incentive for him to sign a reasonable deal.

Even if this is wasteful spending on the Clips part, AI is STILL a better player than Ramon on a short contract. You're right. I think the better players (AI and Dre Miller) will be signed first with the lesser talents picking up the scraps at the end of the buying period. The Bucks will get Ramon at their price or simply let him walk.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks