ImageImage

PG Sixers: Season Over

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,022

Re: PG Sixers: Season Over 

Post#201 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:26 am

If Bud thought wood would help the team he would play.

I just typed wood/would too much.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,396

Post#202 » by rilamann » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:37 am

FordTough wrote:I said it before and will again. We're a better team with DJ Wilson on the court as opposed to Niko.

You called it 2 weeks ago.

DJ is clearly a better fit for our team. DJ does so many more things than Mirotic to help you win games. If Mirtoic isn't hitting 3s, he's a liability to have the court. I hadn't seen Mirtoic a ton before he joined the Bucks, the guy is severely overrated. Thank God we didn't give up any rotation players to acquire him.

I was hoping today that Bud would start DJ to set a defensive tone and Bring Mirotic off the bench.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#203 » by Perishable517 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:38 am

RogerMurdock wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Make Middleton and Lopez sleep outside tonight for their shameful defensive effort.

Can't. They wouldn't make it outside.
Oh snap!

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#204 » by Perishable517 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:42 am

ElPeregrino wrote:Middleton was bad for most of this game, but he was great late and redeemed himself a little. In the final 6 minutes, he had 10 points and was 4/4 from the field including 2/2 from three with 3 assists and no turnovers.
This is Midds. And that is ok. Tonight, we didn't have anyone early and it seemed like so many shots at the rim came off the rim. All were good shots,just didn't fall.

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
hdroffffff
Sixth Man
And1: 58

Post#205 » by hdroffffff » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:43 am

rilamann wrote:
FordTough wrote:I said it before and will again. We're a better team with DJ Wilson on the court as opposed to Niko.

DJ is clearly a better fit for our team. DJ does so many more things than Mirotic to help you win games. If Mirtoic isn't hitting 3s, he's a liability to have the court. I hadn't seen Mirtoic a ton before he joined the Bucks, the guy is severely overrated. Thank God we didn't give up any rotation players to acquire him.

I was hoping today that Bud would start DJ to set a defensive tone and Bring Mirotic off the bench.

Yep exactly. Niko has his usefulness, but in terms of who fits better.. it's DJ I think. Today is the perfect example of that. Niko just kinda camping outside the three point line and a liability on defense vs DJ who while he's not always necessarily going to stack up numbers, he brnigs a lot of energy, is always moving on offense, picks his spots and overall facilitates things on both sides far better than Niko does. The whole energy of the team changes when DJ comes in. Kid deserves to play.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,280

Post#206 » by FlagsFlyForever » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:43 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Granted it's a small sample size but it's not like Wood has looked great, or even good.

All he plays is garbage time. He has 14 total minutes this season excluding the 4th quarter.
Read on Twitter
Willie Colon
Starter
And1: 1,151

Post#207 » by Willie Colon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:43 am

TroyD92 wrote:
DrWood wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
Klay Thompson is not a #2 he's a #3. Can't get his own shot. KD is obvious, but I thought we were trying to be more realistic.

Beal is a supped up version of Middleton who can create and easily get his own shot. Lillard is a flamethrower. Current Middleton is the ultimate PPGz player. Terrible/average at everything except hitting mid range shots.

realistic? At least I included guys who are FAs.
And I disagree with every statement you made above. Most I could find a stat to disprove, but I have a feeling it wouldn't change your mind anyway.

Well part of the value of these guys is intergrating them into the system. Current Beal is an empty stat guy and I wouldn’t disagree, but he’s currently on a sinking ship of a team. What else is Middleton elite at besides mid-range shots ?

Beal is not an empty stats guy. He's been a legit number 1 superstar caliber player since Wall went down. Not his fault he plays for an awful team. He's also still getting better, with numbers nearly identical to Harden's age 25 season.

With all the minutes he has played, Beal manages to run more miles per game than any other player (2.82 mi./g), and covers more ground than anyone on defense (1.33 mi./g). Yet, he is third in the NBA in loose balls recovered and 12th in charges drawn.

Last year, when Beal played all 82 games and finished fourth in minutes, the heavy load was blamed for his shooting struggles late in games. His legs were tired, many presumed, and Beal admitted as much.

Last season, Beal shot just 30.6 percent from the field and 20.5 percent from three in clutch scenarios, defined by NBA.com as in the final five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime when the game is within five points.

One year later, the script has been flipped. Beal is shooting 48.3 percent overall in the clutch and 45.8 percent from long range. Both of those numbers are better than his season averages, meaning he is getting better late in games when the Wizards need him most and when he should theoretically be most tired.
We have Giannis Antetokounmpo and you don't. :naaa:
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,850

Post#208 » by TroyD92 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:29 am

Willie Colon wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
DrWood wrote:realistic? At least I included guys who are FAs.
And I disagree with every statement you made above. Most I could find a stat to disprove, but I have a feeling it wouldn't change your mind anyway.

Well part of the value of these guys is intergrating them into the system. Current Beal is an empty stat guy and I wouldn’t disagree, but he’s currently on a sinking ship of a team. What else is Middleton elite at besides mid-range shots ?

Beal is not an empty stats guy. He's been a legit number 1 superstar caliber player since Wall went down. Not his fault he plays for an awful team. He's also still getting better, with numbers nearly identical to Harden's age 25 season.

With all the minutes he has played, Beal manages to run more miles per game than any other player (2.82 mi./g), and covers more ground than anyone on defense (1.33 mi./g). Yet, he is third in the NBA in loose balls recovered and 12th in charges drawn.

Last year, when Beal played all 82 games and finished fourth in minutes, the heavy load was blamed for his shooting struggles late in games. His legs were tired, many presumed, and Beal admitted as much.

Last season, Beal shot just 30.6 percent from the field and 20.5 percent from three in clutch scenarios, defined by NBA.com as in the final five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime when the game is within five points.

One year later, the script has been flipped. Beal is shooting 48.3 percent overall in the clutch and 45.8 percent from long range. Both of those numbers are better than his season averages, meaning he is getting better late in games when the Wizards need him most and when he should theoretically be most tired.

Well there you go.k :wink:
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,396

Post#209 » by rilamann » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:34 am

FordTough wrote:
rilamann wrote:

Yep exactly. Niko has his usefulness, but in terms of who fits better.. it's DJ I think. Today is the perfect example of that. Niko just kinda camping outside the three point line and a liability on defense vs DJ who while he's not always necessarily going to stack up numbers, he brnigs a lot of energy, is always moving on offense, picks his spots and overall facilitates things on both sides far better than Niko does. The whole energy of the team changes when DJ comes in. Kid deserves to play.

You can already make a pretty strong case that we have lost a couple of games that we very well would have won if DJ gets Niko's minutes. Probably the Suns game and def the Jazz game.

Not saying Mirotic doesn't have any value to our team and when I say he is overrated I am not saying he's trash, it's just that if he's not hitting 3s and he's not doing much else and if we are talking fit on the Milwaukee Bucks, it's DJ by a mile. Like you said, DJ never stops moving and is disruptive as hell defensively. DJ also never really jacks garbage 3s, he takes his shots within the flow of the offense.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,781

Post#210 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:54 am

I think we're better than Philly and it will eventually show in a 7 game series.
I also think they might be as good or slightly better than the Raptors so it's probably best they face eachother in the 2nd round.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#211 » by FrieAaron » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:57 am

None of Nikos shots were garbage, he just missed. If DJ continues to shoot 50% from three then I agree he's a better option
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,179

Post#212 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:59 am

BroLo was absolutely murdered by Embiid today and has to at least put up some semblance of resistance in a playoff series. That's about the only worry I have with Philly.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,131

Post#213 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:06 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#214 » by TD75 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:13 am

A big factor in today's loss was the rebounds differential. Lopez needs to do a better job under the basket, and the same stands for the Bucks' guards.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
highkick05
Senior
And1: 86

Post#215 » by highkick05 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:25 am

TD75 wrote:A big factor in today's loss was the rebounds differential. Lopez needs to do a better job under the basket, and the same stands for the Bucks' guards.

Lopez just let Embiid play his game. I was a little upset watching Embiid get past Lopez that easily.

I mean let him shoot if you want but put a body in front of him, you're allowed to ffs
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,850

Post#216 » by TroyD92 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:25 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seriously my favorite player.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,630

Post#217 » by Bernman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:36 am

Bucks did really got hurt on the boards. Gave up extra shots and couldn't get out in transition early. Also there was a reduction in deflections to aid in that area + get stops.

I think these may be the areas where the losses of Brogdon and DiVincenzo hurt the team the most. You can go bigger, but you're going to lose the ability to harry players into bad shots later in the clock, get your hands on the basketball to get out, and yes probably get worse on the boards even.

If Mirotic is out guarding someone behind the line he's not going to be able to dart down and gang rebound in time. Neither is Middleton if you move him down to the 2.

Meanwhile, that's a strength of DiVincenzo and Brogdon. Even if they don't get the board directly, they often get their hands on it. Important when you have somebody who can't jump and doesn't go after boards like Brook. The value of the role our combo guards play in the system is underrated. And I don't know if there's awareness of it here, but DiVo is #2 on the team in +/- per minute behind just Giannis. Dude is an x-factor, if he's hitting shots or not. Even more so when he is. And if Brogdon is going to be out, we need him in there or we'll probably feel it.

I don't think big ball is the answer w/out Brogdon. Start Hill w/ Bled as combo guards (best version you'll get now), quick hook Hill for DiVo when it's not working (+ DiVo is available), and have Mirotic be the 6th man again. Cutting off our nose to spite our face with this role for him.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#218 » by TD75 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:46 am

Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,909

Post#219 » by blazza18 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:29 am

TD75 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The lone jumper in the paint was over Embiid and it was fire. Was Giannis at his most confident.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#220 » by Jez2983 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:38 am

TD75 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Morey has died from excessive ejaculation. Giannis has now embodied offensive efficiency.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks