RealGM
And1: 10,916

Re: Preseason Game 2: Bucks @ Nets 6:30 CST - NBATV 

Post#201 » by TroyD92 » Sat Oct 9, 2021 12:21 pm

Nwora and Mamu look great.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Post#202 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Oct 9, 2021 2:37 pm

Packbuckman wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Donte won't be ready to start the season, so Nwora is definitely in the rotation.

maybe here and there with a 2 inch leash we might see nwora and mamu but unlikely

holiday/hill
grayson/pat
middleton/hood/semi
giannis/thanasis
lopez/portis

to me theres your top 11

Nwora is by far our best shooter who at 6’ 8 can get his shot off easily not like Forbes who struggled at times last year. He could be Middletons main backup depends how his D is or not because Bud likes players who can shoot Forbes couldn’t Guard nobody and he played a lot during the season.

defense and basketball iq is what would get him time and he has none of either. imo the coaching staff would have to lose their mind and just not give a **** about winning to play him. hes a developmental guy that brings literally nothing a championship team would want as it relates to a role player
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,138

Post#203 » by sidney lanier » Sat Oct 9, 2021 2:37 pm

I'm struggling with the language of Durant highlights on NBA TV.

Ball fumbled under Bucks rim and lands in his hands by accident: great defense, now a two-way player
Ball bounces off his head, then shuffled to an open three-point shooter: getting the rock to teammate any way you can

OK, that was Steve Smith, who always accentuates the positive, but there is an interesting strain in media coverage generally and preseason predictions that conforms everything to this narrative: Durant greatest player, supported by ineffable talents, can't miss cakewalk to Finals.

To which I say good. Don't stop believing, pundits, and enjoy your crow later as these overstroked egos falter and the recriminations begin.

And I love the breathing space this gives the World Champion Milwaukee Bucks as they methodically prepare for a title defense.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,229

Post#204 » by soxperry » Sat Oct 9, 2021 2:57 pm

Packbuckman wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Donte won't be ready to start the season, so Nwora is definitely in the rotation.

maybe here and there with a 2 inch leash we might see nwora and mamu but unlikely

holiday/hill
grayson/pat
middleton/hood/semi
giannis/thanasis
lopez/portis

to me theres your top 11

Nwora is by far our best shooter who at 6’ 8 can get his shot off easily not like Forbes who struggled at times last year. He could be Middletons main backup depends how his D is or not because Bud likes players who can shoot Forbes couldn’t Guard nobody and he played a lot during the season.

lol what? Khris is a better shooter in probably all facets of that word.

Nwora will play, though. Nwora AND Merrill played rotation minutes at the beginning of last season too. We'll see how long it lasts.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 5,179

Post#205 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 9, 2021 3:01 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

holiday/hill
grayson/pat
middleton/hood/semi
giannis/thanasis
lopez/portis

to me theres your top 11

defense and basketball iq is what would get him time and he has none of either. imo the coaching staff would have to lose their mind and just not give a **** about winning to play him. hes a developmental guy that brings literally nothing a championship team would want as it relates to a role player

Huh? Bryn Forbes played 19 minutes a game last year. Nwora is smarter, better defensively, and better offensively. Nwora was plus 15 in a4 point loss last night because the team could only function with him on the floor.

Highly efficient scoring helps teams win.
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 753

Post#206 » by Rstuedes24 » Sat Oct 9, 2021 3:05 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

holiday/hill
grayson/pat
middleton/hood/semi
giannis/thanasis
lopez/portis

to me theres your top 11

This is a bad take. Brings nothing to a championship team? Maybe just a young guy with very obvious offensive talent, who we can play especially early on in the season to give the top rotation a breather? That’s very important and very useful if you ask me
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#207 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Oct 9, 2021 3:19 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:

Huh? Bryn Forbes played 19 minutes a game last year. Nwora is smarter, better defensively, and better offensively. Nwora was plus 15 in a4 point loss last night because the team could only function with him on the floor.

to me mirza teltovic is a better comp. truly one of my least favorite bucks of all time that mirza. nick young is a nice comp too.

bottom line were gonna disagree on nwora. personally the way he plays disgusts me. i literally find the way he plays to be gross.

i'll weigh out of the discussion.
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 844

Post#208 » by drdrG » Sat Oct 9, 2021 3:24 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

to me mirza teltovic is a better comp. truly one of my least favorite bucks of all time that mirza. nick young is a nice comp too.

bottom line were gonna disagree on nwora. personally the way he plays disgusts me. i literally find the way he plays to be gross.

Agree that the way he played last year and in SL was gross. I also think I've seen signs of progress towards a winning player and am optimistic that he will continue to progress as a 2nd year player seeing how he can get minutes. 6/10 on 3's with a number coming off the dribble against Brooklyn's starters is also hard to argue with
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#209 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Oct 9, 2021 3:36 pm

drdrG wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Agree that the way he played last year and in SL was gross. I also think I've seen signs of progress towards a winning player and am optimistic that he will continue to progress as a 2nd year player seeing how he can get minutes. 6/10 on 3's with a number coming off the dribble against Brooklyn's starters is also hard to argue with

im willing to have my mind changed but the scouting report out of college and what ive seen so far i just dont think hes a winning player. watching him i dont think winning even motivates him.

but like i said im willing to have my mind changed. just like when the board was all up thons ass about how good he was going to be i'll just weigh out of this one until the board comes to their senses.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 38,032

Post#210 » by emunney » Sat Oct 9, 2021 3:45 pm

Read on Twitter
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,138

Post#211 » by sidney lanier » Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:01 pm

emunney wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't know who McBob is, but it made me think of another possible Mamu comp: the mostly very comparable but sometimes incomparable Fred Roberts. Rangy, good open court runner, and a little toughness.

"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#212 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:06 pm

higharc
Junior
And1: 252

Post#213 » by higharc » Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:51 pm

What I saw from the guys that will make the roster:

Jordan will start in the rotation as a sub. His defense is not broken, but still needs to work some dumb plays. Still, microwave scoring for the 2nd squad when they stagnate

Thanasis will still be used occasionally for last quarter plays to frustrate opponents. He now can control better his fouling, but cannot hit a jumper, which would make him a candidate for that PJ role.

Kalaitzakis is a plus defender. Just a development (shooting) season for him. He could get special assignments just on his defense alone right now, if he could just hit 32-34% on corner 3s. (Bud will not play rooks)

Mamu is ok all around NBA player, but needs to develop all aspects of his game in order to see minutes with the guys he has in front of him in the rotation. (Bud will not play rooks)

From all the others, JOB could be useful as a rebounding stretch big. Elijah will probably be cut, his only skill is penetration finishing. The guards are nice for the Herd, as they are too small for NBA.
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#214 » by soxperry » Sat Oct 9, 2021 6:39 pm

I want to be excited about Mamu but i feel like good players make things look easy and that's not really the case with him. I have a feeling he may get owned against real nba players in an actual nba game. Nwora too, except he can hit a jumper.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#215 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 9, 2021 6:51 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Nwora and Young compare well in play style and body type, but Nwora is simply a better shot maker at every level of the floor. This is why Nwora is an extreme high efficiency scorer, while Young was low efficiency. It's low IQ to take shots you make?That would be like saying Middleton is dumb for taking shots other players miss.

The really important thing about Nwora is his rate of rise. Look at how quickly he's improved. He was 300 pounds without a D1 offer as a junior in High School. A few years later he's dominating NBA players. He's improved his body greatly and added an elite level of shooting and ball handling. He's passed well throughout the preseason.

It would be smart to bet on him continuing to improve.

Maybe he needs to show more emotion on the floor to make people believe he cares about winning. That's the same dumb thing people used to say about Middleton. Emotional control is a good thing, Nwora is a worker and competitor, of course he wants to win.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#216 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 9, 2021 6:54 pm

soxperry wrote:I want to be excited about Mamu but i feel like good players make things look easy and that's not really the case with him. I have a feeling he may get owned against real nba players in an actual nba game. Nwora too, except he can hit a jumper.

The Nets played everybody but Kyrie, and kept there rookie 1st round pick on the bench. Mamu faced Blake Griffin and LaMarcus Aldridge all game. I'm surprised at how effective he was versus legit NBA bigs.
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#217 » by soxperry » Sat Oct 9, 2021 7:09 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
soxperry wrote:I want to be excited about Mamu but i feel like good players make things look easy and that's not really the case with him. I have a feeling he may get owned against real nba players in an actual nba game. Nwora too, except he can hit a jumper.

The Nets played everybody but Kyrie, and kept there rookie 1st round pick on the bench. Mamu faced Blake Griffin and LaMarcus Aldridge all game. I'm surprised at how effective he was versus legit NBA bigs.

it's preseason, though. unless you think our reserves are almost as good as the Brooklyn Nets, my point stands that i'd like to wait and see them against real nba competition. i dont think that's what that was last night.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,470

Post#218 » by crkone » Sat Oct 9, 2021 7:11 pm

Mamu: Practices against the best player in the world daily.
Bucks fans: I think he'll get owned when he faces REAL competition.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#219 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 9, 2021 7:16 pm

soxperry wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

it's preseason, though. unless you think our reserves are almost as good as the Brooklyn Nets, my point stands that i'd like to wait and see them against real nba competition. i dont think that's what that was last night.

I think the Nets had a brutal offseason, and won't be as good as last year. That said, I agree, best to grade a player in the regular season.

Not sure why you'd have concerns for Nwora though. He's actually fared better when facing opponents starters. He's dominated when ever he's been given real minutes against the best players.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,571

Post#220 » by Milbucks96 » Sat Oct 9, 2021 7:45 pm

crkone wrote:Mamu: Practices against the best player in the world daily.
Bucks fans: I think he'll get owned when he faces REAL competition.

Mamadi and Dj Wilson says hello

Return to Milwaukee Bucks