Bucks sign Augustin - 3 years $21 million

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,037

Re: Bucks sign Augustin - 3 years $21 million 

Post#261 » by Prez » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:30 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I don't give a **** about how he looks like now. Like everyone else on the roster, they'll be judged with regards to how they perform in the playoffs.

Wait are you suggesting dismissing RS performance? If so I disagree strongly, we absolutely should be monitoring everyone’s performance and actively seeking out moves as needed.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#262 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:40 pm

DrWood wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
DrWood wrote:and I think you choose to see what you want to see.

Augustin didn't even have good hops last season, and it was predictable that he'd continue to decline - as he has.

What does DJA have to do with DDV?

Silly me - thinking this was an Augustin thread.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#263 » by crowhead76 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:04 pm

LuessiT wrote:I just think there's a misconception on what we needed going from last season to this season. Based on last season after losing Hill we needed someone to run the second unit and Augustin seems to be able to do exactly that. That said, Bud is playing the starters more which means we should have one of Middleton/Holiday/Giannis on the floor at all times and any of these three serves as a much better ball handler at any given time so he rarely has to do for what he was brought in. And on defense he's just single handedly killing lineups. I think some of his offensive woes are fixable (he should shoot way more 3's and when he drives he should kick it out more) but ultimately we've casted the wrong type of player and the sooner we realize it the better.

What we actually need in his stead imo is an Avery Bradley+ type of player. Someone who can guard, preferably multiple positions, shoot the 3 (preferably on the move) and make the right play but doesn't necessarily have to run the offense to contribute.

Garrett Temple swap?

or DJA and DJW for Satoransky?
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks