Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

th87
General Manager
And1: 9,722

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#301 » by th87 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:38 am

RiotPunch wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Giannis played like how I imagine Michael Olowakandi played as himself in NBA Live 98.

I'm not sure Kandi was dumb enough to shoot 8 3s.

Not in a REAL game!

And probably accidentally pressed the wrong button a few times.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,305

Post#302 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:38 am

machu46 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:At the end of the day our favourite player is a moron

Read on Twitter

Optimistic takeaway: he said maybe next game he’ll take 0 3’s, who knows? (I know; he will not do that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giannis sees himself wide open from three. The rest of the court is packed with the extra defender cutting off passing lanes. He figures it's the only shot to take.

The problem is that he shouldn't ever be in that situation to begin with. Stop letting him run point from the three point line. Put him in the post so the defense can't pack it in so easily.
slappyg
Junior
And1: 274

Post#303 » by slappyg » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:39 am

jimmybones wrote:Would not blame the refs one bit if they called a violation every time on Giannis FT. He consistently takes 12-13 seconds and that’s after holding his hand up to do that fake shot before allowing the ref to give him the ball.

It’s a clear violation AND it’s leading to poor results. How do you choose to stick with that?

And, how do you get alot of reps in practice if each free throw takes that long!
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,710

Post#304 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:42 am

Giannis is getting killed a bit, but dude was a beast in that first quarter.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#305 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:42 am

slappyg wrote:Other thoughts from the game tonight:

* Crowd went crazy when Thanasis came in for 20 seconds at end of 3rd. Would like to see more of him in some spots.
* Tucker is too short to guard KD. Giannis should spend some time guarding him especially at the end. Thanasis should guard him a
little just to get under his skin with some trash talking. Could probably draw a tech from KD.
* Portis should play a little bit more.
* Bud needs to go. So much iso ball and obviously unwilling to make Giannis play to his strengths.
* Zadarius Smith was having a great time in the front row
* KD didn't get touched at all several times and got the call, pretty frustrating. Lots of F*** KD chants.
* Wow did Giannis dominate the ball tonight

The Nets shot 16 FTs coming into tonight. We took another 8 tonight. thats 24 for the series.

Durant averaged 7 FTs a game by himself this season. He had 3 trips to the FT line tonight (6 attempts). and 1 of those trips was an offball foul when the nets were in the Bonus. Maybe a couple of non-shooting fouls were ticky tack. but with how physical PJ has been with durant, and how much he operates in the mid post, its hard to give alot of sympathy to cries that durant is getting too many whistles.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,909

Post#306 » by blazza18 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:44 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Giannis is getting killed a bit, but dude was a beast in that first quarter.

His first quarter previewed what was to come for mine. In three different half court possessions he either settled for a three or fumbled the ball away in the paint while not looking to involve teammates at all.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,807

Post#307 » by Wonka » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:54 am

I find it hard to believe that there aren’t members of the team, the staff and the front office who want Giannis to shoot less jumpers, but who is going to tell him that? I think we have surrounded our star with a bunch of “yes men.”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,814

Post#308 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:57 am

Giannis hasn't played this level of whack before. I'm choosing to believe that Harden is in his head and probably has Griffin telling Giannis all about it.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#309 » by FrieAaron » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:00 am

jimmybones wrote:Is giannis selfish or delusional?

He cannot possibly think those 3s are the best outcome of those possessions in the context of winning the game.

Is he trying to win or prove something?

At this point it honestly feels like he's trying to prove statistics wrong.
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 934

Post#310 » by CJTURT » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:06 am

FrieAaron wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Is giannis selfish or delusional?

He cannot possibly think those 3s are the best outcome of those possessions in the context of winning the game.

Is he trying to win or prove something?

At this point it honestly feels like he's trying to prove statistics wrong.

He should have skipped those questions. Lol. He actually made himself look dumber than we thought, or at least confirmed he is.
Unique
Junior
And1: 375

Post#311 » by Unique » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:11 am

After a one year hiatus, Zelico Obradovic has decided to return back to action and he's waiting for offers.

Huge chance for the Bucks to get a real coach on the bench!
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,280

Post#312 » by FlagsFlyForever » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:29 am

humanrefutation wrote:JVG hasn't been coaching for what, 15 years? What makes people think he'd do a good job here?

And he was a disappointment who clashed with his players in Houston. It's hard to imagine a worse hire IMO.
Read on Twitter
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#313 » by FrieAaron » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:31 am

Coach Carter wrote:The MVP's got to his head. He thinks he's in that tier with KD, bron n kawhi which he clearly isn't.

Slight correction, he's in that tier but thinks he is those players. But if he played within himself he could absolutely have just as much an impact on winning as KD or Kawhi. Does he know who Tim Duncan is? As much as he loves Kobe it's Duncan's game he should try to be imitating. He is widely considered a top 10 player all time and during his two MVP seasons took 22 3s TOTAL. It doesn't need to be a part of his arsenal to be unstoppable. I would have much more confidence in him learning how to hit bank shots than suddenly become a 35% three point shooter.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#314 » by bucksfansince88 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:35 am

Giannis needs his ego checked, or just needs to unplug from listening to the critics. I would’ve been pissed being his teammate tonight
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,781

Post#315 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:08 am

Hey I called the 2-1, don't say I didn't call it!
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2086097&start=140#p91263386

(To be clear, total fluke, about a million things have happened in this series that I didn't expect would happen. But, if there are crocheted Hawaiian shirts on the seats next game, I'll go give myself an exorcism )
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,781

Post#316 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:18 am

Unique wrote:After a one year hiatus, Zelico Obradovic has decided to return back to action and he's waiting for offers.

Huge chance for the Bucks to get a real coach on the bench!

Please God make it happen
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,909

Post#317 » by blazza18 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:28 am

AussieBuck wrote:Giannis hasn't played this level of whack before. I'm choosing to believe that Harden is in his head and probably has Griffin telling Giannis all about it.

Do believe something is up with the Griffin matchup specifically that's got Giannis all amped up cause early on in the Claxton matchup Giannis looked like a completely different player
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,814

Post#318 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:49 am

blazza18 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Giannis hasn't played this level of whack before. I'm choosing to believe that Harden is in his head and probably has Griffin telling Giannis all about it.

Do believe something is up with the Griffin matchup specifically that's got Giannis all amped up cause early on in the Claxton matchup Giannis looked like a completely different player

Second guessing, thinking waaaay to much. Blake's goading Giannis into all sorts of ****.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#319 » by DrWood » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:58 am

humanrefutation wrote:JVG hasn't been coaching for what, 15 years? What makes people think he'd do a good job here?

probably because he makes the obvious comments that they make themselves.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,749

Post#320 » by yannisk » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 am

jimmybones wrote:Would not blame the refs one bit if they called a violation every time on Giannis FT. He consistently takes 12-13 seconds and that’s after holding his hand up to do that fake shot before allowing the ref to give him the ball.

It’s a clear violation AND it’s leading to poor results. How do you choose to stick with that?

I want them to give him a violation as soon as they give him the ball and he gives them back and starts doing his imaginary shooting

Return to Milwaukee Bucks