Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#362 » by DrWood » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:50 am

I think we should trade Nwora for JJ Redick.*

I wonder how many people will "get" this.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,953

Post#363 » by Fotis St » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:24 am

Cheap Centers : Hartenstein, Luke Kornet & Papagiannis (he tranformed his body into a modern NBA mobile Center, lost alot of weight, toned his muscle a bit too)

PG/SG Pipe Dream scenario he somehow nail Dragic ... Get Forbes back, or find an underperforming sophomore whose value has dropped.
Draft: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,145

Post#364 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:34 am

Bucks should target Muscala, we could probably get him without giving up much and it would give us a few more years to find a permanent Brook replacement.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
flaco
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#365 » by flaco » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:44 am

Now that we got Allen on a team-friendly contract till 2024, DDV might have become expendable. The Magic start two Centers in Carter Jr. and Bamba. How about we help them balance out their roster?

Fwiw, Hood cannot be traded till December 14. Alternatively, we could include Nwora instead of Hood.

Obviously, I'd prefer the first trade. The second one is probably a bit more enticing for the Magic.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,080

Post#366 » by emunney » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:16 pm

Fotis St wrote:Cheap Centers : Hartenstein, Luke Kornet & Papagiannis (he tranformed his body into a modern NBA mobile Center, lost alot of weight, toned his muscle a bit too)

PG/SG Pipe Dream scenario he somehow nail Dragic ... Get Forbes back, or find an underperforming sophomore whose value has dropped.

I don't really understand why Hartenstein *was* cheap, but I expect he wouldn't still be given he's playing well for the Clippers.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,838

Post#367 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:36 pm

WRau1 wrote:Bucks should target Muscala, we could probably get him without giving up much and it would give us a few more years to find a permanent Brook replacement.

He's neither a room protector or rebounder, so he doesn't address our supposed need.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,145

Post#368 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:38 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Bucks should target Muscala, we could probably get him without giving up much and it would give us a few more years to find a permanent Brook replacement.

He's neither a room protector or rebounder, so he doesn't address our supposed need.

Neither was Lopez before he got here. He's a stretch big that can move his feet and can defend.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,735

Post#369 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:28 pm

Free John Wall.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,340

Post#370 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:47 am

flaco wrote:Now that we got Allen on a team-friendly contract till 2024, DDV might have become expendable. The Magic start two Centers in Carter Jr. and Bamba. How about we help them balance out their roster?

Fwiw, Hood cannot be traded till December 14. Alternatively, we could include Nwora instead of Hood.

Obviously, I'd prefer the first trade. The second one is probably a bit more enticing for the Magic.

Been after Bamba since his freshman year. Probably could’ve been had in the last year and a half or so. Now I’d have a hard time believing Orlando moves him for anything the Bucks could offer. 7’1 mobile young center with the longest wingspan in the league that blocks shots at an absurd rate and also hits threes. Not someone most teams would be open to unloading.

Too little too late.

ETA: in general the Bucks are in a horrible spot as far as any major moves are concerned. No big expiring deals, no premium young player, no first round picks for the next decade or so and no cap space or wiggle room under the Luxury tax. This team is who they are for better or worse. Best and only hope is to get healthy and try to catch lightning in a bottle by April.
Do it for Chuck
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,196

Post#371 » by Matches Malone » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:20 am

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,252

Post#372 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:33 pm

These Donte trades are just too reactionary for my liking. There's nothing stopping the front office from going out and getting a cheap back-up big on a partially or non-guaranteed deal right now.

Ersan
Biyombo
Oturu
Baynes
Boogie
Okafor
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,856

Post#373 » by TroyD92 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:42 pm

I don’t know who that guy is but if Horst can pull Brooks future replacement out of his ass that would be great
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,166

Post#374 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:48 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:These Donte trades are just too reactionary for my liking. There's nothing stopping the front office from going out and getting a cheap back-up big on a partially or non-guaranteed deal right now.

Ersan
Biyombo
Oturu
Baynes
Boogie
Okafor

I guess, which of those would you feel comfortable playing minutes in a game and the default starting Center if Lopez goes down? I'm not saying we trade DDV now, but if he has value at the deadline it might make a lot of sense. Worst case scenario im more inclined to have hill as the starting PG then Ersan as our starting center. IDK we are really weak at the book ends.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#375 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:53 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:These Donte trades are just too reactionary for my liking. There's nothing stopping the front office from going out and getting a cheap back-up big on a partially or non-guaranteed deal right now.

Ersan
Biyombo
Oturu
Baynes
Boogie
Okafor

I guess, which of those would you feel comfortable playing minutes in a game and the default starting Center if Lopez goes down? I'm not saying we trade DDV now, but if he has value at the deadline it might make a lot of sense. Worst case scenario im more inclined to have hill as the starting PG then Ersan as our starting center. IDK we are really weak at the book ends.

Biyombo is the move for me

Can protect the paint and at least stop the bleeding for awhile, especially in non Giannis minutes when Bucks are getting killed

Coming up on 20 games into the season, it's time for them to make a move as Brook does not appear to be coming back soon
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,838

Post#376 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Ersan
Biyombo
Oturu
Baynes
Boogie
Okafor

Can protect the paint and at least stop the bleeding for awhile, especially in non Giannis minutes when Bucks are getting killed

Coming up on 20 games into the season, it's time for them to make a move as Brook does not appear to be coming back soon

The offense struggled to score 100, now imagine it with Biyombo. That's not the answer.

Focus the defense on stopping the ball better, which leaves us in better rebound position. That's the longterm answer.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#377 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:36 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I guess, which of those would you feel comfortable playing minutes in a game and the default starting Center if Lopez goes down? I'm not saying we trade DDV now, but if he has value at the deadline it might make a lot of sense. Worst case scenario im more inclined to have hill as the starting PG then Ersan as our starting center. IDK we are really weak at the book ends.

The offense struggled to score 100, now imagine it with Biyombo. That's not the answer.

Focus the defense on stopping the ball better, which leaves us in better rebound position. That's the longterm answer.

Bucks are missing 20-25 points a night without Middleton

He's back on Wednesday

Good defense creates offensive opportunities
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,652

Post#378 » by raferfenix » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Do we think Portis should not / will not be a longterm starter alongside Giannis?

My impression has been that Bobby took the huge discount in part because we offered him both the longer term deal we can offer this next offseason as well as a more significant role as Lopez goes out to pasture.

But maybe that's not right.

Portis of course is still highly valuable as a super-sub and that very well might be the most we indicated he'd get here minutes-wise.

Of course there is a difference if we are looking for a backup caliber 5 to fill in (like Biyombo or Ersan or whoever) vs if we need a more substantial piece to replace BroLo now as well as for seasons to come.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,631

Post#379 » by PG Graveyard » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:26 pm

Bring back Ersan. At least we know that dude will play physical and make a jumper once in a while.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,652

Post#380 » by raferfenix » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:06 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Free John Wall.

I wonder if Wall is looking at Blake Griffin's move bailing on the Pistons for a contender as something he could similarly follow.

Griffin appears to have been mostly if not entirely forgiven by the talking heads already for so flagrantly dogging it in Detroit.

Wall might not want to give up as much money as he did though.

To Blake's credit, giving up $13.3 million was real money, even in the context of the gargantuan sums he got paid to leave.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks