ImageImage

PG Sixers: Who needs a Nurse when you’ve got a Doc

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Re: PG Sixers: Who needs a Nurse when you’ve got a Doc 

Post#41 » by mediocrityrules » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:57 pm

Couldn't watch the game. How did Gallo look?
Circling calendars since 2021
MiltownMadness
Veteran
And1: 1,073

Post#42 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:58 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:Couldn't watch the game. How did Gallo look?

Homeless version of Mids. Good at passing and knowing where to be, uses his brain to get by like Mids
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,089

Post#43 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:00 pm

Played 9 mins tough to answer wondering how hes feeling i assume he thought he could get some big mins with midds hurt.
Question is is jae worthy getting 30 mins and putting up a goose egg
RW23
Junior
And1: 211

Post#44 » by RW23 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:02 pm

Dame was pretty awesome on D today
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:03 pm

Hwllo shootingtheJ where are you.Hmmm you seem be vanish when your hate mam beas has a +25 n goes 6-8 from 3
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,220

Post#46 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:04 pm

Pats fly by worked!!!
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,796

Post#47 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:05 pm

Might just be me but I don't get why he's playing with Giannis and Bobby in the second quarter.

He's like Toni Kukoc but if Toni was still playing today at 55 years old.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#48 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:09 pm

Daver wrote:Hwllo shootingtheJ where are you.Hmmm you seem be vanish when your hate mam beas has a +25 n goes 6-8 from 3

You want me to bring up that he got worked by Edwards and Maxey the last 2 games?

Single game plus/minus is silly. Dame was +37 today.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#49 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:09 pm

Daver wrote:Hwllo shootingtheJ where are you.Hmmm you seem be vanish when your hate mam beas has a +25 n goes 6-8 from 3

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#50 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:12 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:

You want me to bring up that he got worked by Edwards and Maxey the last 2 games?

Two NBA All Stars. Let's keep it real, they light up everybody. Also, I was at that Wolves game. Edwards wasn't great. Beas did a decent job.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 275

Post#51 » by yb90 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:13 pm

Beasley has been good all year effort wise and his only real defensive issue is lack of size against bigger wings. Hopefully, he will use this year as a stepping stone to get better.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,892

Post#52 » by engelmartin » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:16 pm

Beas is guaranteed to please.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:19 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Two NBA All Stars. Let's keep it real, they light up everybody. Also, I was at that Wolves game. Edwards wasn't great. Beas did a decent job.

Huh worked by edwards unless you think 8-24 is being worked wow dude n maxey put up 30 on holiday so i guess holiday sucks to
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 493

Post#54 » by Ruben Quevedo » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:20 pm

yb90 wrote:Beasley has been good all year effort wise and his only real defensive issue is lack of size against bigger wings. Hopefully, he will use this year as a stepping stone to get better.

I would say by far his biggest issue defensively is he can’t keep anyone in front of him. It seems like everyone turns the corner on him. The effort is there, the foot speed is not.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:21 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:

Single game plus/minus is silly. Dame was +37 today.

Agree with plus n minus but he held his own very well against edwards wtf even the best D guards get lite up by edwards n maxey whats your point he played great today
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,229

Post#56 » by BigO » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:22 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

I know we might be scoring less but the offense being in control and systematic will pay dividends later.. the free flowing bs is good vs the scrub teams but in the playoffs we need to know how to do this higher level stuff.. like... run a play, set a screen, attack a mismatch, cut off a double team... this is what we're seeing now and it will pay big later as we keep working on this and having discipline

Guys were playing streetball with AG, never seen such a clear example of a team winning games purely off talent.

Then you have morons who question the AG firing, it was impossible to make it work. Bucks had no choice, and Doc is basketball Jesus compared to AG

That being said, I think only 10% of GMs pull the trigger on the midseason firing. I am so happy Horst saw what most of us did. His shrewdness is a large reason we have sustained being an elite organization.

There was no bravery firing AG. Keeping him would have been brave, but utterly stupid.

If you don't think that the owners of the Bucks were in Horst's ear, I have a bridge to sell. Add to that the players showing they didn't understand what Griffin was doing, and Horst had absolutely no choice.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:24 pm

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
yb90 wrote:Beasley has been good all year effort wise and his only real defensive issue is lack of size against bigger wings. Hopefully, he will use this year as a stepping stone to get better.

I would say by far his biggest issue defensively is he can’t keep anyone in front of him. It seems like everyone turns the corner on him. The effort is there, the foot speed is not.

Mmm really seems like all god D guru holiday got taken to the cleaners by maxey last year n this year btw n edwards last year n butler n etc.You have a 6'3 SG covering the other teams best guard i think hes holding up fine
MiltownMadness
Veteran

Post#58 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:28 pm

BigO wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Guys were playing streetball with AG, never seen such a clear example of a team winning games purely off talent.

Then you have morons who question the AG firing, it was impossible to make it work. Bucks had no choice, and Doc is basketball Jesus compared to AG

That being said, I think only 10% of GMs pull the trigger on the midseason firing. I am so happy Horst saw what most of us did. His shrewdness is a large reason we have sustained being an elite organization.

There was no bravery firing AG. Keeping him would have been brave, but utterly stupid.

If you don't think that the owners of the Bucks were in Horst's ear, I have a bridge to sell. Add to that the players showing they didn't understand what Griffin was doing, and Horst had absolutely no choice.

Owners are in the ear for every decision a GM makes outside of certain circumstances, that's obvious. Firing a coach midseason when you have championship aspirations is never an easy decision, if you believe otherwise I have a bridge to sell you :wink:
MiltownMadness
Veteran

Post#59 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:31 pm

BigO wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:Greyson Allen leading the NBA in 3 pt %. 49%, just saw that during the suns game

In terms of a three point shooter, I'd take Beasley over Allen every day. The reason?

Beasley has over 100 more three point attempts than Allen, despite playing fewer minutes. Allen has a slow release and Beasley gets it off quickly. So I'll take a somewhat lower percentage and higher volume.

What's baffling is that Beasley has only 25 free throw attempts for the entire season. I'm not sure how that's possible. Grayson Allen has 4 times that many.

It's possible because Grayson commonly drove to the rim and Beasley never does anything besides spot-up shoot, it's pretty obvious
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,251

Post#60 » by midranger » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:47 pm

Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks