ImageImage

Game 77: Raps at Bucks - 4/5/24 - 7:00 - OTA - Giannis/Bev Out

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,431

Re: Game 77: Raps at Bucks - 4/5/24 - 7:00 - OTA 

Post#41 » by rilamann » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:19 pm

I see the Bucks and Giannis are starting to catch some serious heat from the national media.

No matter what you think of Adrian Griffin, firing a 30-13 coach to hire a 15-15 coach is a pretty bad look.

If the Bucks don't turn things around pretty drastically like right now, the national media and fans are going to have an absolute field day on the Bucks and Giannis over the next few weeks and probably into the off season depending on how this thing ends.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,633

Post#42 » by Frank Nova » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:19 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thank God honestly. Watching the team with no lead guard is insanely painful.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#43 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:21 pm

Dame, Giannis, Khris all playing?
If so, I may finally go back to actually watching the game on my TV instead of having it in the background on my laptop off to the side.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,552

Post#44 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:22 pm

Is it the one he had repaired a year or two ago?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,431

Post#45 » by rilamann » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:24 pm

My perception: We can't win a game without Giannis.

Reality: We can't win a game without Dame.

I will admit I was wrong about that one.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,202

Post#46 » by AntetokounmBros » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:35 pm

rilamann wrote:I see the Bucks and Giannis are starting to catch some serious heat from the national media.

No matter what you think of Adrian Griffin, firing a 30-13 coach to hire a 15-15 coach is a pretty bad look.

If the Bucks don't turn things around pretty drastically like right now, the national media and fans are going to have an absolute field day on the Bucks and Giannis over the next few weeks and probably into the off season depending on how this thing ends.

It seems like they lock in a bit more when the media is doubting them, then relax when people respect them... so I'm fine with this. They're best as underdogs.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,239

Post#47 » by FrieAaron » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:51 pm

Underrated benefit of Dame this year has been that even when he's off the spacing he provides Giannis is huge.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,523

Post#48 » by HKPackFan » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:08 pm

I've been OK last couple of games giannis playing big minutes.

Of course health is most important, but I want giannis to get his minutes up in preparation for the playoffs.

VS playing 32 minutes for the entire season and suddenly playing extended playoff minutes and Giannis is heaving on the court.
#FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,744

Post#49 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:30 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
yb90 wrote:This team plays up and down to the competition and lately has not closed well. They need more movement in their offense and if they are not going to post Lopez or use him as a roller then his minutes needs to be reduced based on matchups. It's time for Giannis to lock in as a 5 with Crowder subbing early for Brook instead of Bobby. Let Brook play against the Second stringers more and save him for Embiid and Jokic. The other centers are too quick for him.

Nah. Crowder at the 4 isn't the answer. Middleton at the 4 is.

I'll second this. Dame/Pat/Khris/Giannis and either Beas or Bev at the 2 might be this team's best small-ball lineup. Problem is, it's tough to find enough of a meaningful sample size. 4-man combos of Dame/Beas/Khris/Giannis are +15.2. Dame/Beas/Pat/Giannis groupings are +24.0. They've actually been pretty awesome this season with Giannis-at-Center lineups (+12.3 net-rating), but again, small sample:

https://cleaningtheglass.com/stats/player/96/positions#tab-team_efficiency

Crowder, theoretically, should do a decent job guarding bigger 3s/4s at his spot allowing Gianni to guard whatever goof is playing C for the opposing team. Even a Porzingis or Hartenstein. He's looked...ok...at times but his shooting is too sporadic. Perhaps the "sweet spot" is Dame/Khris/Giannis/Crowder and insert whomever between Bev/Beas/Pat depending on matchup and performance. IDK, that's why I don't get paid for this shyt.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,787

Post#50 » by chonestown » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:33 pm

rilamann wrote:
chonestown wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:I'm gonna be fresh for a deep playoff run while the rest of the board has dead fingers.

Marathon, not a sprint. Good on you, laddie. Someone has absorbed the lessons of Bobby Duvall; frank-ly, you love too see it.

Scottie Pippen said that was the best advice Michael Jordan ever gave him.

No coincidence that the Bulls would win 6 championships in 8 years not long after this.

35 years later Michael Jordan would give this same advice to his son....unfortunately for Scottie Pippen.

Whores, albeit one a Whore with a Hitler mustache.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,744

Post#51 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:34 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Dame needing to go "nuclear" for an entire playoff run is a bit hyperbolic though. Dude doesn't need to be prime Steph and carry the team. He just needs to give you an efficient 25-30 while avoiding those overlapping cold stretches the same time as Khris. The whole "we're 17-2 when Dame scores 30" thing may be simplistic, but that plus our record when he shoots 48% or better or whatever, shows how unstoppable the offense is when both those guys are hitting shots.

We just need efficiency and consistency from Dame. With the occasional "Dame Time" hot streak sprinkled in. We already have Superman on the roster.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,661

Post#52 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:46 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Dame needing to go "nuclear" for an entire playoff run is a bit hyperbolic though. Dude doesn't need to be prime Steph and carry the team. He just needs to give you an efficient 25-30 while avoiding those overlapping cold stretches the same time as Khris. The whole "we're 17-2 when Dame scores 30" thing may be simplistic, but that plus our record when he shoots 48% or better or whatever, shows how unstoppable the offense is when both those guys are hitting shots.

We just need efficiency and consistency from Dame. With the occasional "Dame Time" hot streak sprinkled in. We already have Superman on the roster.

The thing about prime Steph is he literally had the other four players just setting pick after pick for him. If we are going to force the ball to Dame this is what we need.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,236

Post#53 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:56 pm

Giannis and Bev now doubtful.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,124

Post#54 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:59 pm

rilamann wrote:My perception: We can't win a game without Giannis.

Reality: We can't win a game without Dame.

I will admit I was wrong about that one.

when dame sits teams beat us by just letting giannis get his and taking away the rest.

when dame plays the other coaches have to actually coach to beat us. letting dame have his isnt a recipe for success
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,239

Post#55 » by FrieAaron » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:10 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Giannis and Bev now doubtful.

Would love to have the big three able to play at least a few games together running into the playoffs.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,113

Post#56 » by emunney » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:00 pm

rilamann wrote:I see the Bucks and Giannis are starting to catch some serious heat from the national media.

Oh no
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#57 » by Karsenmitsche » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:03 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
Nah. Crowder at the 4 isn't the answer. Middleton at the 4 is.

I'll second this. Dame/Pat/Khris/Giannis and either Beas or Bev at the 2 might be this team's best small-ball lineup. Problem is, it's tough to find enough of a meaningful sample size. 4-man combos of Dame/Beas/Khris/Giannis are +15.2. Dame/Beas/Pat/Giannis groupings are +24.0. They've actually been pretty awesome this season with Giannis-at-Center lineups (+12.3 net-rating), but again, small sample:

https://cleaningtheglass.com/stats/player/96/positions#tab-team_efficiency

Crowder, theoretically, should do a decent job guarding bigger 3s/4s at his spot allowing Gianni to guard whatever goof is playing C for the opposing team. Even a Porzingis or Hartenstein. He's looked...ok...at times but his shooting is too sporadic. Perhaps the "sweet spot" is Dame/Khris/Giannis/Crowder and insert whomever between Bev/Beas/Pat depending on matchup and performance. IDK, that's why I don't get paid for this shyt.

This lineup is going to be needed in long stretches vs Boston and would be a nightmare to defend against. Think the reason we haven't gone to it more is because of Giannis not wanting to play the 5.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,316

Post#58 » by Finn » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:14 pm

Who gives a ****?
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,220

Re: Game 77: Raps at Bucks - 4/5/24 - 7:00 - OTA - Giannis/Bev Out 

Post#59 » by BigO » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:18 pm

"Dame/Beas/Pat/Giannis groupings are +24.0. "

This is why the plus/minus stats are bogus. Does someone actually think playing PC and Beasley together for large amount of minutes in the playoffs is a winning strategy? Now that would be a fire-able offense if Doc did that.

We just saw PC and Beasley start a game together two days ago. Did anyone watch the game? They were 5-22 and torched on defense the entire game. You could pair those two with the BigO and it wouldn't help. Heck, you could even have me as coach and it wouldn't help.

Beasley will play in the playoffs, because of roster construction. But it's not a positive.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,324

Re: Game 77: Raps at Bucks - 4/5/24 - 7:00 - OTA - Giannis/Bev Out 

Post#60 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:45 pm

BigO wrote:Dame/Beas/Pat/Giannis groupings are +24.0. "

This is why the plus/minus stats are bogus. Does someone actually think playing PC and Beasley together for large amount of minutes in the playoffs is a winning strategy? Now that would be a fire-able offense if Doc did that.

We just saw PC and Beasley start a game together two days ago. Did anyone watch the game? They were 5-22 and torched on defense the entire game. You could pair those two with the BigO and it wouldn't help. Heck, you could even have me as coach and it wouldn't help.

Beasley will play in the playoffs, because of roster construction. But it's not a positive.

Good thing nobody actually said this.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks