ImageImage

PG: Bucks Regain Home Court, Whip Boston

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,372

Re: PG: Bucks Regain Home Court, Whip Boston 

Post#401 » by Wooderson » Sat May 4, 2019 8:38 pm

Reddit user with a breakdown of the Giannis foul calls and unsurprisingly almost all are legit

And of course that doesn't touch on possibly missed ones. This is what happens when the refs don't just bite their whistle after a few which often happens.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,957

Post#402 » by Brewhoopfan » Sat May 4, 2019 9:42 pm

Most important development of game 3 for me was the crazy good defensive rotations in the 2nd half. Best of the year IMO. Celts were playing well and making the right pass per usual, but the Bucks were just better. That's probably the hardest pill to swallow for Celtics fans - they played really well and the Bucks were simply better.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,973

Post#403 » by stellation » Sat May 4, 2019 9:54 pm

Prez wrote:Khris better not be hurt
This is not good for my rage

Be chill, Banner. Be chill.
#FreeChuckDiesel
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,631

Post#404 » by PG Graveyard » Sat May 4, 2019 10:05 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I feel like if Middleton was hurt we'd at least know it's a possibility by now.

Yeah and he was cracking jokes post game. Would think the demeanor would be different if he were.

Still flying sky high after that win last night.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,556

Post#405 » by Ill-yasova » Sat May 4, 2019 10:37 pm

stellation wrote:
Prez wrote:Khris better not be hurt
This is not good for my rage

Be chill, Banner. Be chill.

Sun’s going down big guy.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,252

Post#406 » by Matches Malone » Sat May 4, 2019 10:43 pm

Saw this on Reddit. :lol:

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,744

Post#407 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat May 4, 2019 11:13 pm

Strange that Game 4 is on Monday night instead of tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,847

Post#408 » by Ayt » Sat May 4, 2019 11:26 pm

Wooderson wrote:Reddit user with a breakdown of the Giannis foul calls and unsurprisingly almost all are legit

And of course that doesn't touch on possibly missed ones. This is what happens when the refs don't just bite their whistle after a few which often happens.

Unfortunately, the second play doesn't show the replay. I knew it would be a long night on the general board when a Boston mod was whining about that obvious foul even after the replay had been shown. Ojeleye clearly hit Giannis on the forearm on that play on the replay. It wasn't even debatable.

People also complain constantly about plays like this. Look at Tatum's awful positioning. Horford is also badly out of position. Tatum should have gotten in front of Giannis immediately to cut off the driving lane. When Giannis drives, Tatum, while out of position, puts a forearm into him and even swipes at the ball and catches arm at the end, and is still upset about the call. If he had faced up and cut off the driving lane right away, Giannis likely just passes it and the Bucks run their usual offense against a set Boston defense.

https://youtu.be/AcUl4W4gjzM?t=97

"Giannis just barrels into the lane!11!11!" Duh, look at the defenders.

Tatum has been one of the worst offenders for Boston when it comes to playing defense with his hands/forearms instead of his feet this series.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,553

Post#409 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 4, 2019 11:56 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:I feel like if Middleton was hurt we'd at least know it's a possibility by now.

Still flying sky high after that win last night.

Same. It's completely made my weekend.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,641

Post#410 » by Frank Nova » Sat May 4, 2019 11:57 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Celtics got 15 FT's in the 4th compared to our 5. We had 36 FTA's for the game and they had 34. If they're really gonna start trying to play the ref card, then you know that they're already mentally shook.
Just saw your post, couldn't be more accurate. The foul disparity only seemed bad in our favor because we got our calls throughout the game. Lame ass Boston fans want to cry about all the calls slow the game down but that **** 4th qrtr was about 35mins real time because of the relentless calls they got in their favor. The refs are the only reason they lost by 7 and not 27 so every Boston fan world wide can eat a big fat dick.

Mentally shook is an understatement. After game 1 they thought this series was gonna be fun because the dancing and celebrating and overall control of the game. They forgot that Giannis is a serial killer cut from Kobes cloth of relentless heart and effort. Kyrie is cut from Lebrons cloth that when its good its fun and dance but when its bad its doom and gloom immediate turmoil. And just like Lebron, Kyrie will do whatever he possibly can to not take the brunt of the blame. Its pathetic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,754

Post#411 » by yannisk » Sun May 5, 2019 12:05 am

I hope I am wrong but next game Celtics will be allowed to foul with impunity
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,553

Post#412 » by ReasonablySober » Sun May 5, 2019 12:05 am

My thing with the calls is yea, we got a good whistle. But it's ENTIRELY because they pack the lane with three to four, sometimes five guys, and they're all swiping at the ball. If that's the defense they're sticking with, Giannis is gonna pick up a boatload of foul calls.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#413 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun May 5, 2019 12:20 am

The Celtics had the strategy of fouling every time down the floor and just seeing how many the refs call, turns out they've been calling a lot and rightfully so.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,789

Post#414 » by Pachinko_ » Sun May 5, 2019 12:21 am

Two words gentlemen: Mike Budenholzer.
What was Boston's biggest weapon against us? the Horford/Kyrie P&R. Where was it last night? Gone, disappeared, shut down completely. For the longest stretch Boston was reduced to Kyrie circus shots, and most of them were attempted at the worst possible angles with Giannis/Pat/Eric flying over him like bats from hell LOL

I don't know exactly what Bud does to this team but he definitely sees the game much clearer than me. He's got some secret sauce.
TaterTots
Junior
And1: 103

Post#415 » by TaterTots » Sun May 5, 2019 12:46 am

so whats our record now when both giannis and hill play

got to be around 40-4 or something of the sort
TaterTots
Junior
And1: 103

Post#416 » by TaterTots » Sun May 5, 2019 12:47 am

we win monday this thing is over wednesday. nothing would be more glorious than ending their season in milwaukee
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,859

Post#417 » by TroyD92 » Sun May 5, 2019 1:11 am

Kyrie looked pretty good with Lebron dictating the game and receiving all of the attention, but Kyrie Irving isn't a superstar like a lot of people thought. He's always been pretty overrated but this series makes it really easy to see for me.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,240

Post#418 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sun May 5, 2019 1:26 am

TroyD92 wrote:Kyrie looked pretty good with Lebron dictating the game and receiving all of the attention, but Kyrie Irving isn't a superstar like a lot of people thought. He's always been pretty overrated but this series makes it really easy to see for me.

He takes so many bad shots it's gotta drive Stevens nuts. Especially the long fade-aways just ewww.

Great offensive talent but he really doesn't add much outside of that.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Post#419 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun May 5, 2019 1:39 am

PintSizedBox10 wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Kyrie looked pretty good with Lebron dictating the game and receiving all of the attention, but Kyrie Irving isn't a superstar like a lot of people thought. He's always been pretty overrated but this series makes it really easy to see for me.

He takes so many bad shots it's gotta drive Stevens nuts. Especially the long fade-aways just ewww.

Great offensive talent but he really doesn't add much outside of that.

Plus, a volume scorer was the last thing BOS- who thrived on unselfish, team basketball- needed. The only thing that could spoil that team is a guy like kyrie, who dictates if you win or lose according to the night hes having shooting.
They dont need kyrie going 8-22 when every other starter is shooting 50% or better.
I get you need a “star” and a guy who can create for himself, but not if that guy cant reign himself in and make smart decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,208

Post#420 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun May 5, 2019 1:43 am

My best answer is that Irving was elevated to superstar talent because of lebron taking away pressure. But could part of it be the wear and tear? It’s been too long but I feel this isn’t the same Kyrie.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks