ImageImage

NBA Draft Lottery Thread - 7:05pm CT Tonight! (ESPN)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,042

Re: Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thread - 7:05pm CT Tonight! (ESPN) 

Post#421 » by HurricaneKid » Sat May 23, 2015 4:00 pm

CaptainAwesome wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:If the Lakers hire Thibs or another power coach who can recruit, and give that coach some personnel say, I don't see them making tons of stupid moves and signings.

Draft Okafor, do everything to recruit LMA and Dragic. Then sign the bandwagon three and D guys. That team could be 50 wins next year if they could pull that off.

Think Kobe and Thibs can coexist? I would fear Kobe going Spree on him at some point.

I don't think LMA or Dragic are even "visiting" the Lakers. I'm almost certain Dragic is resigning in Mia as they gave 2 #1s for a guy then didn't make the playoffs.

Okafor will be a HUGE negative on the floor next year. He might be good in 4-5 years but he is a LOoooong ways from that now.

I'd set the O/U for the Lakers next year at ~27.5. And I'd take the under. NEXT year is the year they make a run at FAs because I don't think they can get ANYONE outside of the guys no one should really want.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,984

Post#422 » by machu46 » Sat May 23, 2015 4:46 pm

CaptainAwesome wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:If the Lakers hire Thibs or another power coach who can recruit, and give that coach some personnel say, I don't see them making tons of stupid moves and signings.

Draft Okafor, do everything to recruit LMA and Dragic. Then sign the bandwagon three and D guys. That team could be 50 wins next year if they could pull that off.

Think Kobe and Thibs can coexist? I would fear Kobe going Spree on him at some point.

I actually think they'd be a good match. I think Kobe would like how hard Thibs pushes his players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,304

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thread - 7:05pm CT Tonight! (ESPN) 

Post#423 » by RRyder823 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:48 pm

machu46 wrote:
CaptainAwesome wrote:

I actually think they'd be a good match. I think Kobe would like how hard Thibs pushes his players.

Don't you get the narrative? Kobe is a selfish premadonna that alienates teamates and coach's and nobody wants to play with him and he shoots to much and is one of the most overrated players ever and all the evidence backs it up....... Outside of the five pieces of jewelry of course
Buckrageous
Starter
And1: 665

Post#424 » by Buckrageous » Sat May 23, 2015 9:06 pm

Those 5 pieces of jewelry werent won recently and he wont be winning any more in the future. Hes like Jordan on the Wiz at this point.
Buckrageous
Starter

Post#425 » by Buckrageous » Sat May 23, 2015 9:14 pm

The Lakers arent automatically going to turn things around just because they are the Lakers. I remember when the Knicks were set up the sign 2 max FAs and the were goi g to get Lebron and everyone wanted to play in the mecca of basketball. They ended up with a broke down Amare and they've been sucking. I see the same fate for the Lakers. They have a hill to climb and they arent getting up it in one offseason.
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#426 » by Buck Dweller » Sat May 23, 2015 11:25 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
machu46 wrote:
CaptainAwesome wrote:

Don't you get the narrative? Kobe is a selfish premadonna that alienates teamates and coach's and nobody wants to play with him and he shoots to much and is one of the most overrated players ever and all the evidence backs it up....... Outside of the five pieces of jewelry of course

He might be selfish and he is bad now, but he is certainly not overrated. If anything, he's underrated. He was one of the greatest scorers to ever step on the court.

Sent from my iPod touch using RealGM Forums
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,304

Post#427 » by RRyder823 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:00 pm

BucksIn6ix wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
machu46 wrote:

He might be selfish and he is bad now, but he is certainly not overrated. If anything, he's underrated. He was one of the greatest scorers to ever step on the court.

I agree
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,984

Post#428 » by machu46 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:56 pm

He's only overrated by the small niche that believe he's close to as good as MJ was.

He's still somewhere around the 8-12 range of all time probably (just guessing off the top of my head).

bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#429 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:20 pm

BucksIn6ix wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
machu46 wrote:

It's easy to get your points when you put up 25-30 shots a game to go with getting calls from the zebras 10 times a game.
Buck Dweller
Starter

Post#430 » by Buck Dweller » Sun May 24, 2015 4:57 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
BucksIn6ix wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:

It's easy to get your points when you put up 25-30 shots a game to go with getting calls from the zebras 10 times a game.

Career totals /game: 25ppg, 55%TS, 7 FTA

Now lets compare that to a player who gets praised and receives no talk of being a chucker:

Tim Duncan- 19 PPG, 55% TS
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,841

Post#431 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Kobe's problem on this board is that he keeps on playing these past four years, when he's lost much of his game. So people assume 2014 Kobe equals 2002 or even 2007 Kobe. They were different players.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,307

Post#432 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun May 24, 2015 9:23 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Kobe's problem on this board is that he keeps on playing these past four years, when he's lost much of his game. So people assume 2014 Kobe equals 2002 or even 2007 Kobe. They were different players.

I actually give him credit for playing this long. It doesn't take away from what he did in his prime. People like to dog Jordan because of what he did with the Wizards but his greatness was only further cemented (as if it wasn't already) by the fact that he was 38, 39, 40 years old putting up 20 points per night. Find me another guard in the history of the league who could do that.

In my opinion, Kobe can only help his legacy by continuing to play "past his prime". Compare him to, say, Tracy McGrady. McGrady was better than Kobe when looking at their respective peaks. But factor in longevity and there is no comparison who was the greater player over their careers.
Read on Twitter
bucksbrewers3
Starter

Post#433 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:57 pm

BucksIn6ix wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:
BucksIn6ix wrote:

Now lets compare that to a player who gets praised and receives no talk of being a chucker:

http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXbXXbryanko01.html
20 shots per game for Kobe

http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXdXXduncati01.html
14 shots per game for Duncan

True shooting doesn't even matter if you chuck or not. The shots per game do. Kobe shoots a lot to get his points
Buckrageous
Starter

Post#434 » by Buckrageous » Sun May 24, 2015 11:28 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
BucksIn6ix wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:

True shooting doesn't even matter if you chuck or not. The shots per game do. Kobe shoots a lot to get his points

Dont you think it would be more difficult to keep up efficiency when taking more shots?
Buck Dweller
Starter

Post#435 » by Buck Dweller » Mon May 25, 2015 1:05 am

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
BucksIn6ix wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:

^ What Buckrageous said.

Kobe shot 55%TS on 20 shots.

Duncan shot 55%TS on 14 shots.

Kobe held the same efficiency on more shots. I don't really understand your point.
bucksbrewers3
Starter

Post#436 » by bucksbrewers3 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:42 am

BucksIn6ix wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:
BucksIn6ix wrote:

^ What Buckrageous said.

Kobe held the same efficiency on more shots. I don't really understand your point.

My whole point on Kobe was never about him being efficient or not my whole thing what I originally said was its easy to score a lot when you shoot a lot. To me he's a chucker. Any player that shoots that much is a chucker IMO regardless of how efficient they may be.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,789

Post#437 » by Treebeard » Mon May 25, 2015 2:49 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Kobe's problem on this board is that he keeps on playing these past four years, when he's lost much of his game. So people assume 2014 Kobe equals 2002 or even 2007 Kobe. They were different players.

I actually give him credit for playing this long. It doesn't take away from what he did in his prime. People like to dog Jordan because of what he did with the Wizards but his greatness was only further cemented (as if it wasn't already) by the fact that he was 38, 39, 40 years old putting up 20 points per night. Find me another guard in the history of the league who could do that.

In my opinion, Kobe can only help his legacy by continuing to play "past his prime". Compare him to, say, Tracy McGrady. McGrady was better than Kobe when looking at their respective peaks. But factor in longevity and there is no comparison who was the greater player over their careers.

I'll disagree with that idea. Better to leave too early, than stay too long - for me anyway. It's football, but the analogy is the same principle - go out at your peak, like Jim Brown & Barry Sanders. Leave people remember what you are, not what you used to be.
Buck Dweller
Starter

Post#438 » by Buck Dweller » Mon May 25, 2015 2:53 am

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
BucksIn6ix wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:

^ What Buckrageous said.

My whole point on Kobe was never about him being efficient or not my whole thing what I originally said was its easy to score a lot when you shoot a lot. To me he's a chucker. Any player that shoots that much is a chucker IMO regardless of how efficient they may be.

I thought "chucking" was throwing up and missing a lot of shots, not just taking a lot. I thought throwing up and making a lot of shots was not chucking, thats just scoring. How is a player supposed to score a lot of they don't take a lot of shots?

emunney
RealGM
And1: 38,035

Re: Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thread - 7:05pm CT Tonight! (ESPN) 

Post#439 » by emunney » Mon May 25, 2015 2:53 am

ElPeregrino wrote:

The difference between Jordan with the Wizards and Kobe now is that Jordan was still a good player. Kobe probably still would be, but he tore his Achilles and thinks he can shoot his way around it. Seemed like he was playing more for the all-time scoring title than for his teammates.

I do think Kobe is an all-time great player, but certainly not a first tier guy as I could name 10 guys I'd rather have in as many seconds. Certainly in rarefied air though.
Buck Dweller
Starter

Post#440 » by Buck Dweller » Mon May 25, 2015 2:54 am

BucksIn6ix wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:
BucksIn6ix wrote:
^ What Buckrageous said.

I thought "chucking" was throwing up and missing a lot of shots, not just taking a lot. I thought throwing up and making a lot of shots was not chucking, thats just scoring. How is a player supposed to score a lot of they don't take a lot of shots?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks