ImageImage

Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Ted Davis moves back to Texas pg 20 

Post#421 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:09 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
FlagsFlyForever wrote:There is no way I'd put the Bucks broadcasters near the bottom of the league but I'm also not as down on Lisa or Zora as other people.

Lisa is fine but I think her biggest weaknesses are she doesn't have great chemistry with Marques (though it did noticeably improve later in the season) and she doesn't understand the NBA all that well. Both should improve as she gains more experience. Zora is 28 with virtually no play-by-play expedience. She will get better.

My biggest hope is that we are willing to move on from Bardo and try to find another B team color commentator. Novak didn't work. Bardo didn't work. Keep trying to find somebody. Marques is 66 and he doesn't live in Wisconsin.

I wonder if they should go after someone with Bucks ties, like a Glenn Robinson, for example to be the 2nd color guy

I’m not suggesting Glenn, but someone like him

Scott Williams would probably be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Redd would be incredible.

Have no clue if he'd be interested, but he seems to have a very good relationship with the organization
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Ted Davis moves back to Texas pg 20 

Post#422 » by LittleRooster » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:25 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
FlagsFlyForever wrote:There is no way I'd put the Bucks broadcasters near the bottom of the league but I'm also not as down on Lisa or Zora as other people.

Lisa is fine but I think her biggest weaknesses are she doesn't have great chemistry with Marques (though it did noticeably improve later in the season) and she doesn't understand the NBA all that well. Both should improve as she gains more experience. Zora is 28 with virtually no play-by-play expedience. She will get better.

My biggest hope is that we are willing to move on from Bardo and try to find another B team color commentator. Novak didn't work. Bardo didn't work. Keep trying to find somebody. Marques is 66 and he doesn't live in Wisconsin.

I wonder if they should go after someone with Bucks ties, like a Glenn Robinson, for example to be the 2nd color guy

Michael Redd would be incredible.

Have no clue if he'd be interested, but he seems to have a very good relationship with the organization

That’s a good call

Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#423 » by Mtsportsfan » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:54 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Mtsportsfan wrote:Please no Zora , absolutely horrible . let her do some high school games , then some college. I don't get how some people think she is even okay. I guess to each his own , but you would think as a professional franchise that they couldn't do better. Really miss Davis !

Think Zora is good. My issue (sexist) is that her voice is so damn soft, sometimes hard to hear what she's saying. Prefer a Kent Brockman voice for PBP.

That said, wouldn't worry about Zora. ESPN will come calling soon enough for a full time national gig. She's crazy talented.
I could see a sideline gig but not a play by play. Can't see her being crazy good , maybe crazy bad , but to each his own .
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,087

Post#424 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:24 am

Curious if Jeff Levering would leave the Brewers and jump on the TV gig if offered. I know he does some college b-ball in the winter. Feel like a brewers radio guys, besides Uecker obviously, seem to bolt after a couple years.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,222

Post#425 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:08 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:Curious if Jeff Levering would leave the Brewers and jump on the TV gig if offered. I know he does some college b-ball in the winter. Feel like a brewers radio guys, besides Uecker obviously, seem to bolt after a couple years.

Levering is doing 100 TV games this year and the rest radio. BA said in a radio interview last week that he was happy to become the backup TV guy so "it could allow them to retain Levering". Sounded like Levering would have left but stayed due to being offered the main TV gig.

BA will be doing Thursday-Sunday games starting in mid June.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,846

Post#426 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:34 am

LittleRooster wrote:

I don't need my B commentator to have Bucks ties, he just needs to be knowledgeable. Move Ben Brust over from radio.

Lisa remains a disaster. Zora is awesome in her role.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,964

Post#427 » by buckboy » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:57 pm

Brust is terrible in my opinion.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#428 » by Perishable517 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:05 pm

I listen to a lot of radio broadcasts of the Bucks. The current guy has most definately found his stride as the season went on. Different than Ted, but I think he is just as good.

I look forward to hearing his games in the playoffs.

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,178

Post#429 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:22 pm

LittleRooster wrote:Scott Williams would probably be good

I remember scott williams being pretty bad. But it looks like had some experience since he was last here? Thought he was here like five years ago?

Post-retirement
Subsequently, Williams accepted the Cavaliers' offer to become a color commentator for the team's telecasts on FSN Ohio, beginning in 2005–06, and working alongside Michael Reghi. After two seasons, on 20 October 2007, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported he would join the Milwaukee Bucks' commentary team.[10] Besides doing pre and post-game analysis for home games, he also called some games while a popular emailer on the Tony Kornheiser radio show.

In 2008, Williams became a color commentator for another former team, the Phoenix Suns, broadcasting with Tom Leander and Gary Bender.

During the 2012–13 season, Williams was an assistant coach for the Idaho Stampede in the NBA Development League.

Prior to the 2013–14 season, Williams was hired as an assistant coach for the Milwaukee Bucks under Larry Drew.

As of the 2014-15 season, Williams serves as the analyst for Grand Canyon Antelopes men's basketball games on Cox7 Arizona, alongside play-by-play announcer Barry Buetel.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,098

Post#430 » by emunney » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:23 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:Scott Williams would probably be good

I remember scott williams being pretty bad. But it looks like had some experience since he was last here? Thought he was here like five years ago?

Post-retirement
Subsequently, Williams accepted the Cavaliers' offer to become a color commentator for the team's telecasts on FSN Ohio, beginning in 2005–06, and working alongside Michael Reghi. After two seasons, on 20 October 2007, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported he would join the Milwaukee Bucks' commentary team.[10] Besides doing pre and post-game analysis for home games, he also called some games while a popular emailer on the Tony Kornheiser radio show.

In 2008, Williams became a color commentator for another former team, the Phoenix Suns, broadcasting with Tom Leander and Gary Bender.

During the 2012–13 season, Williams was an assistant coach for the Idaho Stampede in the NBA Development League.

Prior to the 2013–14 season, Williams was hired as an assistant coach for the Milwaukee Bucks under Larry Drew.

As of the 2014-15 season, Williams serves as the analyst for Grand Canyon Antelopes men's basketball games on Cox7 Arizona, alongside play-by-play announcer Barry Buetel.

Scotty W has voice immodulation disorder.

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,342

Post#431 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:52 pm

Just heard Ramie Maklhouf is leaving the fan again. Anyone hear the reason? I feel like he and Bart Winkler have the two best shows in Milwaukee.

One thing I appreciated about Ramie was the fact that he was a realistic Chicago fan. Not obnoxious but also didn’t just lap up the local teams. Bummer
Do it for Chuck
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#432 » by LittleRooster » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:29 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Just heard Ramie Maklhouf is leaving the fan again. Anyone hear the reason? I feel like he and Bart Winkler have the two best shows in Milwaukee.

One thing I appreciated about Ramie was the fact that he was a realistic Chicago fan. Not obnoxious but also didn’t just lap up the local teams. Bummer

My guess is he goes to The Score

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,087

Post#433 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:22 am

Did it ever come out why Krause left the Bucks gig? Choice, forced out? Ted got attention but always enjoyed him as the sidekick at home games.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#434 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:00 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Did it ever come out why Krause left the Bucks gig? Choice, forced out? Ted got attention but always enjoyed him as the sidekick at home games.

I don't recall anything official. He recently ended hosting his Roundtable sports show on Spectrum so maybe he's retiring? His recent tweet mentioned being let go but he's probably referring to his gig as sports reporter/sports director on Channel 4

Read on Twitter
MVP2110
Head Coach
And1: 3,137

Post#435 » by MVP2110 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:20 pm

It's crazy reading through this thread to see how nobody can seemingly agree on whose a good announcer. Fwiw I really enjoyed Lisa, especially as the season went on. Bardo was awful but I imagine it's hard to find someone talented to be a backup pxp person, but hopefully they try someone new there. Zora is good on the sideline but was terrible as a pxp. She's much better than Telly was, but not on that Katie George level yet. Marques is obviously great. For the radio I heard the same about Ted refusing to get vaxxed and so the Bucks sort of pushed him into "retirement". I thought Koehn was good, not on Ted's level but for the few games I listen to on the radio he was solid, Brust was a fine #2 radio guy when on
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,423

Post#436 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:45 pm

“I have no idea how TNT is going to respond,” Barkley added of the meeting. “I don’t even know if they’ll let me do it. I might have to resign from TNT.”

“Some type of broadcasting would be fun,” Barkley told SiriusXM about potentially working with LIV Golf. “But if I’m gonna have to lose TNT and lose my sponsors, it will have to be something crazy numbers-wise. I’m taking this meeting, I got no idea what Greg’s gonna say to me, but if I’m going to lose TNT and my commercials, it will have to be a ridiculous number for me to move on.”

Would be a bit of a bummer to lose Chuck, and to LIV of all places.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#437 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:53 pm

I like Barkley and don't want to lose him on basketball but he'll definitely go to the highest bidder.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,856

Post#438 » by TroyD92 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:00 pm

I thought Chuck was retiring from TNT anyways?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#439 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:11 pm

TroyD92 wrote:I thought Chuck was retiring from TNT anyways?

I don't recall seeing/hearing that
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,409

Post#440 » by M-C-G » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:I thought Chuck was retiring from TNT anyways?

I don't recall seeing/hearing that

I thought I heard last year, that this next season was going to be his last, but wouldn't shock me if it is all just negotiations.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks