PG: Bucks Regain Home Court, Whip Boston

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Re: PG: Bucks Regain Home Court, Whip Boston 

Post#441 » by BUCKnation » Sun May 5, 2019 9:59 am

th87 wrote:Game 4:

- Refs will allow tackling Giannis and will probably call offensive fouls if he gets into extended post-ups; he'll want to pass to an open shooter if he doesn't have an immediate path to the basket. Hope they're ready.
- I'm betting they bring Smart back. Need to weather the energy.

Could definitely see Giannis getting a bad whistle next game after all this crying. Also, Smart isn't coming back this series, think its a ploy to delay the inevitable. He just started doing jogging like last week.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,723

Post#442 » by th87 » Sun May 5, 2019 10:04 am

BUCKnation wrote:
th87 wrote:Game 4:

- Refs will allow tackling Giannis and will probably call offensive fouls if he gets into extended post-ups; he'll want to pass to an open shooter if he doesn't have an immediate path to the basket. Hope they're ready.
- I'm betting they bring Smart back. Need to weather the energy.

Could definitely see Giannis getting a bad whistle next game after all this crying. Also, Smart isn't coming back this series, think its a ploy to delay the inevitable. He just started doing jogging like last week.

Hope so, but:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,403

Post#443 » by rilamann » Sun May 5, 2019 10:13 am

Celtics are now 2-13 against playoffs teams other than the Oladipo-less Pacers since the all star break. Not going to go Paul Pierce and say that it's over but I think the Bucks are really close to breaking the Celtics spirit if they haven't already. The harsh reality that they can't hang with a focused aggressive Bucks team for 48 minutes is probably starting to set in and the only way they can avoid a 7th game in Milwaukee is if they beat the Bucks 3 in a row.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,377

Post#444 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 5, 2019 11:12 am

I read the Smart stories in depth yesterday. When they implied he’d be practicing, they meant he’d be in the same gym with the team. He still hasn’t done any action going against other players. Seemed like he’d need to start at three on three, then four on four, etc

Again I don’t see either Brogdon or Smart playing in this series.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,526

Post#445 » by LedZepp007 » Sun May 5, 2019 11:15 am

Really don’t want Smart to come back in Game 4. He’s a Bucks killer.

On the other hand, his offense is pretty terrible, so it might be OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,781

Post#446 » by Pachinko_ » Sun May 5, 2019 11:38 am

Ok let me explain what happens if you play Giannis 1-1

Boston is a slow pace, low scoring team. In the play offs against good defenses like Indiana and Bucks they average 104 points and give up only 85 possessions to the opponent. So you need to generate 105 points out of those 85 possessions to beat them.

Giannis currently averages 17 FGs. He only takes 17 because he passes a lot, but if he sees only one guy guarding him he will attack way more. I'd say at least 25 times, minus a couple of charges and turnovers, lets say 21 FGs. And there will be no BS three pointers when you guard him 1-1, these will all be drives to the rim where he averages 57%. If you add his usual free throws that's 35 points for Giannis, but that's based on his average minutes of 32 per game. If he plays 39 minutes like he did last game in Boston everything goes up proportionately, and then you're looking at 42 points from him only.

That leaves 64 field goals for the rest of the team, and we know 40% of them will be threes. If you add their usual free throws, it means they need to be collectively kept at 37% from the field for the Bucks to score under 104 points and lose the game.
And best of luck with that, even Sterling Brown shoots 41%.

Khris/Bledsoe/Lopez/Connaughton/Hill are all around 50% since the play offs started, only Mirotic is 43% because he had those crappy games coming back from injury. You try to keep ALL of them to 37% and inevitably at least one of them will get hot and torch you. Like I said, good luck with that :D
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#447 » by Whiteman » Sun May 5, 2019 12:22 pm

Giannis won't be shooting 57% at the rim if they guard him one on one. He'd have 20 points in the first 6 minutes.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,781

Post#448 » by Pachinko_ » Sun May 5, 2019 12:32 pm

Whiteman wrote:Giannis won't be shooting 57% at the rim if they guard him one on one. He'd have 20 points in the first 6 minutes.

Yeah I'm kinda taking the conservative scenario LOL

The reality is even if they try it, after the first 3-4 dunks they'll change it up immediately. Coaches, players and fans, we're all equally conditioned to think of the dunk as the ultimate defeat of the defense. And mathematically it kind of is, it's the highest percentage shot.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#449 » by WRau1 » Sun May 5, 2019 12:33 pm

If Horford would get 2 quick fouls trying to guard Giannis 1 on 1, the game would get out of hand pretty quickly.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#450 » by glenn » Sun May 5, 2019 12:58 pm

TaterTots wrote:Image

remember meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and yes this is going to give away who i am to some people. what up.

Wow. You sure showed them.
:reporter:
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,953

Post#451 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun May 5, 2019 1:59 pm

rilamann wrote:Celtics are now 2-13 against playoffs teams other than the Oladipo-less Pacers since the all star break. Not going to go Paul Pierce and say that it's over but I think the Bucks are really close to breaking the Celtics spirit if they haven't already. The harsh reality that they can't hang with a focused aggressive Bucks team for 48 minutes is probably starting to set in and the only way they can avoid a 7th game in Milwaukee is if they beat the Bucks 3 in a row.

To add to that, it seems this season's Celtics start to implode when the chips are down. Keep the hammer down.
Cythaps
Senior
And1: 414

Post#452 » by Cythaps » Sun May 5, 2019 2:05 pm

To be fair, I laughed with the Giannis Attemptafreethrow nickname.
pack15412
Senior
And1: 285

Post#453 » by pack15412 » Sun May 5, 2019 2:12 pm

TaterTots wrote:Image

remember meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and yes this is going to give away who i am to some people. what up.

Hey! You're the guy who googled how to screenshot before taking that screenshot!
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,814

Post#454 » by AussieBuck » Sun May 5, 2019 2:24 pm

heh, the Boston mod who was being a **** -wit earlier in the series actually played that quite well. I loled.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks