Official #2 Pick Thread - DRAFT WEEK - Ford: Wiggins at #2

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,418

Re: Official #2 Pick Thread - DRAFT WEEK - Ford: Wiggins at  

Post#61 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Interesting blurb from Ford about Embiid maybe having other issues.

Ford: The Celtics, like everyone else, are still gathering medical info. Sources say that the foot and back fractures aren't the only issues with Embiid's physical. There are several other issues that need to be addressed. Something they see in the next four days could scare them away.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#62 » by SkilesTheLimit » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:12 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I had thought this (below) was a rumor that we started here. But evidently is the truth.

I have to admit, I do like the fact this guy wants to be here. Speaks volumes as to organizational culture change.

Chad Ford: One source said he thought Parker "tanked" the workout.

Why? A source says he strongly prefers to play in Milwaukee. The Cavs appear to be aware of this. "Jabari wasn't himself," one source said. "It was clear we weren't his first option."

Not hard to believe. I think it speaks less to our culture change (remember he's comparing us to Cleveland) and more to the fact he's closer to home (ailing father), possibly sold on Milwaukee by Coach Wojo, and the glut of SF/PF hybrids on Cavs roster.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,991

Post#63 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:13 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I had thought this (below) was a rumor that we started here. But evidently is the truth.

I have to admit, I do like the fact this guy wants to be here. Speaks volumes as to organizational culture change.

Why? A source says he strongly prefers to play in Milwaukee. The Cavs appear to be aware of this. "Jabari wasn't himself," one source said. "It was clear we weren't his first option."

My guess is that Jabari is as excited about our new ownership as we are.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,187

Post#64 » by Matches Malone » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:14 pm

Can someone with insider post the chad ford mock draft with both rounds?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,409

Post#65 » by M-C-G » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:14 pm

chonestown wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
chonestown wrote:Eff a psychological profile that doesn't measure the alpha dog coefficient and it factor variables.

I've seen this thrown out as a joke so many times out here, but it doesn't dismiss the fact that some players have an element, characteristic, edge or even leadership quality that can help change the culture of a franchise. I for one, value that immensely, after watching years of players with out it, thrust into a leadership role they couldn't earn.

Whether it is Wiggins or Parker, we need someone that is going to lead this team.

It's such a hazy thing to measure. What I do take into account is disciplinary problems, criminal conduct, and other behavioral indicators that can be negatively ascertained. I think a lot of people conflate public relations acuity with personal makeup. The "Andrew Bogut Wears a Suit and Brings a Resume to His Pre-Draft Interview" comes to mind.

Hang on a sec, let me get my dictionary. haha

It can't be measured, it is not quantifiable, it is qualifiable (not sure that is a word). You can't just take the negative end of the spectrum and deny there is a positive end of the spectrum just because you can not measure it.

Anyway, I don't know Wiggins, Exum or Parker enough to make the judgement, but I hope all the interviews, pysch test, etc help this organization boil it down the best talent, and I just hope whichever they are, come with a whole lot of the it factor, edge, competitive streak, alpha or whatever you want to call it.
raws
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#66 » by raws » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:14 pm

Yeah, this jives with what I've heard. Tanking to go to Milwaukee... My man.
[MIKE C]
Senior
And1: 187

Post#67 » by [MIKE C] » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:15 pm

SkilesTheLimit wrote:

Not hard to believe. I think it speaks less to our culture change (remember he's comparing us to Cleveland) and more to the fact he's closer to home (ailing father), possibly sold on Milwaukee by Coach Wojo, and the glut of SF/PF hybrids on Cavs roster.

Yea, there are a lot of reasons for Parker to prefer Milwaukee over Cleveland, but it is still nice to see a player think that way.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#68 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:15 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/481106973081882626[/tweet]

I hope embiid goes to the hornets or kings just piss off his agent
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,352

Post#69 » by crkone » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Being a top dog on a team without one is also a pretty good incentive.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,991

Post#70 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:17 pm

31 Glenn Robinson III Milwaukee Bucks
Robinson would give the Bucks yet another long, athletic player -- this time a player caught between the 3 and the 4. Robinson is another high upside player who could be terrific if he ever gets a jump shot.

36 Artem Klimenko Milwaukee Bucks
Klimenko is an upside pick for the Bucks. Heâ??s got great size, can stretch the floor and is a terrific athlete. He just needs to get stronger and continue to improve the level of competition the plays against.

48 Jordan McRae Milwaukee Bucks
The Tennessee product doesn't necessarily do any one thing great, but he's a jack of all trades who can help Milwaukee immediately.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,228

Post#71 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:18 pm

raws wrote:

Yeah, this jives with what I've heard. Tanking to go to Milwaukee... My man.

Great thing that Dan Gilbert is a weird guy and might like the idea of going after what he can't "have" if they're convinced that Jabari is the better player. Why would Ford mock him #1 in spite of this? Is there more to his bit about Parker going first?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,409

Post#72 » by M-C-G » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:
StikWitEM wrote:
Fresh_Prince12 wrote:Don't want to get ahead of myself but just thinking of Greek freak ooping it to the Canadian overlord is putting a smile in my face.

You mean Maple Jordan?

You've never heard of that name before? I thought everybody knew lord wiggins.

You mean Ender Wiggins?
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,371

Post#73 » by Wooderson » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Avoiding Dan Gilbert is probably priority #1 for any future star. Not only has he been a terrible owner in basketball terms, but the crap he gave LeBron after leaving was ridiculous.
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#74 » by Bfinkish » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:20 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Bfinkish wrote:We wont draft Exum.

New owners want a "name" that everyone knows. They want someone to build around in the marketing department. Not many casual Bucks/basketball fans know Exum all that well. No one every really saw him play.

I would love to have him though. The ones that actually follow the Bucks like this blog, understand how good and exciting he can be. New owners wont have the nuggets to pull the trigger or trade down.

Ideally I would trade #2 to philly for 3 and 10:

#3 Exum
#10 Embiid (Yea, he could slip that far)

No, he won't slip that far. Not a chance.

The marketing team can turn Exum into a name. Pelinka's already doing so with advertisements. Those are really good. Plus, in the NBA players make names for themselves. Last year when Giannis started blowing up, for the national media... he came out of nowhere. Exum at least has a start. People know him in Los Angeles, one of the largest NBA markets. They can get to know him in Milwaukee.

Interesting blurb from Ford about Embiid maybe having other issues.

Ford: The Celtics, like everyone else, are still gathering medical info. Sources say that the foot and back fractures aren't the only issues with Embiid's physical. There are several other issues that need to be addressed. Something they see in the next four days could scare them away.
God is good.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,884

Post#75 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:22 pm

DocHoliday wrote:

My guess is that Jabari is as excited about our new ownership as we are.
I think he fell in love with Kopp's when he was in town.

I kid.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,884

Post#76 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:24 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/481106973081882626[/tweet]

F*ck Embiid and his agent.

Tellem is the one getting all the hate lately. But he works for Embiid. Embiid is the one who's in charge of all these decisions.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#77 » by Treebeard » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:24 pm

Putting on my Captain Renault kepi and blowing with the prevailing wind....

WRau1 wrote:I'd trade Wiggins for the 3 & 10, draft Exum, package 10 and and Knight, Henson....

and trade up for Embiid. Give him plenty of time to heal. I know Lasry said it's very unlikely the Bucks pick Embiid at #2, but lower?

I'd do that (Take Exum with #3) and if you couldn't move above 10, then take Staukas or Gordon.

If the Sixers trade doesn't pan out, I do not do the trade with Orlando even if they were willing.

I'd still like to get Embiid somehow - he's the potential grand slam, so that's the only reason I'd consider passing on Wiggins. For me, Exum & Embiid could be the franchise crowning move. Of course it could blow up in our face.

Still, I can happy with the Bucks picking any one of the four usual suspects.
nikip43
Junior
And1: 18

Post#78 » by nikip43 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:25 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
48 Jordan McRae Milwaukee Bucks
The Tennessee product doesn't necessarily do any one thing great, but he's a jack of all trades who can help Milwaukee immediately.

This is nit-picking but I found it funny. Knowing Hammond's draft history in the second round (get a guy with ONE legitimate NBA tool and let him show that off...at that point he'll either be a part of a trade package for something or be kept if the tool is something they want long term)...this write up on McRae makes it sound like he's one of the few guys in the entire draft that Hammond would never consider.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,613

Post#79 » by tski1972 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:26 pm

how or why is this legal?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,670

Post#80 » by Max Green » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Parker tanked his workout in Cleveland because he wants to play in Milwaukee?

Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus

Return to Milwaukee Bucks