Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36,727

Re: ATL-NBA closing in on new $2 billion TV deals with ESPN, 

Post#61 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:54 am

Continued in the letter to Levenson:

Ferry completed the racial slur be describing the player (and impliedly, all persons of African descent) as a two faced liar and cheat.

WHAT THE HELL.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 38,030

Post#62 » by emunney » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:56 am

DB, you're not a bad guy or anything, but you've got a little Ireland in you. Not in a bad way, but you're the kind of guy who builds airplanes in his spare time, but then the airplanes don't conform to safety regulations. You build unsafe airplanes is what I'm saying. Metaphorically. Because Ireland.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#63 » by emunney » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:04 am

I really feel like I need to get ahold of Danny Ferry's scouting reports. There's a coffee table book in this.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,841

Post#64 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:08 am

There are some heavy power plays going on with the personalities in the Hawks ownership group. if you were really worried about what Ferry said on a call, you call up Ferry and Levenson and talk it over immediately after the call rather than going to talk to a federal judge and anti-discrimation figure to ostensibly "learn" whether Ferry's comments would offend African Americans, so you can put said findings in a letter that you know would be discoverable later.

Not defending Levenson or Ferry, but there is a lot more here for a good reporter to sort out in addition to the surface story.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#65 » by cinematographer » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:13 am

What's even the implication with Deng? Unless it's widely known in NBA circles that all of his charitable work is the front of a world-spanning cocaine ring...
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#66 » by H2tObes » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:19 am

What a circus
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,856

Post#67 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:41 am

Ferry pretty much described himself from the 12-13 deadline with us. Lied and cheated Hammond out of Smith.
Go Bucks!
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#68 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Sep 9, 2014 5:05 am

emunney wrote:I really feel like I need to get ahold of Danny Ferry's scouting reports. There's a coffee table book in this.

"Greg Stiemsma is a solid rim protector but may fall victim to the distractions of supper clubs & fishing trips".
emunney
RealGM

Post#69 » by emunney » Tue Sep 9, 2014 5:08 am

TONY PARKER

+ Scoring at the rim
+ Decision making

- Probably shows up at your home uninvited and mows the lawn with his shirt off
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 12,106
Location: Pants-based solutions for today's highly charged environment

Post#70 » by chonestown » Tue Sep 9, 2014 6:11 am

emunney wrote:
chonestown wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Roundball Rock was the only thing people who want the NBA on NBC care about.

Roundball Rock is small tubers next to the blotter-soaked rambling of the World's Tallest Deadhead.

This may be the greatest post in the history of mankind.

http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2005/01/league-of-his-own.html

Adam (Burlington, VT): Bill - Thanks for taking our questions! I just want to see the big man's view on the Steve Nash for MVP talk...Does he have a chance at the MVP against a guy like Duncan or KG?

SportsNation Bill Walton: (3:37 PM ET ) Steve Nash right now IS the league's MVP. They never lose when he plays ... they never win when he doesn't play. There is no greater evidence for what makes the league's MVP. Steve Nash reminds me so much of what happened to me early this week in Memphis for MLK Jr. celebrations. As I was leaving Graceland on my pilgrimmage to see Elvis the song Graceland by Paul Simon -- who is already in the Hall of Fame of everything, particularly life -- he is just like Steve Nash. Paul and Steve, small in stature, but huge in persona. They make all others play their game with vision, imagination, creativity, peak performance and the courage to stand up to the biggest bullies in the land.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
chonestown
General Manager

Post#71 » by chonestown » Tue Sep 9, 2014 6:15 am

Stephen Jackson:
Positives: Championship pedigree
- Can thrive in smallball situations
- Does not lack for confidence

Negatives: Confidence may lead to megalomania
- Wack series of mixtapes
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
chonestown
General Manager

Post#72 » by chonestown » Tue Sep 9, 2014 6:18 am

Adrian Peterson
Positives: Top-level agility
- Steady locker room presence
- Tremendous size/speed ratio
Negatives: Does not play basketball

-DCB
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 967

Post#73 » by vegaspacker » Tue Sep 9, 2014 6:46 am

H2tObes wrote:What a circus

Agreed, and I am not sure of the context either. I know when me and my buddies got together for our fantasy draft a few weeks ago. Some of us made jokes all around... Riley Cooper, Michael Vick, Ray Rice, Johnny Manziel, Josh Gordon, Wes Welker etc...

I see that his comment was a generalization, and that is different. Comedians say what they will with little recourse, yet there are a few remote exceptions.

Maybe he was referring to the fact that Deng doesn't appear to have tats, and that won't fit in the 'dirty south'. Or, that we could find someone 'moar Nascar friendly', mmm yeah I am reaching here.

My point is this, many of the popular mediums make big cash talking 'shiz', and it is okay 'if it is funny to someone' who financially supports it. Yet we impose sensitivity standards to some. I agree that, if someone is affected 'personally', and financially they have been wronged... they are rightfully entitled to due process. Maybe there is a libel/slander issue here, but that is a civil manner.

Last I checked, Luol is on a two year contract at nearly 20 million. I have lots of first name basis friends from Africa: Ethiopia, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Djibouti... etc, this almost borders on Larry Flynt stuff. I doubt that his 'dumb-ish' remarks will actually affect anyone. Insensitive yes, damning and irreprehensible not really. Maybe is possible... if people are influenced by his comment. A circus indeed...

The frosting on the cake is this... I just came back from a convenience store. One of the products I laughed at was "Lil Wayne's Bogey Cigarillos". It's entirely marketed as an object to be used as 'drug paraphernalia', yet it is apparently legal. Naiveté vs reality???

Seems to me like a total cash grab, and little else.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,841

Post#74 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 11:33 am

worthlessBucks wrote:Ferry pretty much described himself from the 12-13 deadline with us. Lied and cheated Hammond out of Smith.

Every permutation of that trade package had us sending the Hawks Mbah A Moute. Obvious now why it failed. 8-)

But on a serious note, Ferry has always been a prick for people to deal with, going back to his days when he refused to play for the Clippers after being drafted #1 overall.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#75 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Sep 9, 2014 12:01 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
worthlessBucks wrote:Ferry pretty much described himself from the 12-13 deadline with us. Lied and cheated Hammond out of Smith.

Every permutation of that trade package had us sending the Hawks Mbah A Moute. Obvious now why it failed. 8-)

But on a serious note, Ferry has always been a prick for people to deal with, going back to his days when he refused to play for the Clippers after being drafted #1 overall.

Actually Chris Vivlamore of the AJC said that was the exact reason the trade never happened, tweeted that last Summer, I could probably find it if I went back far enough.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,779

ATL-NBA closing in on new $2 billion TV deals with ESPN, TNT 

Post#76 » by raferfenix » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:47 pm

The Suns' interest in Zoran Dragic doesn't seem to bode well for them committing to Bledsoe:

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... ther-zoran

Also Goran Dragic announced that he plans to quickly resign with Phoenix next year:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phoenix-su ... 21630.html
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,042

Post#77 » by HurricaneKid » Tue Sep 9, 2014 5:02 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Will be interesting to see how this trickles down to the players.

All of that money is included in BRI (basketball related income) for purposes of the CBA. These figures are even bigger than the ones I had seen projected earlier and 50% of BRI goes directly to player salaries. So we are talking about the cap jumping from 63 to >90mm in two years. This makes sense of some of the silly deals that were thrown out there this offseason. It will also start max 5 year players at 27mm with 7.5% raises. Which means franchise players are going to end up at 36m/ season in the 5th yr of those deals.

How does Bledsoe at 14m sound now?

I thought someone was saying the media deals were going UP 66M/team. Not up TO 66M/tm. That still brings up the cap to >80M but not to 90.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,559

Post#78 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Sep 9, 2014 6:14 pm

Grantland did a ranking of all of the courts in the NBA and the Bucks came in at 18. A great point was made about the logo too though. :D

http://grantland.com/features/nba-court-design-power-rankings/
This is a totally unique court design in today’s NBA. It’s a testament to Milwaukee’s courage that one year in, I still can’t decide if this throwback to the Mecca, with giant “M’s” shaded into the wood on either side of half court, is genius or just busy-for-the-sake-of-busy.

The dark forest green is the best part of Milwaukee’s color scheme — the one that sets it apart from other teams — so it’s good the Bucks have emphasized it after the hybrid blue-green mix of the Ray Allen–Glenn Robinson–“Big Balls” Cassell era.

Can we please dispense with this soulless buck head that looks like it’s engaging in a staredown before eating me and return to the whimsical buck spinning a basketball on its hoof? Would anyone oppose this?
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,309

Post#79 » by FrieAaron » Tue Sep 9, 2014 7:05 pm

Yeah the court would be awesome with old school Bango on it.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 7,163

Post#80 » by Badgerlander » Tue Sep 9, 2014 11:29 pm

chonestown wrote:Adrian Peterson
Positives: Top-level agility
- Steady locker room presence
- Tremendous size/speed ratio
Negatives: Does not play basketball

Forgetting his tweets during the lockout about the NFL being modern day slavery? green font

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks