leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Re: PG: Bucks Steamroll Knicks for 4th Straight 

Post#61 » by leroyjw10 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:26 pm

PANDEMONEUM wrote:important question :

how did Bender look, in his minutes ?

21mins, 0P (0/3), 7R, 2A, 1B

before RoLos good few weeks, i really wanted Bender to get his mins.

I think he fits the big man role on this team really well. Like the Lopii, he knows how to position his body to be a deterrent at the rim. He was only given one block, but felt like he had more and at the very least altered a bunch more.

He's our best passing center by a considerable margin.

He could be more aggressive on offense, but he could also be praised for playing within the offense and staying within himself.

I hope he sticks around. I could definitely see him having a long-term future on this team.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#62 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:28 pm

Bender is going to be a good rotation player at some point. Maybe not for us, but he will be. Understands the game, I just think he's never going to be strong enough to be a good defender, which will prevent him from starter's minutes.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,755

Post#63 » by msiris » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:32 pm

I think Bender has more potential than DJ.
Ride the tank
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,180

Post#64 » by midranger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:58 pm

msiris wrote:I think Bender has more potential than DJ.

I don’t think DJs potential is a thing.

He’s a three year college guy, in his third year in the NBA, has had a developed body from day 1, is about to turn 24 and has played his way fully out of the rotation.

He’s basically John Henson with more competition for minutes.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#65 » by M-C-G » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:13 pm

We are 30 games OVER .500 before the all star break
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,365

Post#66 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:54 pm

Bender is a great fit on offense on this team. His passing and IQ is really good. His shot will space the floor and he knows when to shoot it. I hope he gets more opportunity out there.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#67 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:57 pm

M-C-G wrote:We are 30 games OVER .500 before the all star break

Should be about 47-7 at the break. I mean, they should win the remaining 12, but they probably will lose 1 in there. There will probably be 6-7 teams in the east with 35 losses, thus eliminating them from the conference. That's pretty incredible.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
SickMother
Senior
And1: 610

Post#68 » by SickMother » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:41 pm

BOS, DEN, PHI at home then IND on the road for the last game before the break are the tougher match ups in the next twelve.

I don't know, maybe it's just hard for my subconscious to overcome decades of Bucks teams where mediocrity was the ceiling, but I could see us going 10-2 (or gasp!) maybe even only 9-3 in that stretch.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#69 » by glenn » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:41 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:I think he fits the big man role on this team really well. Like the Lopii, he knows how to position his body to be a deterrent at the rim. He was only given one block, but felt like he had more and at the very least altered a bunch more.

This was my impression as well. There was a sequence in the third where he rotated to three or four different guys with his hands up, making a pretty great wall. He ended up fouling though :lol:
:reporter:
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,850

Post#70 » by TroyD92 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:51 pm

Bledsoe shooting 40% from three over the last ten games, 36% for the year.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,191

Post#71 » by wallus » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:53 pm

I laughed so hard when Giannis got Mitchell to bite on the 3 and he jumped into him. Man how far he has come.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#72 » by truly » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:57 pm

SickMother wrote:BOS, DEN, PHI at home then IND on the road for the last game before the break are the tougher match ups in the next twelve.

I don't know, maybe it's just hard for my subconscious to overcome decades of Bucks teams where mediocrity was the ceiling, but I could see us going 10-2 (or gasp!) maybe even only 9-3 in that stretch.

Actually we should be the favorites for every single one of those games.9-3 will be a big disappointment.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
askdavescat
Senior
And1: 43

Post#73 » by askdavescat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:18 pm

Please pardon a dumb question, but does anyone know who the middle-aged blonde woman is who is always sitting right behind the Bucks bench?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#74 » by M-C-G » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm

askdavescat wrote:Please pardon a dumb question, but does anyone know who the middle-aged blonde woman is who is always sitting right behind the Bucks bench?

Pretty sure that is Suki the head trainer
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#75 » by HKPackFan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 pm

buckboy wrote:
emunney wrote:Thon is a doofus for asking for a trade off this team. He'd have gotten that sweet success run-off cash, all the oats he could ever need. Now he's going to get lured into a Philippine glue factory with a two year contract at Barangay Ginebra San Miguel.

Eh, I think he's more of an empty stats guy on a bottom feeder like Rain or Shine Elastopainters.

You guys are generous. I figured he would end up in a Filipino girlie bar as the 3rd act of the midget boxing ring side show.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#76 » by DrWood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:16 pm

M-C-G wrote:We are 30 games OVER .500 before the all star break

We have the third-best winning percentage, all-time. I'll be disappointed if we only win 70 games (the best are 73 and 72 wins).
buckboy
RealGM

Post#77 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:16 pm

SickMother wrote:BOS, DEN, PHI at home then IND on the road for the last game before the break are the tougher match ups in the next twelve.

Right? I mean, they'll lose some games, it's how it works. It's pretty hard to look at any of those games individually and say "yeah, I think they'll lose that one".

They'll be 5 point favorites in all of them.

Edit: I see truly already covered this.

Also, there's only 4 games left that they could be underdogs in (barring injury). @ LAL which they will be dogs in, and @ Denver (2nd of a btob (of course), @ Dallas & @ Philly). I think it'll only be LAL though.
GeoBar
Sophomore
And1: 213

Post#78 » by GeoBar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:19 pm

askdavescat wrote:Please pardon a dumb question, but does anyone know who the middle-aged blonde woman is who is always sitting right behind the Bucks bench?

Laura Tietjen.Senior Physical Therapist.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,804

Post#79 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:08 pm

glenn wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:I think he fits the big man role on this team really well. Like the Lopii, he knows how to position his body to be a deterrent at the rim. He was only given one block, but felt like he had more and at the very least altered a bunch more.

This was my impression as well. There was a sequence in the third where he rotated to three or four different guys with his hands up, making a pretty great wall. He ended up fouling though :lol:

Like others have said, he still needs to get stronger, but he's smart, and the foot agility that made him a lottery pick is very evident.

I also like that he's not a 1 scheme asset like the Lopii. We could go switchable and he'd be an asset too.

Offensively, he is already better than Robin even when Dragan misses every shot. He can pass and execute a dribble handoff. We can actually play our offense.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks