Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#61 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:50 pm

soxperry wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:

No DDV is by far

Don't believe in stats eh?

Didnt watch the playoffs, huh?

can i draw conclusions on giannis using your formula? at least ddv was basically a rook
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,732

Post#62 » by machu46 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:54 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
buckbeer wrote:Maybe there is still hope for our former 1st rd pick DJ Wilson, I won't be surprise that he is a better player than Pat this season. As a 6'10" big, DJ will probably get more PT along with Portis to replace the departure of Ersan and Robin.

D.J.Wilson's offseason workout a couple of weeks ago

Is it just me or, at the 6-minute mark, are they intentionally having him practice a double dribble?

Yeah that’s for sure a double dribble. I think it’s just to test his ability to control the ball/quickly transition into his shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#63 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:03 pm

BucksFanSD wrote:You guys will hate me for saying this but I say just play DJ consistently during the regular season. What is there to lose. We know we need more athleticism and quickness at that spot, and we likely get exposed in the playoffs again being slow. Give him every chance to gain back the confidence he lost. It's another make or break contract year for him.
I'm not a DJ fan.

With that being said, I never especially grasp the evaluation of bit players in the "just keep shooting" Bud era. Wood and DJ and Sterling and Pat and Thon and Donte looked like great supporting pieces when they were 2/3 from deep and terrible when they went 0/4.

From what I can recall, DJ had like four great games and then he went cold for two weeks and we all decided he sucks again. I liked his lateral quickness at least. But the story of the 2019 Bucks was "too many good players" even before Niko and Pau. Ersan had to get minutes. Then Robin. Maybe he can play. Who knows really?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,905

Post#64 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:16 pm

DJ is a spaz. He's got an issue with nerves. I've got money on him to be the first player ever to throw a wide-open 24-footer all the way over the backboard. I would be much more optimistic if he would just calm down and shoot. He has the same issue with being way too excitable when he's finishing at the rim too. Maybe he should take a xanax before every game. On the other hand, that might take away the frenetic energy that occasionally makes him a good defender in the right match-ups.

All that said, I want the Bucks to play him anyway. I've had my fill of regular season success and I don't care if he loses them a few games. I want entertainment and there's a non-zero chance he helps them eventually if he gets some minutes under his belt.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 1,001

Post#65 » by Bucksmaniac » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:16 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Prez wrote:So how low is Myles Turner’s trade value? Lowe mentioned it’s probably not very high, Indy reportedly threw him + a 1st + another rotation player on the table just for the right to overpay Hayward. I’m not that high on him but if we can get him for not that much he’d be a pretty decent long term Brook replacement

I don't want Myles on his contract , his is too slow guarding the P&R and his shot seems broken.
We should even clear more salary from the C position to only Minimum guys ... and hey I think I would even prefer Bledsoe as a 6th man payed 17M than having Brook, Portis and Wilson payed 20 Million Dollars

PS I really like the person Brook Lopez , BUT I really hate when people get paid and underperform by huge margin ... I mean we
got Brook on the minimum, he played an exceptional year, hey I believed he was more valuable than Khris at that moment, and he got paid to keep playing that way (well deserved) and he bricked the whole Mil City last season, like really ? you are a 31% 3pt shooter ?
I hate the lazyness or whatever it is that gets into players after they get paid ... To a veteran like Brook, this is not excused at all, to a kid being payed for a first time , not excused , but I understand it . This should never had happened to Brook. If he continues this way , by midseason I would trade him for a wing to add shooting for sure.

If missing shots were due to laziness, you should be livid at how Giannis has regressed in FT percentage since signing his last contract. Please know that is not a good basketball take.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#66 » by Perishable517 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:31 pm

BucksFanSD wrote:You guys will hate me for saying this but I say just play DJ consistently during the regular season. What is there to lose. We know we need more athleticism and quickness at that spot, and we likely get exposed in the playoffs again being slow. Give him every chance to gain back the confidence he lost. It's another make or break contract year for him.
I agree with this.

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,115

Post#67 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:50 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:DJ is a spaz. He's got an issue with nerves. I've got money on him to be the first player ever to throw a wide-open 24-footer all the way over the backboard. I would be much more optimistic if he would just calm down and shoot. He has the same issue with being way too excitable when he's finishing at the rim too. Maybe he should take a xanax before every game. On the other hand, that might take away the frenetic energy that occasionally makes him a good defender in the right match-ups.

All that said, I want the Bucks to play him anyway. I've had my fill of regular season success and I don't care if he loses them a few games. I want entertainment and there's a non-zero chance he helps them eventually if he gets some minutes under his belt.

i say play him... you just described a young giannis in alot of ways. we can always pick up next years marvin midseason and probably will anyway. the outside chance he shows something could also make him a small trade chip in some way too. he is our largest expring if nothing else
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,652

Post#68 » by raferfenix » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:54 pm

Hoping DJ gets it together reminds me of John Henson talking up his 3-ball and playing significant minutes for a few games before we dealt him.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,262

Post#69 » by Sigra » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:03 pm

If Craig can play some PF then DJ will not play when game is close. If Giannis, Lopez, Portis and Craig are healthy offcourse.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,838

Post#70 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:18 pm

soxperry wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:

No DDV is by far

Don't believe in stats eh?

He was awesome in the elimination game, and was a net positive overall.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,905

Post#71 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:39 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
soxperry wrote:

He was awesome in the elimination game, and was a net positive overall.

2nd-best net rating on the team, right behind Brook. Those were the only two Bucks with a positive net rating, which is pretty hard to do considering the Bucks lost by nearly 7 ppg on average.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,196

Post#72 » by Matches Malone » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:21 pm

We play the Pelicans on the 18th.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,717

Post#73 » by LuessiT » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:39 pm

For those thinking we can dump DJ cheap:

Read on Twitter

That's former Herd legend Tucker.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,574

Post#74 » by zimpy27 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 pm

Connaughton and DJ are making 10m next season..
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#75 » by bucksbrewers3 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:52 pm

machu46 wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:
buckbeer wrote:Maybe there is still hope for our former 1st rd pick DJ Wilson, I won't be surprise that he is a better player than Pat this season. As a 6'10" big, DJ will probably get more PT along with Portis to replace the departure of Ersan and Robin.

D.J.Wilson's offseason workout a couple of weeks ago

Is it just me or, at the 6-minute mark, are they intentionally having him practice a double dribble?

Yeah that’s for sure a double dribble. I think it’s just to test his ability to control the ball/quickly transition into his shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone on this board will look great on a highlight video.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,196

Post#76 » by Matches Malone » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,115

Post#77 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:00 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Connaughton and DJ are making 10m next season..

young serviceabIe guys. good saIary sIots and even better if you combine them. soIid Iockerroom guys. no issues with either one if they stay or if they go at that Ievei of pay
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,574

Post#78 » by zimpy27 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:19 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Connaughton and DJ are making 10m next season..

young serviceabIe guys. good saIary sIots and even better if you combine them. soIid Iockerroom guys. no issues with either one if they stay or if they go at that Ievei of pay

Combined they can bring in salary match equivalent to Gay, Mills, Ariza, Redick, Ross
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,838

Post#79 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:27 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I guess he plays hard, but boy is he just not good.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,927

Post#80 » by blazza18 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:28 pm

When have the Bucks signed player(s) for salary slots I wonder?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks