ImageImage

Jabari Thread (Rumors and Smoke everywhere, pg 90)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Re: 105.7FM Jabari Interview - Says wasn't offered 3/$54 

Post#661 » by JustinCredible » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:00 am

steger_3434 wrote:Yeah, I could defiantly see him having depression. The guy only knows basketball and because of injury it was taken away from him for over two years. I’ve battled depression even though most that know me would never guess. I try to be open to everyone’s personal problems. Besides supremeshustle, no ones life is perfect. A lot bashing Jabari I know personally are hardcore liberals screaming for better mental health in this country, yet are bashing Jabari. Like I said, it’s not going to work for him here. It sucks because we aren’t better because of it and neither is he.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Nothing wrong with wanting better mental health and wanting Jabari benched. Not sure why those are mutually exclusive. Look for any excuse you guys want, but Jabari is focused on Jabari and that’s it.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#662 » by TD75 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:01 am

JustinCredible wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Yeah, I could defiantly see him having depression. The guy only knows basketball and because of injury it was taken away from him for over two years. I’ve battled depression even though most that know me would never guess. I try to be open to everyone’s personal problems. Besides supremeshustle, no ones life is perfect. A lot bashing Jabari I know personally are hardcore liberals screaming for better mental health in this country, yet are bashing Jabari. Like I said, it’s not going to work for him here. It sucks because we aren’t better because of it and neither is he.

Nothing wrong with wanting better mental health and wanting Jabari benched. Not sure why those are mutually exclusive. Look for any excuse you guys want, but Jabari is focused on Jabari and that’s it.

Coaching staff is terrible.

Jabari is playing terribly and approached the issue terribly.

I don't get why people are surprised both can coexist. Certainly chances are there is correlation between them and even though in this case correlation may imply causation (terrible coaching staff => Jabari plays badly) it does not mean that the circumstances do not reveal aspects about Jabari's game and personality that the Bucks should take seriously into account.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 948

Post#663 » by Lippo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:18 am

AussieBuck wrote:If I was in town for the playoffs I'd get the closest possible seat and abuse the **** out of Jabari **** that selfish piece of ****. Delly should kick his chubby ass

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

Code Red his ass, lights out in the locker room, bars of soap in a pillowcase....Julius Caesar style...
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#664 » by mke_design » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:21 am

raws wrote:Every single player that has left Milwaukee in the last couple of seasons has improved. Hell, look at Gerald Green right now. Our organization is trash right now. I'd like to see Jabari with a competent coach before we write him off as a bum.

And all of his interviews sound like a young kid just trying to find his way.

Yep, MCW is doing great! Don’t forget about JO! Oh and never forget Bayless, or Mayo, or Brandon Knight. Throw in some Larry Sanders, Miles Plumlee, Epke Udoh, Luc Richard and you’ve got a beautiful turd salad.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
mke_design
Analyst

Post#665 » by mke_design » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:24 am

JustinCredible wrote:

Any chance for a shot at Liberals the...I don’t know what to call them, numb nuts, will use as a good excuse. *note: this isn’t political this is bigotry pertaining to a masked political stance that has no true north or side*

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,884

Post#666 » by VooDoo7 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 am

I don't know whether to feel bad for Jabari, or to be pissed at him. :-?
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#667 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:33 am

VooDoo7 wrote:I don't know whether to feel bad for Jabari, or to be pissed at him. :-?

I'm feeling a bit of both.
#FreeChuckDiesel
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#668 » by har13 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:40 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1498545

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1499021

All the warning signs were right there in plain sight for anyone willing to open their eyes to them.

Too bad SupremeHustle changed that poll. For those with a short memory, there used to be several options. "I'd trade him only for a top ~10-15 player in the entire NBA" got about 80% of the vote.

Thanks God, good you are fine man.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,166

Post#669 » by JEIS » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:46 am

Sweeny is likely the guy who has had it out for Jabari. He pretty much made his system fail, Sweeny and Giannis are boys and that has driven a wedge between he and Giannis. Prunty has gone to Sweeny for advice during the playoffs trying to save his job. Was likely told not to play Jabari, because he is a liability on defense.

The main thing Jabari provides is offensive scoring... If they aren't using him in that way, they aren't using him appropriately.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#670 » by Buck You » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:58 am

Another wasted draft pick

It’s quite comical actually
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#671 » by Coach Carter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 am

With injuries, not being the best player, becoming a liability on the court and being called up on it, Parker simply can't cope and is not thinking rationally at the moment. He is very immature and will regret those comments in 5 - 7 years from now. He is also displaying inauthentic behaviour because he lacks self awareness. He also seems to embrace taking a rebellious stance. He's done with the coaches but there's resentment and jealously towards his teammates which isn't justified. He needs a good talking to. Perhaps even a therapist that has mastered how to talk to people in this kind of head space. Choice of words and tone make all the difference. The coaches aren't expected to be proficient in this area. Off-course it also depends on the individual and maturity levels. Like i said the way jabari is thinking now, he won't be thinking this way 5-7 years from now. Offcourse the bucks can't wait for jabari to mature and assuming he can't comprehend his wrong doings, you have to cut him for the sake of the team. I would make one last attempt though to get through to him. I'm not making excuses but i remember a reporter asked giannis about the difficulties he faces on the court. Giannis responded by saying basketball is not tough, other things are tough. He could be referring to the loss of his father but giannis faced adversities in his life long before he was in the nba. Sure he started playing and training later than most prospects, but through his life experiences, he has been training his mind his whole life and training it to deal with adversities. I don't know parker's whole history but it could be that he has never faced true adversity up until entering the league. In other words this is new to him, leaving him feeling confused. I can relate because, life was smooth sailing for me up until the age of 17 where i became depressed. I'm fine now but at the time couldn't deal nor comprehend what was happening.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,228

Post#672 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:53 am

mke_design wrote:
raws wrote:Every single player that has left Milwaukee in the last couple of seasons has improved. Hell, look at Gerald Green right now. Our organization is trash right now. I'd like to see Jabari with a competent coach before we write him off as a bum.

Yep, MCW is doing great! Don’t forget about JO! Oh and never forget Bayless, or Mayo, or Brandon Knight. Throw in some Larry Sanders, Miles Plumlee, Epke Udoh, Luc Richard and you’ve got a beautiful turd salad.

Luc Richard is a Rocket Man. Rocket, man. Has a +10 net rating & improved on 3s. Ekpe also has a positive net rating, only half of LRMAM's in 12 mpg but it's still a good thing.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,151

Post#673 » by Diggr14 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:18 am

TD75 wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:

I don't get why people are surprised both can coexist. Certainly chances are there is correlation between them and even though in this case correlation may imply causation (terrible coaching staff => Jabari plays badly) it does not mean that the circumstances do not reveal aspects about Jabari's game and personality that the Bucks should take seriously into account.

Dude played 10 minutes in the last game. He is like #5 on the list concerning what is wrong with the Bucks right now.

1. Bledsoe
2. Snell
3. Henson
4. Prunty
5. Bench
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
mke_design
Analyst

Post#674 » by mke_design » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:31 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
mke_design wrote:

Luc Richard is a Rocket Man. Rocket, man. Has a +10 net rating & improved on 3s. Ekpe also has a positive net rating, only half of LRMAM's in 12 mpg but it's still a good thing.

Yeah that still proves nothing to this clowns post. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER...like no...not true even in the slightest.
mke_design
Analyst

Post#675 » by mke_design » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:32 am

Woeful thinks Jabari and Bled are gone next season. Take that for what it is.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,925

Post#676 » by blazza18 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:35 am

The organisation is trash and we've had bad players but, no, not every single player that has left has improved elsewhere. It's quite the opposite actually.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 710

Post#677 » by ColeWorld23 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 am

The Derrick Rose curse
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#678 » by TD75 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:44 am

Diggr14 wrote:
TD75 wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:

Dude played 10 minutes in the last game. He is like #5 on the list concerning what is wrong with the Bucks right now.

1. Bledsoe
2. Snell
3. Henson
4. Prunty
5. Bench

He has played 25 mins in two games. He has scored 2 points in 1/7 shooting and is -29. He was supposed to be a 20 ppg scorer (with no defense) and we can't even keep him on the floor. He is a big problem in those playoffs.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,422

Post#679 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:48 am

Ran a tweetstorm on it earlier, but this feels like a Mark Bartelstein production where he's realizing Jabari isn't going to get a good offer from the Bucks, may not get a good offer from an outside team, so he will have Jabari agitate in the hopes the Bucks do a sign and trade or don't match an offer.

Bartelstein is an excellent agent. Rarely would you see an agent let his client self immolate like this. Realize sometimes agents can't control clients at all. Maybe this is all Jabari, don't know. Just seems like a set up.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,518

Post#680 » by HKPackFan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:09 am

Remember when jabari "allegedly" bombed his pre-draft workout with another team, because he wanted to make sure he ended up in Milwaukee?

I wonder if he's bombing his playoff run to make sure he doesn't end up in Milwaukee.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks