Caron Butler traded to Bucks for Ish Smith and Kratsov

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Re: Caron Butler traded to Bucks for Ish Smith and Kratsov 

Post#721 » by CanadaBucks » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:07 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote: difference of opinion is good right?

Difference of opinion from you, GoS, Jeremy, is fine. But planted stuff from an employee of a company is a different situation. We see it all the time across the internet. XYZ corporation tries to infiltrate web sites, product reviews, etc.

Additionally, the commentary really isn't so much on the fact they do it. If I worked for the team in sales and promotion, I'd talk them up also. The relevant connection is how clumsily they approach it. It just confirms how dysfunctional things are over there, with such dysfunction also present in how they manage the player personnel and coaching/GM situations.

Just as the front office could be better structured and operated, the PR could as well. As I suggested to Duke two months ago, have Jim Paschke post on here direct, have a couple players sign up for accounts, offer up some exclusive content and access to the board, etc. We'd be eating out of their hands.

Heck, just look at Jason Wilde. He puts up four or five complimentary posts on the Packers board and half the crew is starstruck. All the Bucks have to do is win 50 games or show they have a good plan and we'll all be back to talking up the team here.

Yes I know it happens but I just have my doubts where it might happen on a site that might capture 100 people or so but I may be wrong. I was kind of commenting though on how people call the "plants" abusive when I think the door swings both ways. I find a lot of sporting blogs seem to turn to denigration rather that discussion and I find it disturbing. I do agree though that some posting here by Bucks individuals would be welcome
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#722 » by engelmartin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:06 am

I haven't been on here much lately so maybe I missed something, but do we know for sure Duke was a plant? I thought he was just one of those random Bucks optimists. There're a few out there, right?
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,425

Post#723 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:14 pm

CanadaBucks wrote: I just have my doubts where it might happen on a site that might capture 100 people or so but I may be wrong.

As I've noted in the past, some posters here do not realize that this board has a significantly larger number of readers than posters. The reader to poster count will run 30 to 50 times higher during periods of Bucks news such as a trade, opening night, etc. (you can make guesstimates on this with unique IP addresses per hour). The board gets visited all the time by fans who don't want to post or don't want to go through the hassle of signing up along with players, front office, media and agents. To wit Bill Simmons reading here and linking the Tobias Harris trade thread.

Plus much of the local media check in here from time to time to get a pulse on things. Heck, Jim's been reading here for years, sometimes getting material for the broadcast. I've even gotten feedback once where I was told player x handed his phone laughing to player y, noting "Hey, look what those guys on RealGM are saying about you today"

I'm not trying to overstate the impact of the site, but there is a misconception that the only people seeing any of this stuff are those actually posting in a particular thread.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,214

Post#724 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 pm

We had an agent for a player contact us because there were some posts on here that cut/pasted from the players site instead of linking to it. That was 3-4 years ago.'
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,425

Post#725 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:39 pm

And we had an agent have a players friend start offering up unflattering locker-room stories to post on here in order to help get said player traded out of town (and also get his trade kicker). (and no, I'm not naming the people involved, but long-timers here can figure it out).

Usually you can easily see through those with specific spin motives. Some guys we outright toss, others we let go because they generally blend in well and aren't over the top with their agendas.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,401

Post#726 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:45 pm

DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,776

Post#727 » by DanoMac » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Was it really Mike James? How the **** have I not heard about this?
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#728 » by CanadaBucks » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:49 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote: I just have my doubts where it might happen on a site that might capture 100 people or so but I may be wrong.

As I've noted in the past, some posters here do not realize that this board has a significantly larger number of readers than posters. The reader to poster count will run 30 to 50 times higher during periods of Bucks news such as a trade, opening night, etc. (you can make guesstimates on this with unique IP addresses per hour). The board gets visited all the time by fans who don't want to post or don't want to go through the hassle of signing up along with players, front office, media and agents. To wit Bill Simmons reading here and linking the Tobias Harris trade thread.

Plus much of the local media check in here from time to time to get a pulse on things. Heck, Jim's been reading here for years, sometimes getting material for the broadcast. I've even gotten feedback once where I was told player x handed his phone laughing to player y, noting "Hey, look what those guys on RealGM are saying about you today"

I'm not trying to overstate the impact of the site, but there is a misconception that the only people seeing any of this stuff are those actually posting in a particular thread.

Fair enough...my main point was that I don't find these suspected plants any more abusive than bona fide posters.
sneakerdust
Banned User
And1: 101

Post#729 » by sneakerdust » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:51 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98T3PVaRrHU[/youtube]
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,832

Post#730 » by AussieBuck » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:09 pm

The younger guys missed out on Chuck Bell posting before he hit the drink too hard and Bobby Simmons' family member who filled us in on all the crap that went on. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,738

Post#731 » by brettski » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:58 pm

Figured I'd post to reinforce PP25's comments above. I read the realgm forums probably 3 times per day every day. However I'm Aussie so I'm at work during game times and periods of higher activity so I avoid posting. Probably a fair few aussies out there in a similar position.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Post#732 » by TheWig » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:01 am

AussieBuck wrote:The younger guys missed out on Chuck Bell posting before he hit the drink too hard and Bobby Simmons' family member who filled us in on all the crap that went on. :D

What happened with Bobby Simmons?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,832

Post#733 » by AussieBuck » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:02 pm

TheWig wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:The younger guys missed out on Chuck Bell posting before he hit the drink too hard and Bobby Simmons' family member who filled us in on all the crap that went on. :D

What happened with Bobby Simmons?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app

His bro/cousin told us all the behind the scenes drama in the locker room. Same dysfunction as every season except we had a guy who didn't have to worry about being discrete about what he told us as Bobby just wanted out.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks