ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,643

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#81 » by raferfenix » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:36 pm

It seems unlikely that DJ Wilson will be on the roster come playoff time.

He doesn’t have any value but at a baseline some team will likely want to trade a productive player on a longer term deal to cut cap.

Pat Connaughton or Donte or someone else could be included too of course to get a better / higher paid player in return.

Either way Wilson is the most likely to be on the outs considering we just committed a lot to Pat and Donte appears to hold value considering the Kings as well as the Pacers prioritized him in trade negotiations.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#82 » by buckbeer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:15 am

thonnisbeastley wrote:I don't get very hopeful watching him fight for layups over a 5'9" dude, while putting up the flattest 12ft jump shot I've ever seen. If DJ wants to be productive in the NBA, he needs to add 20lbs. Not spastically pump fake and try to dribble around opponents for a floater.

I'm more interested in his 3pt shooting in the workout, because I think his role in Bud's system is more of a stretch 4 and defense.

The Bucks are at the hard cap and only have 4 bigs on contract, and DJ is paid $4.5M this season (more than Portis), they will have to play DJ if they are unable to trade him.

DJ had shown that he can play defense and shoot the 3 in the 2018/19 season, he's a decent defender and hopefully he shoots the 3 much better this season on his contract year.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#83 » by buckbeer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:24 am

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
machu46 wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:
Is it just me or, at the 6-minute mark, are they intentionally having him practice a double dribble?

Yeah that’s for sure a double dribble. I think it’s just to test his ability to control the ball/quickly transition into his shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone on this board will look great on a highlight video.

Wilson's Bucks highlight videos

D.J. Wilson Highlights vs Thunder - 18 Pts, 17 Rebs, 4 Asts

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#84 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:32 am

Preseason, we play 2 home games against Dallas and one road game in New Orleans.

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#85 » by Chad34 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:22 am

Read on Twitter
thrice123
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#86 » by thrice123 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:56 am

I was legit excited when i thought Portis would be taking Ersan's minutes but now am confused with center. Are we really expecting him and/or Patton(if he makes it) to get the minutes behind Brook?

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,294

Post#87 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:41 am

thrice123 wrote:I was legit excited when i thought Portis would be taking Ersan's minutes but now am confused with center. Are we really expecting him and/or Patton(if he makes it) to get the minutes behind Brook?

I believe we will be seeing Giannis get minutes at center as well. Brook will get probably 30-32mpg, so there will be between 16-18 minutes on any given night to split between Giannis and Portis. Portis can get some PF minutes as well alongside Brook or Giannis. I do expect a number of minutes every game to have one center and 4 non-bigs. Holiday, Donte, Middleton, Augustin, Forbes, Craig, Pat, Merril, and Nwora all might see action. Hopefully not all on the same night. And you might see Wilson get some minutes occassionally at PF.

Patton won't make the team. We don't have room right now under the hard cap to add any of the exhibit 10 (training camp) contract guys to the roster. We'll have our 14 players, and then our two two-way players as well (Jaylen Adams and Mamadi Diakite). They might get some minutes as well during the regular season, especially if there are a couple players out due to covid-19 quarantine.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#88 » by MVP2110 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:08 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
thrice123 wrote:I was legit excited when i thought Portis would be taking Ersan's minutes but now am confused with center. Are we really expecting him and/or Patton(if he makes it) to get the minutes behind Brook?

I believe we will be seeing Giannis get minutes at center as well. Brook will get probably 30-32mpg, so there will be between 16-18 minutes on any given night to split between Giannis and Portis. Portis can get some PF minutes as well alongside Brook or Giannis. I do expect a number of minutes every game to have one center and 4 non-bigs. Holiday, Donte, Middleton, Augustin, Forbes, Craig, Pat, Merril, and Nwora all might see action. Hopefully not all on the same night. And you might see Wilson get some minutes occassionally at PF.

Patton won't make the team. We don't have room right now under the hard cap to add any of the exhibit 10 (training camp) contract guys to the roster. We'll have our 14 players, and then our two two-way players as well (Jaylen Adams and Mamadi Diakite). They might get some minutes as well during the regular season, especially if there are a couple players out due to covid-19 quarantine.

With the news that Forbes got the rest of the MLE does that effect their ability to sign a buyout guy at the deadline?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,131

Post#89 » by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Do you guys think we struggle out the gate with all the new additions and not much practice time or you think the core that's still here will be enough to help integrate the guys quicker?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MiCo7
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#90 » by MiCo7 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:52 pm

There really isn't much of an offensive system is there? Spread the floor. With Jrue and DJ im excited to see more 2 man game with them and Giannis.

Defense, I could see the 2nd group struggle but don't see why the first group would.
Matches Malone wrote:Do you guys think we struggle out the gate with all the new additions and not much practice time or you think the core that's still here will be enough to help integrate the guys quicker?

Sent from my SM-T510 using RealGM mobile app
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#91 » by MVP2110 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Do you guys think we struggle out the gate with all the new additions and not much practice time or you think the core that's still here will be enough to help integrate the guys quicker?

I feel like our offensive system is simple enough to atleast pickup the concept pretty quickly. I could see them struggling on the defensive side to start. I fully expect us to lose more games this year but I think we're better suited for the playoffs
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#92 » by M-C-G » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:54 pm

MVP2110 wrote:

I feel like our offensive system is simple enough to atleast pickup the concept pretty quickly. I could see them struggling on the defensive side to start. I fully expect us to lose more games this year but I think we're better suited for the playoffs

Also keep in mind, Bud experiments with line ups a lot early in the season and isn't afraid to stick with horrible looking line ups for extended minutes in order to see if they can figure it out.

That said, we still have the best player in the world and a better starting 5 then last year. So, wouldn't shock me to see us struggle a bit, but I still expect us to win most games on pace with last season.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#93 » by M-C-G » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:56 pm

When we need to close out games, a Jrue, DDV, Craig, Giannis, Brook or Jrue, DDV, Midds, Craig, Giannis (if they have a pick and pop center) are going to be fantastic defensively.
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#94 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:01 pm

Chad34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lopez looking like kid from kid n play :rofl:
slos
Starter
And1: 1,196

Post#95 » by slos » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:01 pm

Why can’t we sign a 15th player? We are 3.5 million under the hard cap. Do people still count by mistake Mirza’s money? I can’t see any other reasonable explanation.
Garden Of Edens
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#96 » by Garden Of Edens » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:05 pm

Honestly unless we’re waiting to trade Wilson at the deadline for someone, we should trade him now to free up space for a back up center like Skal
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,993

Post#97 » by emunney » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:13 pm

Garden Of Edens wrote:Honestly unless we’re waiting to trade Wilson at the deadline for someone, we should trade him now to free up space for a back up center like Skal

I think our only realistic option is to waive and stretch him. It's tempting but ultimately a bad idea imo.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Garden Of Edens
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#98 » by Garden Of Edens » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:20 pm

Lou Williams is rumored to be traded. I’ve wanted him on the Bucks for a long time
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,607

Post#99 » by Frank Nova » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:29 pm

M-C-G wrote:When we need to close out games, a Jrue, DDV, Craig, Giannis, Brook or Jrue, DDV, Midds, Craig, Giannis (if they have a pick and pop center) are going to be fantastic defensively.

Jrue DDV Craig Giannis Brook I could never see closing a game unless it’s a last possession and we need 1 more stop to win and go home. Brook is a dinosaur closer, hack a Shaq took away the only dudes you would want Brook defending, he should only be in there like I said, for 1 last rebound or guarding the inbound. Having Khris on the bench seems overzealous too.

The 2nd lineup is your 1A closing lineup on defense.

I’d rather see DJ Jrue Midds Craig Giannis close most games on any given night. That’s the best balance of offense and defense and no real holes. Craig is short-ish but he can still protect the rim with Giannis. That’d be the weakest spot I guess. But we can exchange 2s for 3s all night....
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#100 » by bucksfansince88 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:31 pm

I hope we add Oladipo go balls to the wall Horst

Return to Milwaukee Bucks