ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 12,114
Location: Pants-based solutions for today's highly charged environment

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#901 » by chonestown » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:29 pm

That's just kinda goofy. Mids came back from the injury, had good durability immediately thereafter and played at a higher level. And it was 8 years ago.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 25,003

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#902 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:35 pm

At some point the "Khris is washed" crowd will finally be right, but until then they'll just keep taking L's and the rest of us can point and laugh. Just like we have the past 6-7 years.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,753

Post#903 » by Frank Nova » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:41 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:At some point the "Khris is washed" crowd will finally be right, but until then they'll just keep taking L's and the rest of us can point and laugh. Just like we have the past 6-7 years.

Never seen a fan base refuse to give someone his flowers more deserving than Khris. Him and Giannis are solely responsible for the entire organizational culture change we hadn’t seen since the Big 3 and even they never got it done. If Khris wins another ring he’s a potential hall of fame candidate being a 2 time champ, multi time all star and franchise cornerstone. It’s been frustrating as fans being left in the dark over his recent injury concerns but the washed up stuff and spewed hatred is completely asinine.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,417

Post#904 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:46 pm

Very few if any have denied Khris's role in revitalizing the franchise. Some of us just knew when the jig was up before others.
Do it for Chuck
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#905 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:48 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Painful to say but Chuck may be right here.

Could I see this team getting it together and winning a title? Yes if a lot of things fall into place. But conversely I can see them getting upset in the first round by an athletic team running them off the floor. Big variance in the floor and ceiling of this team.
Do it for Chuck
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 25,003

Post#906 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:59 pm

Chuck's not wrong with the "athleticism" comment but someone's gonna have to explain to me where all these awesome young athletes were/are on Denver and last year's Miami team and how they were the reason those teams won it all and beat Boston to make the Finals, respectively. This whole obsession with "we need to get younger and more athletic" in order to win another championship still doesn't hold up to historical precedent and evidence. Was fun to see guys like Watson and Braun show out, but up until last night, the whole narrative around Denver's bench was that they were/are pretty awful...
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,561

Post#907 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:08 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Feels like a decade from now, we'll look back and curse the fact Middleton's injuries post 2021 are what sunk the Bucks from getting a 2nd title. He's an absolute mess on the injury front, and we're now in the third year of it costing the team. Not blaming him. It is what it is, but his body isn't made for a long career.

Whenever I think about this, I put myself back in 2013. A time when we had no new arena, no top three superstar and no title. Getting even ONE of those things to happen in the next decade would be a godsend. We got all three.

He's missed 1 full playoff series in his career.

Let's go back further. That hamstring pulled of the bone injury was in 2016 ... he played a lot of games the few years after that but he was either protecting it, in pain, minutes restriction or just couldn't go near his original speed. We're going on 8 years of injuries being a huge issue with missed games, minutes restrictions, missed parts of playoffs or playoff serieses and generally a lot of games where he's in but can't seem to bend his knees or needed a 2nd defender standing right behind him anticipating he'll get blown straight by.

Someone had broken a mirror because think back... it's been 7+ years of bad luck with:
A. man when Khris gets back this is going to be awesome
B. I can't wait til his minutes restriction is over and he can go 30,+ again
C. man just wait til Khris gets back in shape now and can go full speed again and keep up on defense
D. It never actually happens.. he never looks full speed and another nagging injury puts us back at A.
I agree, but I also recognize that despite that, he was the only capable player in last year's playoffs. It's not as black and white as it appears at first glance.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 5,179

Post#908 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:07 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Very few if any have denied Khris's role in revitalizing the franchise. Some of us just knew when the jig was up before others.

There's zero proof of the jig being up. If this was the playoffs, Khris would be on the floor, and he's be kicking butt like he always does in the playoffs. You thought the jig was up last year, and then Khris was our only good player versus Miami. I'd guess you're premature again.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#909 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:12 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Very few if any have denied Khris's role in revitalizing the franchise. Some of us just knew when the jig was up before others.

There's zero proof of the jig being up. If this was the playoffs, Khris would be on the floor, and he's be kicking butt like he always does in the playoffs. You thought the jig was up last year, and then Khris was our only good player versus Miami. I'd guess you're premature again.

I've been told that we missed a title because of Khris's injury in '22 and two years later we're still dealing with issues with him left and right.

He did his part but I think the most shrewd move would've been negotiating a S&T for him this past offseason. If our title chances are reliant on his health we've already lost.
Do it for Chuck
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#910 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:15 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Chuck's not wrong with the "athleticism" comment but someone's gonna have to explain to me where all these awesome young athletes were/are on Denver and last year's Miami team and how they were the reason those teams won it all and beat Boston to make the Finals, respectively. This whole obsession with "we need to get younger and more athletic" in order to win another championship still doesn't hold up to historical precedent and evidence. Was fun to see guys like Watson and Braun show out, but up until last night, the whole narrative around Denver's bench was that they were/are pretty awful...

Athleticism isn't the be all end all for a title team, necessarily but a lot of basketball is matchups. We are the oldest team in the league and it shows. As I said before, given the talent we could feasibly win a title, but also get upset by an inferior team simply because of said matchup. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit hesistant of playing a team like Indy in the playoffs.
Do it for Chuck
emunney
RealGM
And1: 38,035

Post#911 » by emunney » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:16 pm

We'd beat the living **** out of the Pacers in the playoffs. That'd be a rough matchup if Griff was still coaching.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,711

Post#912 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:57 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
He's missed 1 full playoff series in his career.

Let's go back further. That hamstring pulled of the bone injury was in 2016 ... he played a lot of games the few years after that but he was either protecting it, in pain, minutes restriction or just couldn't go near his original speed. We're going on 8 years of injuries being a huge issue with missed games, minutes restrictions, missed parts of playoffs or playoff serieses and generally a lot of games where he's in but can't seem to bend his knees or needed a 2nd defender standing right behind him anticipating he'll get blown straight by.

Someone had broken a mirror because think back... it's been 7+ years of bad luck with:
C. man just wait til Khris gets back in shape now and can go full speed again and keep up on defense
D. It never actually happens.. he never looks full speed and another nagging injury puts us back at A.
I agree, but I also recognize that despite that, he was the only capable player in last year's playoffs. It's not as black and white as it appears at first glance.

I agree.. I still think he can help us if he listens to Doc like the others have.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,780

Post#913 » by raferfenix » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:13 pm

It's a big caveat that the Bucks lack athletic ability *aside from the Greek Freak.*

That said yes having another guy who could bolt up the court and punish teams would absolutely help.

However I could also see Doc getting Dame and Giannis going in transition better as is too.
MiltownMadness
Veteran
And1: 1,405

Post#914 » by MiltownMadness » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:30 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

I agree.. I still think he can help us if he listens to Doc like the others have.

Really going out on a limb there
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#915 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:44 pm

I really hope they try Khris off the bench when he's ready. Makes sense to stagger his and Dame's minutes a bit and also makes sense from the limiting his minutes standpoint.
Do it for Chuck
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 5,179

Post#916 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:02 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:I really hope they try Khris off the bench when he's ready. Makes sense to stagger his and Dame's minutes a bit and also makes sense from the limiting his minutes standpoint.

Less minutes so he's less likely to slip on a wet spot or have KD undercut him?
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#917 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:04 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:At some point the "Khris is washed" crowd will finally be right, but until then they'll just keep taking L's and the rest of us can point and laugh. Just like we have the past 6-7 years.

Never seen a fan base refuse to give someone his flowers more deserving than Khris. Him and Giannis are solely responsible for the entire organizational culture change we hadn’t seen since the Big 3 and even they never got it done. If Khris wins another ring he’s a potential hall of fame candidate being a 2 time champ, multi time all star and franchise cornerstone. It’s been frustrating as fans being left in the dark over his recent injury concerns but the washed up stuff and spewed hatred is completely asinine.

Saying Middleton still might become a Hall of Fame candidate is a new level of delusion that I haven't mastered yet.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,274

Post#918 » by BigO » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:23 pm

I can't figure out what disagreement there is on KM.

1) He is an excellent player when healthy and if he plays this year he is the difference between having a good shot at a title vs. having very little chance.

2) He has been injured quite a bit, much more than other NBA players and it has hurt the Bucks. It isn't his fault, but he seems to have a body that can't withstand the grind.

Can we all just agree to these two things and move on?
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,819

Post#919 » by Profound23 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:25 pm

raferfenix wrote:It's a big caveat that the Bucks lack athletic ability *aside from the Greek Freak.*

That said yes having another guy who could bolt up the court and punish teams would absolutely help.

However I could also see Doc getting Dame and Giannis going in transition better as is too.

If Dame wants to leave this offseason I am trying to get Cleveland involved and take back Mobley/Mitchell if possible in some type of 3 way deal.

Makes Lopez and Middleton easier to trade away. Dame for Mobley/Mitchell. Then trade Lopez/Middleton for picks and a younger PG. Or Dame for Garland/Mobley and trade Lopez/Middleton for a younger wing and picks.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#920 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:32 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:I agree, but I also recognize that despite that, he was the only capable player in last year's playoffs. It's not as black and white as it appears at first glance.

Really going out on a limb there

Because his talent is there but there are still questions lingering on his mindset after seeing him, Dame and Giannis together.

There are open 3 pnt shots available to be made. Beasely missed like 6 and Green missed like 5. Will he stand there where they were and wait for those passes? Will he have the cold, steel nuts to make threes in big games the rest of this year? Do we even need him in the lane trying to shoot 2 point jumpers over 7 footers? Will he defer to Dame down the stretch of games when teams pressure the ball handler and just get open? Will he stay out of the backcourt demanding the ball and just run the play Doc and the PG call? Will he ever set a real screen for Dame and pop for wide open shots instead of Brook taking them? (Bev is like 6-1 and sets better screens than GA and KM). If Dame is 9-10 in a game... Is going to take 16 shots and only make 5 of them again instead of getting the hot player more shots?

I'm not 100% on what KMs 2024 playoff role on this team is but I'd say it's closer to Klay Thompson than Kobe or Lebron.

Imagine once. A utopia where KM has a stat line of.... 29 pnts 10 - 15 FG / 7 - 10 from 3 pnt. Do you think we lose that game or win by 20? Why isn't he bombing 3s? How many turnovers can he get if he waits for Dame and GA to be doubled and bombs a 3? With this team fully healthy he should never have a game where he shoots less than 10 3s. Khris, if you're reading this... I brainwash thee... shooooot 3s ... pleeease.. threeeeeeeees... then after you make a few l, pump fake them midgets in the air and step in for a wide open 2.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks