ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#981 » by FrieAaron » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:55 pm

Wow, based on the thrashing this is getting from gaming critics so far I bet it will only land at like an 85 on metacritic.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,169

Post#982 » by UcanUwill » Thu Aug 6, 2020 9:25 pm

machu46 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Avengers is really sounding pretty lackluster from what I have seen thus far. Those that have played it - impressions?

Was hoping they'd surprise me but that game has looked bad every time I've seen anything about it. Having said that, I'm someone that still enjoys games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance for what it is sooooo yeah.

Live service thing just sounds bad, and SPiderman being PS4 exclusive, stupid... And I hated the look of the game to begin with. Its obviously not part of MCU, but they ripped character costumes right from the movies, so seeing these different people portraying characters we love from the movies, and looking almost the same, but being different actors, it is just so awkward and cheap feeling, its like a bootleg rippoff. Knowing how popular MCU people are, I think they needed to really differentiate here, be closer to comic book, and do not have photo realistic style with face actors, I would have went with something like final fantasy 7 style.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,289

Post#983 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 7, 2020 1:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Whoa.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,794

Post#984 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Aug 7, 2020 1:58 pm

This Aeon Must Die stuff is really disheartening and kind of wild how it played out.

https://gamerant.com/aeon-must-die-developers-quit-studio-state-of-play-trailer/

So basically, a whole bunch of developers quit the studio 2 months ago, and even more have quit since. They've been pursuing legal action on basis of abuse and crunch, but after the PS State of Play yesterday - which featured a trailer apparently developed by a third party because there were no devs to do it - they wanted to go public against the publisher and game.

I'm sure it's not unique (unfortunately), but these allegations for an indie game and studio(s) is a lot more damning than for a big dev. Like, a game boycott on an indie game could be a backbreaker.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#985 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 7, 2020 5:21 pm

Since I can't use the disk drive I'm loving this PSN sale. I sorted the games by $15 and under and picked up

Battlefield 1 - $3
Doom - $6
Injustice Ultimate Edition - $5
Metal Gear Solid V Definitive Edition - $5
Terraria - $10
Alien Isolation - $6

The only higher priced game I picked up was Dragon Quest Builder 2 for $30. I'd been waiting for a sale on it. I think this weekend I'll take the dozens of PS4 disks to Gamestop for cash.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,720

Post#986 » by machu46 » Fri Aug 7, 2020 5:32 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Since I can't use the disk drive I'm loving this PSN sale. I sorted the games by $15 and under and picked up

Battlefield 1 - $3
Doom - $6
Terraria - $10
Alien Isolation - $6

The only higher priced game I picked up was Dragon Quest Builder 2 for $30. I'd been waiting for a sale on it. I think this weekend I'll take the dozens of PS4 disks to Gamestop for cash.

If you have a printer to print the shipping labels, I'd recommend just listing them on eBay instead. I didn't realize how much of a difference it would make until I started selling old games there but I reckon I get at least 10x what Gamestop/Best Buy offer on pretty much every game. I got like $15 for WWE 2K16 which those stores wouldn't even offer me money for lol.

Likewise with NBA 2K20; I saw that it was the free game on PS+ for the month so I sold it on eBay for like $20 and then downloaded the game.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#987 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 7, 2020 5:44 pm

machu46 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Since I can't use the disk drive I'm loving this PSN sale. I sorted the games by $15 and under and picked up

Battlefield 1 - $3
Doom - $6
Terraria - $10
Alien Isolation - $6

If you have a printer to print the shipping labels, I'd recommend just listing them on eBay instead. I didn't realize how much of a difference it would make until I started selling old games there but I reckon I get at least 10x what Gamestop/Best Buy offer on pretty much every game. I got like $15 for WWE 2K16 which those stores wouldn't even offer me money for lol.

Likewise with NBA 2K20; I saw that it was the free game on PS+ for the month so I sold it on eBay for like $20 and then downloaded the game.

Good call. Maybe I'll give that a shot.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#988 » by WRau1 » Fri Aug 7, 2020 9:46 pm

The Avengers beta has been really fun so far and the gear/loot system is surprisingly deep. I like it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#989 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 8, 2020 12:06 am

I've said it before on here over the years, but Fight Night: Champion is the best sports game out there. Came out in 2012. Movie-esque story mode, great legacy mode, great detail to fighters and creator mode, easy to pick up and play controls. I think it's free on GamePass, don't know about the PS4.

But if you wanted to chill and dedicate a week to a perfect sports game, this is it. If you needed another reason to play, the story mode mirrors Gladiator, the early 90s boxing flick. It rules.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#990 » by WRau1 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 4:10 am

Ms. Marvel is stupid good in the Avengers game. She just ranges everything.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM

Post#991 » by WRau1 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:30 pm

I finished the Avengers beta and I had fun. Some of the gear combined with hero abilities seem kind of broken as far as using fast combos to keep on proc'ing certain gear buffs but maybe that was intentional?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,767

Post#992 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I've said it before on here over the years, but Fight Night: Champion is the best sports game out there. Came out in 2012. Movie-esque story mode, great legacy mode, great detail to fighters and creator mode, easy to pick up and play controls. I think it's free on GamePass, don't know about the PS4.

But if you wanted to chill and dedicate a week to a perfect sports game, this is it. If you needed another reason to play, the story mode mirrors Gladiator, the early 90s boxing flick. It rules.

All the “fight nights” were great; educational on the mechanics and history of boxing while being easy to jump in to yet offering a lot of depth. I have no opinion on UFC but when the fighting games shifted from boxing to UFC.. they lost the balance and simplicity that made boxing so pure (meaning that there is a counter for every punch or block.. thats the only thing pure about boxing). Id love a next gen fight night. Probably boxing will never be mainstream enough for anyone to make another one.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#993 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Aug 9, 2020 8:06 pm

Having a lot of fun with Ghost, just haven't been able to play as much as I would like. Also itching for a multiplayer game but I'm totally burned out on Warzone. I downloaded Fall Guys but haven't touched it yet. Anybody here play any MMOs?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,767

Post#994 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Aug 9, 2020 8:36 pm

Reloaded and restarted Red Dead Redemption 2. I never got too in to it the first time around for reasons of busyness. I get the complaints about the slower pace, travel time, and cumbersome mechanics. But man, what an ambitious project and immersive world. Im sure there are bigger open world games, but surely those are outer spacey ones without the need to hold to a historical context. RDR2 is not perfect, but its remarkable in a way few other games ever have been.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,720

Post#995 » by machu46 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 8:55 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I've said it before on here over the years, but Fight Night: Champion is the best sports game out there. Came out in 2012. Movie-esque story mode, great legacy mode, great detail to fighters and creator mode, easy to pick up and play controls. I think it's free on GamePass, don't know about the PS4.

All the “fight nights” were great; educational on the mechanics and history of boxing while being easy to jump in to yet offering a lot of depth. I have no opinion on UFC but when the fighting games shifted from boxing to UFC.. they lost the balance and simplicity that made boxing so pure (meaning that there is a counter for every punch or block.. thats the only thing pure about boxing). Id love a next gen fight night. Probably boxing will never be mainstream enough for anyone to make another one.

There are 1 or 2 boxing games being made right now but they aren’t AAA titles unfortunately. A couple of my friends are extremely excited to see them in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#996 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Aug 9, 2020 10:58 pm

Never played an MMO but thinking of trying Guild Wars 2 tonight, should be interesting.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#997 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:55 am

Mike Tyson wants no part of these hands. Two fights, two knockouts in the first round.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,044

Post#998 » by Ryan5UW » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:32 am

Anyone have, or know much about, 3D printers? I don’t anticipate it would be something I’d use extensively, but there are definitely times when I’d like to be able to make my own random doodad for something around the house.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#999 » by truly » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:55 pm

I am trying to keep my expectations for cyberpunk 2077 low but it's getting harder and harder :)

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,965

Post#1000 » by jschligs » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:26 pm

There hasn't been a game that gets me as hyped as CP 2077 does in a long, long time. I'm honestly tracking to think of the last one that did...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks