ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,969

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#981 » by fansinceforever » Thu May 9, 2024 8:51 pm

Is Brook's value really an already pretty good young player, Steven adams and a 1st Rd pick? I wouldn't think so.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,263

Post#982 » by theFireBlanket » Thu May 9, 2024 9:40 pm

fansinceforever wrote:Is Brook's value really an already pretty good young player, Steven adams and a 1st Rd pick? I wouldn't think so.

Houston wanted to sign him in the offseason. Udoka saw him upclose as competition vs Philly & Boston. After Adams was out with injury that might be a good deal to them.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,455

Post#983 » by Ron Swanson » Thu May 9, 2024 9:47 pm

- Brook for Marcus Smart and possibly a pick
- Brook for Wendell Carter, Cole Anthony, and 2nd's

These are actual trade ideas floated around just in the last couple days by fans/media guys of those respective teams. Keep in mind, a lot of people here thought Brook didn't have much value last offseason, then Houston floated him a 2-yr $40 million offer sheet. Again, if he's moved, I think people are gonna be surprised at how much of a market Brook has, even if they shouldn't be.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,123

Post#984 » by German Athens » Thu May 9, 2024 10:09 pm

emunney wrote:Can we just do the Brook for Adams, Eason, and a 1st part?

That would kick off the off-season so damn well for us. We’d have ample assets to get a perimeter defender, and then probably still have Bobby as a trade chip while your front-court is set up nicely.

You’d be in an advantage situation to get a lot of depth, or get some more future assets.

Mke: Adams, Eason, Caruso
Hou: brook
Chi: pat, #23, Houston 1st

Bobby, marjon, #33, and ‘31 1st still left to make deals.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,089

Post#985 » by Plossum » Thu May 9, 2024 10:26 pm

Why would Houston want Brook? Are they really going to pay him all that money as a backup to Sengun?
#LockUpChuck
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,859

Post#986 » by TroyD92 » Thu May 9, 2024 10:30 pm

Plossum wrote:Why would Houston want Brook? Are they really going to pay him all that money as a backup to Sengun?

Feel like Sengun can easily play the 4.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,455

Post#987 » by Ron Swanson » Thu May 9, 2024 10:37 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
Plossum wrote:Why would Houston want Brook? Are they really going to pay him all that money as a backup to Sengun?

Feel like Sengun can easily play the 4.

Yep, spacing won't be an issue with Brook's shooting either. I think it's also weird that people are just penciling in Sengun as a core guy for them. Their best lineups were with Jabari Smith at the 5 and I think Sengun ends up being their Josh Giddey. Talented dude but just doesn't fit the rest of the roster. He's the guy Houston trades to get the other core guy that fits better with Green/Jabari/Thompson.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,969

Post#988 » by fansinceforever » Thu May 9, 2024 11:00 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:- Brook for Marcus Smart and possibly a pick
- Brook for Wendell Carter, Cole Anthony, and 2nd's

These are actual trade ideas floated around just in the last couple days by fans/media guys of those respective teams. Keep in mind, a lot of people here thought Brook didn't have much value last offseason, then Houston floated him a 2-yr $40 million offer sheet. Again, if he's moved, I think people are gonna be surprised at how much of a market Brook has, even if they shouldn't be.

These look a lot more realistic than most of the ones I'm seeing.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#989 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu May 9, 2024 11:04 pm

If we could get that much value for Brook that'd be awesome.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,833

Post#990 » by Revived » Thu May 9, 2024 11:21 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I'm surprised it was only four. I mean, I didn't think what Bev did was especially heinous, but the NBA is usually pretty heavy handed when it comes to players having conflicts with fans.

The funny thing is if a fan threw something at a player, they would get way more than 4 games. They would be banned for life from the arena and possibly all NBA games.

This league coddles the players way too much. Without the fans and revenue from fans attending and watching the games, the NBA wouldn’t be anywhere close to what it is now.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,263

Post#991 » by theFireBlanket » Thu May 9, 2024 11:23 pm

Revived wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I'm surprised it was only four. I mean, I didn't think what Bev did was especially heinous, but the NBA is usually pretty heavy handed when it comes to players having conflicts with fans.

The funny thing is if a fan threw something at a player, they would get way more than 4 games. They would be banned for life from the arena and possibly all NBA games.

This league coddles the players way too much. Without the fans and revenue from fans attending and watching the games, the NBA wouldn’t be anywhere close to what it is now.

Players aren't insulting fans personally. Its a two way street. We're all humans. If you're out there doing & saying egregious things, eventually its coming back your way.

Fan is lucky it was Bev & not Ron Artest.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,833

Post#992 » by Revived » Thu May 9, 2024 11:29 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Revived wrote:

Players aren't insulting fans personally. Its a two way street. We're all humans. If you're out there doing & saying egregious things, eventually its coming back your way.

Yeah but the response to words said should never be physical assault. Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,915

Post#993 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu May 9, 2024 11:41 pm

We've been pretty unlucky getting Brooks worst matchups in the playoffs. It would be more fun to face Philly and Denver.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#994 » by DingleJerry » Fri May 10, 2024 12:04 am

Revived wrote:

Hard disagree. While of course he should be the bigger man and not throw a ball at the guy since he knows this isthe crap he signed up for, the crap fans are allowed way too much leeway and coddling imo. These are humans, there's no reason to scream and insult them the way they do. I'll never get why attending a sporting event gives a fan the right to act like a complete POS to other people (players, other fans, etc) and to do things that aren't allowed in any other area of society.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,956

Post#995 » by blazza18 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:22 am

Matches Malone wrote:"Windy and I were talking", windy is trolling at this point. There's no coincidence they continually choose Giannis and this weird axe he has to grind is coming off as a weird obsession now.

Read on Twitter

Even without the Giannis of it all this is such a strange segment to have considering the Knicks are two wins away from a conference finals berth while missing 3 rotational guys. How is that not the topic of discussion rather than some made up fantasy?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#996 » by BUCKnation » Fri May 10, 2024 12:43 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:He deseves a couple games for throwing the ball but I'm not sure why the reporter interaction is being cited as part of it. Was he being a dick? Definitely. He deserves the criticism he's getting for it but I didn't know we could use being rude to a reporter as a means for suspension.
Read on Twitter

Yeah, obviously different not including fans, but Murray getting a weak fine for throwing things on the court and ducking any post game press is so soft.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,282

Post#997 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 10, 2024 1:58 am

Sounds like Horst will be here, but never say never I suppose.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,717

Post#998 » by Bernman » Fri May 10, 2024 1:59 am

I can't believe people were still wondering late in the season if we were wrong to trade Jrue for Lillard or practically for anyone who was reasonable, given his playoff failures. Us technically winning the 'ship changed the narrative dramatically. One basket for Brooklyn in regular or OT, or less injuries, and he'd have been viewed as a neutral to moderately negative factor. Smart's rep was mixed, and he played the same defense, w/ a ts% almost 10 better in the playoffs & near the scoring total.

The only things I question is maybe Lillard wasn't the right option age-wise & given the fact that we had to give up picks thru '30. But Lillard's playoff performance gives us a way out that Jrue wouldn't have if we extended him. We're better off making a couple runs w/ Lillard instead of keeping Jrue, and even better off if we use the Lillard asset now to get a younger core.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,089

Post#999 » by Plossum » Fri May 10, 2024 2:05 am

Dame deserves a mulligan on this year. He's good enough to have earned that right. I think it'd be foolish to give up so soon on a guy with his talent.

It's the edges where we need to get better.
#LockUpChuck
MuckyFingers
Junior
And1: 181

Post#1000 » by MuckyFingers » Fri May 10, 2024 2:07 am

$127 million guaranteed for 4 pts in 35 minutes. And there are a lot more Playoff performances where that came from, too.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks