Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,616

Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights 

Post#1 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Sun Sep 2, 2012 9:52 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5jkG2S-aso[/youtube]

In case this was not posted, Tobias still doing work. Still looks athletic as hell and nice touch from mid.
Fed
Junior
And1: 424

Re: Tobias@2012 Nike Pro Highlights 

Post#2 » by Fed » Sun Sep 2, 2012 11:09 pm

What!? Since when could Tobias hit that three? This is good news!
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#3 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Mon Sep 3, 2012 12:36 am

Cool thanks for sharing, I thought the interview in the related vids was pretty nice. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14uLDo0zAI[/youtube]
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#4 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Sep 3, 2012 2:16 am

Uh oh...I might have misjudged this kid.

Oh.....my....goodness... Nice. Real nice. I like what I see here. Just plays with a grace and flow and now a bit of an explosion I did not realize he had.

The jumper he has worked on extending it out to 3pt range. Dare I say it, we might have something here. I am not sure a coach like Skiles can recognize it and utilize it but man he looks great on both ends here.

Has great hands and I love how he runs the floor and fills the lanes. Every Bucks player should look at how this 19 or 20 year plays in gears and can fill the lane and finish.

When he works on his initial handle and first step, and gets a head and shoulder fake to go along with it to throw off defenders, look out.

He has a iso game too which I did not know he had and is able to take some guys off the dribble and post them up and hit from mid-range.

There was one block shot here but he can grasp a team concept on defense and with the shot blockers we have all he has to do is play postional defense and get out on the break if there is a steal or block and get buckets...

After every basket you see his confidence soar. Very very intriguing my friend. Thanks. It will be fun watching him grow. Now only if we can move someone to Brooklyn for Marshon Brooks and I am all good with this team moving forward...
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#5 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Sep 3, 2012 2:27 am

UWM_Brew_Buck wrote:Cool thanks for sharing, I thought the interview in the related vids was pretty nice. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14uLDo0zAI[/youtube]

The kid likes to work work and work. Great to see. One of the things I saw at Tennessee was some babyfat and a body type I thought would not be able to run and adjust to the speed of the NBA.

Now with a full training camp this year as opposed to last year he should really be poised to get some serious burn if the coaching staff likes what it sees.

I remember last year he worked out and then had to sit out a week because he was dehydrated and whatnot. This year it is a complete 360. He is working on agility, core, and explosion and also his shot.

Seasoned Pro's rarely work this hard if they have their spots and contracts sealed. It is good to see Tobias working to prepare for the season. The Bucks have a keeper here.

The jumper looks more fluid and release point is perfectly in sync with the elevation on the shot. One thing I saw too that I liked was the nose for the ball. I saw a few offensive put backs on loose balls and following the shots.

Young people today do not always follow their shots and get the ball back up near the rim off loose ball scrambles like I saw here. Quick reaction, good hands to pick the ball up and then know where you are to go up stong on the putback.

Encouraging.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#6 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Sep 3, 2012 2:36 am

Fed wrote:What!? Since when could Tobias hit that three? This is good news!

If you have the great Dale Ellis tutoring you you have to improve. Dale Ellis and Reggie Miller and Ray Allen and perhaps Brian Winters some of my favorite all time shooters.

Dale played with the Bucks for a year or so didn't he? Ellis was a sniper type jump shooter from long range. He could really light it up...

Keep working with Dale and he will be more then ok.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#7 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Sep 3, 2012 4:15 pm

Carmelo 2.0.

Looks like all that baby fat is gone. He doesn't get much lift on his jumper. But he does have a pretty quick release that may off-set that.

Skiles better get the kid some significant playing time this year!
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#8 » by Wise1 » Mon Sep 3, 2012 11:04 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Uh oh...I might have misjudged this kid.

Oh.....my....goodness... Nice. Real nice. I like what I see here. Just plays with a grace and flow and now a bit of an explosion I did not realize he had.

The jumper he has worked on extending it out to 3pt range. Dare I say it, we might have something here. I am not sure a coach like Skiles can recognize it and utilize it but man he looks great on both ends here.

Has great hands and I love how he runs the floor and fills the lanes. Every Bucks player should look at how this 19 or 20 year plays in gears and can fill the lane and finish.

When he works on his initial handle and first step, and gets a head and shoulder fake to go along with it to throw off defenders, look out.

He has a iso game too which I did not know he had and is able to take some guys off the dribble and post them up and hit from mid-range.

There was one block shot here but he can grasp a team concept on defense and with the shot blockers we have all he has to do is play postional defense and get out on the break if there is a steal or block and get buckets...

After every basket you see his confidence soar. Very very intriguing my friend. Thanks. It will be fun watching him grow. Now only if we can move someone to Brooklyn for Marshon Brooks and I am all good with this team moving forward...

Liked everything you said until you mentioned that scrub Marshon Brooks.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,649

Post#9 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 4, 2012 1:11 am

Good god, please release the Tobes this season.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#10 » by Ayt » Tue Sep 4, 2012 2:10 am

We all know Tobes can Tobes.

D was sick in this game, BTW. They are lucky someone didn't get hurt.
pe_it72
Senior
And1: 83

Post#11 » by pe_it72 » Tue Sep 4, 2012 2:46 am

VooDoo7 wrote:Carmelo 2.0.

Looks like all that baby fat is gone. He doesn't get much lift on his jumper. But he does have a pretty quick release that may off-set that.

Skiles better get the kid some significant playing time this year!

Everyone says Carmelo, I dont think he has as good of a handle as Melo.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#12 » by jr lucosa » Tue Sep 4, 2012 3:14 am

I love what I have seen from Tobes, time to give him real rotation minutes this year.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#13 » by Nebula1 » Tue Sep 4, 2012 11:02 pm

Awesome. Thanks for posting.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks