ImageImage

What Do You Want To Happen With Ellis?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Your Preference on What Happens With Monta Ellis

He is traded by the 12-13 deadline in a win now playoff move
21%
He is traded by the 12-13 deadline for the best possible young asset (pick and/or player)
64%
He is kept past the deadline if the team has a chance at playoffs, and opts out for 13-14
6%
He is kept past the deadline if the team has a chance at playoffs, and opts in for 13-14
5%
He is kept, opts in for 13-14 and is extended as our long-term SG this summer
4%

Total votes: 131

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Re: What Do You Want To Happen With Ellis? 

Post#81 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:02 am

So far 58 out of 67 hard core Bucks fans want him dealt before the deadline.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#82 » by kid idioteque » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:04 am

This is from the Portland board. They seem to be pretty interested in Ellis (even though this has him going to Phoenix). I'd do this deal in a second.

Village Idiot wrote:This trade gives us slight improvement this season without sacrificing the future.

Portland trades:

Wesley Matthews
JJ Hickson

Portland receives:

Marcin Gortat
Jared Dudley

Gortat is a big improvement over Hickson in my opinion on both ends. Watching him run the pick and roll with Lillard would be a thing of beauty. Dudley is a good outside shooter and defender and would do fine playing off Lilliard and Aldridge.

Milwaukee trades:

Monta Ellis

Milwaukee receives:

Wesley Matthews

The Bucks get a better fit next to Jennings and save a bunch of money as well as Matthews makes half of what Ellis does.

Phoenix trades:

Marcin Gortat
Jared Dudley

Phoenix receives:

Monta Ellis
JJ Hickson

The Suns desperately need a marketable go-to guy like Ellis whom I imagine would be a fantastic fit next to Dragic. Hickson isn't as well rounded as Gortat but provides rebounding, effort and occaisional offensive prowess.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#83 » by jr lucosa » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:04 am

I went with young asset, but would easily accept Afflalo.

I think there are few NBA players past their rookie deals who arent superstars that are actually paid what they are worth and Afflalo is one of them. Not only that but he fills a position of need and would presumably fit into this team perfectly.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Post#84 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:07 am

if we cant CLEARLY upgrade ellis then we keep him for now. if we can move him for a #1 then we keep him. if we cant package him for a burks or shumpert or something then we keep him.

what all that means is that were most likely keeping him. theres very few deals out there where we could deal monta for another sg, then improve, and somehow get another team to agree.

we need to keep salary space open to start becoming a facilitator. lots of young talent and alot of salary space is exactly how something huge could pop. we need to be patient. in the meantime we need a sg.... ellis is one.... and theres not a lot of guys out there that are gonna make us that much better. hamilton was a bad matchup for us... but theres alot of teams out there that we are a bad matchup for. lets just let it play out the way its going for now.
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#85 » by RandyBreuer » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:10 am

saw a good one on the trade board some jazz fans are supporting too.

Ellis/Pryz/Daniels-waived for Burks/Bell/Watson
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#86 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:14 am

I like that Portland deal for us and for Portland. For the Suns not so much. I don't think they do it. Portland has to add more.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#87 » by xTitan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 am

diener34 wrote:Jennings - Free Agent
Lamb - Draft Pick/Free Agent or Guy we get from Monta trade
Harris - LRMAM - Draft Pick/ Free agent
Henson - Ersan - LRMAM - Gooden
Sanders - Udoh

That is the core I want to see going into next season. I'm all for Bring MDJ back as well.

Find a coach thats not afraid to run the young guys and let the stellar front court lead the defense.

But if there is a 2 guard with some talent, I say we go after him in a Monta deal.

That is an awful core with very little star potential, perhaps Henson, that is a big perhaps....
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#88 » by Diggr14 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:58 am

Al Horford
Devin Harris
ZaZa Pauch

for

Baddy Jennings
Monta Ellis
Ekpe Udoh
Sam Dalembert
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
diener34
Junior
And1: 66

Post#89 » by diener34 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:59 am

xTitan wrote:
diener34 wrote:Jennings - Free Agent
Lamb - Draft Pick/Free Agent or Guy we get from Monta trade
Harris - LRMAM - Draft Pick/ Free agent
Henson - Ersan - LRMAM - Gooden
Sanders - Udoh

That is the core I want to see going into next season. I'm all for Bring MDJ back as well.

Find a coach thats not afraid to run the young guys and let the stellar front court lead the defense.

But if there is a 2 guard with some talent, I say we go after him in a Monta deal.

That is an awful core with very little star potential, perhaps Henson, that is a big perhaps....

It is solid, though, and there is some financial wiggle room, especially if Gooden would be amnestied. Its kind of the start that a Houston model would need. But honestly after the past 6 seasons I would be just fine with no over priced over the hill volume shooter and an actual core that has more than 1 season to grow together. I acknowldege this probably isn't a team with a playoff run in them, but its a start, and I'll take it. Especially if the alternative is Monta, opting in, which I think it is the reality at this point.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#90 » by Diggr14 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:01 am

Realistically, I dont see any team that is fringe looking to add ellis unless they are dumping a contract with 2-3 years back on us. I doubt we see anything more than a late first back in return in addition.

Personally, I'd do everything I can to move him.. because I think he's going to pull a K-rod on us and everyone expects him to be gone and all of a sudden he changes his tune because he realizes no one is going to pay him. Deal him now, because I can almost guarantee that his option is going to be picked up when he realizes his value is about 6-8M on the open market.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Lucky Striker
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#91 » by Lucky Striker » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 am

I think a team to target who would be willing to add Ellis would be the Wolves. They need to add some firepower at the SG position, they have a desperate GM needing to win to keep his job, and they have some young assets that might turn into interesting players down the line.

I think you could perhaps get Alexey Shved and Derrick Williams for Monta. Unfortunately Williams is another one of those SF/PF tweeners you have an abundance of, but he's talented and young, and may find a place. Shved just looks like a really intriguing young SG that can handle and shoot. Sort of what Rudy Fernandez was supposed to be.
-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#92 » by -Kees- » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:04 am

I wanna trade him for some young talent. That trade to the Jazz for Burks+Watson+Bell (and give Pryz) seems like the perfect sort of deal I would want. And that wouldn't be necessarily giving up our playoff hopes either, especially if Burks can be a consistent player.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#93 » by LUKE23 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 pm

-Kees- wrote:I wanna trade him for some young talent. That trade to the Jazz for Burks+Watson+Bell (and give Pryz) seems like the perfect sort of deal I would want. And that wouldn't be necessarily giving up our playoff hopes either, especially if Burks can be a consistent player.

Yep. Get Burks, draft McCollum and we're two deep at every position with 26 and under assets.

Jennings/McCollum
Burks/Lamb
Harris/Moute
Henson/Ilyasova
Sanders/Udoh
J-Nut
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#94 » by J-Nut » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:22 pm

I just don't understand the infatuation with Alec Burks. While he is young, athletic and has nice size for a SG, he's a project. Do we really need another project? Frankly, I'm tired of projects! IMO we need someone that can contribute right now and in the future. That is why I like Arron Afflalo. He has the size to defend bigger SG's that we're all looking for, he has a much better and consistent shot than Ellis, and he's also still relatively young at 27 years old. Plus a straight up trade of Ellis for Afflalo works. John Hammond drafted Afflalo in Detroit so he is obviously very familiar with him.

I'd also take Matthews for Ellis, but other players would have to be involved and I don't really want to give up anyone else as I really like this team, so that's my only hesitance on making that deal.
It's like butta baby!!!!
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,457

Post#95 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Lucky Striker wrote:I think a team to target who would be willing to add Ellis would be the Wolves. They need to add some firepower at the SG position, they have a desperate GM needing to win to keep his job, and they have some young assets that might turn into interesting players down the line.

I think you could perhaps get Alexey Shved and Derrick Williams for Monta. Unfortunately Williams is another one of those SF/PF tweeners you have an abundance of, but he's talented and young, and may find a place. Shved just looks like a really intriguing young SG that can handle and shoot. Sort of what Rudy Fernandez was supposed to be.

I'd do this so fast.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#96 » by LUKE23 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:30 pm

We're not Afflalo away from 50+ wins and I don't view his contract as an asset, that's my primary reason. If we're landing a prime Brandon Roy type, then sure, I'm good adding a veteran. Otherwise, stay young and keep amassing cheap assets.
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#97 » by JBucks » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:37 pm

I don't do a Jazz deal unless there's a draft pick involved. If Burks doesn't pan out we're looking at getting nothing for Ellis except a small amount of cap space and another worthless season. Burks hasn't been given any opportunities this season so who knows what he's really capable of.
J-Nut
Freshman

Post#98 » by J-Nut » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm just tired of losing and missing the playoffs. Personally I'm fine with 45-50 wins this season and a middle of the pack playoff seeding, as anything can happen once you get in. The young guys that the Bucks have will only get better and 50+ wins in the near future isn't totally out of the realm of possibility.
It's like butta baby!!!!
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#99 » by LUKE23 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:02 pm

JBucks wrote:I don't do a Jazz deal unless there's a draft pick involved. If Burks doesn't pan out we're looking at getting nothing for Ellis except a small amount of cap space and another worthless season. Burks hasn't been given any opportunities this season so who knows what he's really capable of.

He played pretty well on a per minute basis last year. Also, there is a very good chance we get nothing for Ellis anyway. I'd rather cash him in this deadline for the best pick or young asset, over risking him opting out.

J-Nut wrote:I'm just tired of losing and missing the playoffs. Personally I'm fine with 45-50 wins this season and a middle of the pack playoff seeding, as anything can happen once you get in. The young guys that the Bucks have will only get better and 50+ wins in the near future isn't totally out of the realm of possibility.

This isn't the NFL playoffs, so it really isn't "anything can happen".
J-Nut
Freshman

Post#100 » by J-Nut » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm

LUKE23 wrote:This isn't the NFL playoffs, so it really isn't "anything can happen".

That's not true at all, but it's not worth arguing about.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ-iQhaKqBA[/youtube]
It's like butta baby!!!!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks