PG: More blowouts if it means more Lamb

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,996

Re: PG: More blowouts if it means more Lamb 

Post#41 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:06 am

Yeah, you don't win in eye NBA with depth. Knicks had the two best players in Melo and Chandler.

I think the Bulls had the two best players on either team also with Deng and Noah.

Not a coincidence the two playoff appearances in the last nine years came during years Redd (03-04 and 05-06) played as an all NBA third team and ditto for Bogut in 2009-10.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,405

Post#42 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:08 am

Max Green wrote:"We didn't seem to be as prepared as we needed to be" - Scott Skiles

Translation: Fire me. Fire me, please. For the love of god, fire me.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
A Diddy2231
Analyst
And1: 106

Post#43 » by A Diddy2231 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:08 am

Just got back from the game..Couple of highlights

Drunk Bucks fan yelling at "Knicks fans" to go back to NY. Guy stands by walkway for 2 minutes saying Go back to NY about 30 times.

Towards the end..Eric Jensen lets everyone know of the local celebs in the audience. James Jones, Charles Woodson, and Robin Yount. Woodson gets the loudest cheer..I lol'd at that. Packer Country

I also had Hammond stand near me and upon walking into the BMO BC..Gruber was walking out and people were yelling one call that's all in a feminine voice
Johnny wrote:You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#44 » by ReddWing » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:10 am

We were the Central Park jogger this week.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#45 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:18 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I think the Bulls had the two best players on either team also with Deng and Noah.

Maybe the saddest thing I've read this season.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#46 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:20 am

paul wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:I think the Bulls had the two best players on either team also with Deng and Noah.

Don't you agree? I'd take either of those guys in a redraft over anyone on our team.

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#47 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:23 am

Gery Woelfel ‏@GeryWoelfel

Ilyasova, at least, met with media. Jennings and Ellis bolted locker room before media arrived.

Gery Woelfel ‏@GeryWoelfel

Ersan Ilyasova on playing a mere 13 minutes vs. Knicks: "i'm upset. I'm definitely upset."

I thought Ersan was sick though. Maybe Skiles did too. I don't know.

Embarrassing game. Not a single big man showed up. They should all be embarassed.

Jennings is hobbling so I give him a free pass. Ellis was the only guy who could get a bucket at times.

Overall terrible game though. Completely disjointed. Need Moute back badly.

Our chemistry is about to be tested.
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#48 » by JBucks » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:23 am

Why did we call Yi's bluff and not Noah's?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#49 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 am

I see Gery has his anti Skiles agenda running full steam. I think what Skiles did tonight to Monta and Jennings was what he'd do sometimes to Bogut. He demands excellence from the teams best players. Sure those two were scoring but they also were playing half asleep on defense and Skiles got ticked and said he was going to teach them a lesson. Now whether those two guys care at all, who knows.

We have the same problem we've had for three seasons now. Too many role players who all think they are better than they are. And not enough minutes to go around.

We also need to talk a bit about Tobias. His poor defense is getting concerning in a Charlie V kind of way. The book is out now that if you've got a SF with driving ability, you simply set a pick or shake Tobias and then run in for the layup. I'm not sure this is something that gets corrected with experience. Either you can stay in front of your man and fight through screens or you can't.

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#50 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:36 am

JBucks wrote:Why did we call Yi's bluff and not Noah's?

Yi was considered a better prospect and had the Chinese money train with him. So we'd see if we could pull it off because the potential reward was so much higher.

Also, they didn't think Yi was personally a idiot. Rather a business decision with Fegan trying to get him to a big market. In the case of Noah, they viewed his attitude problems are more endemic to Noah and something that would make him a disruptive force in the locker room.

Of course I recall the first two minutes of that preseason game when they matched up against each other and Noah beat down Yi on offense and defense. As in typical Bucks fashion, we knew we were screwed and likely made the wrong choice.

paul
RealGM

Post#51 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:37 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
paul wrote:

Don't you agree? I'd take either of those guys in a redraft over anyone on our team.

I don't disagree, that's what's so sad.

At least when we had Bogut we could say we had a better player he's just injured right now lol.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#52 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 am

Yeah Woelful definitely trying to stir the pot. I could see Ellis/Jennings start to pout going forward.
paul
RealGM

Post#53 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:44 am

N8Frog wrote:Yeah Woelful definitely trying to stir the pot. I could see Ellis/Jennings start to pout going forward.

Someone needs to. Skiles has been actively trying to get fired for more than a season now, insane that he's still our coach.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#54 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:46 am

paul wrote:Chicago completely sh*tting the bed on what should have been a blowout loss is the only thing even vaguely masking that we have been playing terrible basketball with a middling roster and a coach who is completely lost the past couple of weeks.

does this "terrible basketball" include the last second loss in charlotte, the OT loss in miami, and the 1st chicago game where we were within a bucket with under 30 seconds to play?

we havent played amazing, or closed out some games. we definitely could use mam back, and we could use a little more consistency from some of the guys..... but we should still have a little reason for optimism. were right in the thick of things with an obviously competitve team. lets just sit back and see where it goes.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#55 » by SkilesTheLimit » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:50 am

N8Frog wrote:Yeah Woelful definitely trying to stir the pot. I could see Ellis/Jennings start to pout going forward.

You beat me to it. Woelfel has had it in for Skiles for years -- probably because he doesn't give a rat's ass about the media and doesn't buddy up to any of them.

Ersan is Gery's tool to promote his anti-Skiles agenda. Plus Woelfel probably likes Ersan because he cries on his shoulder about his lack of production this year and now about him being upset about his minutes.

I take what Woelfel says with a grain of salt. The only good he brings to the table is he give first hand knowledge of what he sees/hears in the locker room. I'm 99% sure he isn't tuned in with any sources in the upper management -- Hammond/Skiles don't feed him any inside info and it doesn't sound like underlings like Weltman and Babcock would push anything through him. He's WSSP's beat reporter, basically, who is called an "insider."
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#56 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:52 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paul wrote:Chicago completely sh*tting the bed on what should have been a blowout loss is the only thing even vaguely masking that we have been playing terrible basketball with a middling roster and a coach who is completely lost the past couple of weeks.

does this "terrible basketball" include the last second loss in charlotte, the OT loss in miami, and the 1st chicago game where we were within a bucket with under 30 seconds to play?

we havent played amazing, or closed out some games. we definitely could use mam back, and we could use a little more consistency from some of the guys..... but we should still have a little reason for optimism. were right in the thick of things with an obviously competitve team. lets just sit back and see where it goes.

Yeah its not all dire straits here, but the effort was clearly lacking tonight. Also it seems like we have come full circle with rotations to the point where there is no longer a plan whatsoever.

I know Skiles was trying to rekindle the comeback lineup from Monday, but there was little evidence they had much going. I would have liked to have seen Jennings and Ellis get back in there to see if they could get anything going in a hurry. It wasn't poor shooting that cost the team tonight it was quality execution from the Knicks and lack of it defensively from the Bucks.

We are all clamoring for some type of 3 for 1 trade. I think it would be best for everyone on the roster as well. Unfortunately I can't remember the last time a big trade happened this early in the season.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
paul
RealGM

Post#57 » by paul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:00 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

The 'terrible basketball' definitely included the last second loss in Charlotte and the terrible coaching definitely extended to that first Chicago loss which was clearly Skiles worst game of the season. The OT loss in Miami was better, but in the end counted for nothing.

So yeah.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#58 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:00 am

I want Skiles gone just as much as the next guy. However, how do we know that the new coach would even play the young guys more? Remember, Kohl will most likely have his arm up the coach's butt.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#59 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 am

Fight the Tank wrote:
We are all clamoring for some type of 3 for 1 trade. I think it would be best for everyone on the roster as well. Unfortunately I can't remember the last time a big trade happened this early in the season.

Week after Thanksgiving in 1995. Nothing was working and we finally gave up on Todd Day for Sherman Douglass. And then that same afternoon dealt away Eric Mobley and Eric Murdock for Benoit Benjamin. Made no difference to our record but was a massive shakeup.

But that was back in the era when Kohl really was hands on. He had the intensity of Skiles in his meddling back then.

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#60 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:08 am

paul wrote:
The 'terrible basketball' definitely included the last second loss in Charlotte and the terrible coaching definitely extended to that first Chicago loss which was clearly Skiles worst game of the season. The OT loss in Miami was better, but in the end counted for nothing.

So yeah.

meh. disagree with most of that. charlotte we had the game in control until late. who cares if the miami game was a loss... i thought we were discussing whether we played "terrible" or not. just a tough loss tonight. best to shake it off for the time being. its a long season.

my opinion, as is being discussed, is that the only real issue right now should be to do about skiles and the lockerroom holding together. too many guys, not enough roles, and an attempt at rotations leaving everybody wondering what crack pipe is being passed around by the suits. its a tough spot skiles is in, but hes not the man for it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks