ImageImage

1/22: Bucks (21-18) vs Sixers (17-24) 7pm NBATV

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Re: 1/22: Bucks (21-18) vs Sixers (17-24) 7pm NBATV 

Post#61 » by BUCKnation » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Turd Ferguson wrote:I'm suddenly getting NBAtv in my DIRECTV package - does that mean that FSN is going to be blacked out and that NBAtv will be available for me tonight?

FSN never gets blacked out. I highly doubt either channel will, but it would be NBAtv that gets blacked out.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#62 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 pm

giraldo5 wrote:
At home with the 76ers on the second half of a back to back. If this isn't an easy win then I don't know what is.

Similar to this easy win?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400277972

This is the NBA
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#63 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Is Michael Redd still working for NBATV? Be kind of cool to hear his thoughts on the team.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#64 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 pm

CanadaBucks wrote:
giraldo5 wrote:
At home with the 76ers on the second half of a back to back. If this isn't an easy win then I don't know what is.

This is the NBA

Obviously anything can happen, the odds are certainly in our favor. It would obviously be an upsetting loss for anyone if Philly won.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#65 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:
giraldo5 wrote:

This is the NBA

Obviously anything can happen, the odds are certainly in our favor. It would obviously be an upsetting loss for anyone if Philly won.

Agreed, we should win but I hesitate to use the term easy win, like Cleveland missing Andy and Waiters a month or so ago.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#66 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 pm

It just kills me how frequently the "talent" of this roster is described as "bottom of the barrel" or "bottom 5 talent" or, a personal favorite of mine, "sucks," only for the same people to turn around and predict "easy win" or "we should take 5 of the next 7"... Either our "talent" is not as bad as people claim OR there should be no such thing as an "easy win." One of the two. Not both.
Bad Midget
Junior
And1: 12

Post#67 » by Bad Midget » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:It just kills me how frequently the "talent" of this roster is described as "bottom of the barrel" or "bottom 5 talent" or, a personal favorite of mine, "sucks," only for the same people to turn around and predict "easy win" or "we should take 5 of the next 7"... Either our "talent" is not as bad as people claim OR there should be no such thing as an "easy win." One of the two. Not both.

Yup. People love to hate.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#68 » by giraldo5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:It just kills me how frequently the "talent" of this roster is described as "bottom of the barrel" or "bottom 5 talent" or, a personal favorite of mine, "sucks," only for the same people to turn around and predict "easy win" or "we should take 5 of the next 7"... Either our "talent" is not as bad as people claim OR there should be no such thing as an "easy win." One of the two. Not both.

Our talent is middle of the pack. Which is the worst position to be in in the NBA. I'd trade our entire team for most any other franchise. Toronto, Orlando, Phoenix and maybe Dallas and Charlotte are the only ones I'd consider keeping our team. That's precisely how it can be both.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#69 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 pm

just letting you know that they took down our nbatv game vs the warriors
Bad Midget
Junior

Post#70 » by Bad Midget » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 pm

giraldo5 wrote:

Our talent is middle of the pack. Which is the worst position to be in in the NBA. I'd trade our entire team for most any other franchise. Toronto, Orlando, Phoenix and maybe Dallas and Charlotte are the only ones I'd consider keeping our team. That's precisely how it can be both.

If our talent is middle of the pack, as you claim it is, you can expect to lose games just like this. For people to say "easy win" is just pure ignorance. And coming from the same people who bash our roster and GM every day, it's simply hypocrisy.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#71 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Before the season I would've said it was pretty bottom of the barrel (especially for a win now team), Sanders coming on as probably a top 10 defender in the league has done a lot to change that though. Without him we probably drop 10+ ranking in terms of defensive efficiency and subsequently a good amount of games we won we likely lose. Also Henson coming along as a guy who can play minutes and Beno is playing at a great rate off the bench helped change my opinion on that.

Sucks may be a strong word that is used as an overreaction at times (besides Monta, he sucks) but for what we are, a win now team, I wouldn't necessarily say we are a good team. We still will never be an easy win against any playoff quality team, without Bynum Philly is far from a playoff quality team though. Am I saying we are going to win by 30 points? Obviously not, but a loss here would be a huge upset for Philly. Personally I'd only give them about a 20% or so chance of winning this game, in my opinion that's an easy win.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#72 » by giraldo5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:56 pm

Bad Midget wrote:
giraldo5 wrote:

If our talent is middle of the pack, as you claim it is, you can expect to lose games just like this. For people to say "easy win" is just pure ignorance. And coming from the same people who bash our roster and GM every day, it's simply hypocrisy.

Agree in a vacuum. Considering circumstances of a rested Bucks team vs a team that played last night and the game is at home makes it a whole different matter. But you already know this and ignore it since it doesn't fit your pro Jennings agenda.
Bad Midget
Junior

Post#73 » by Bad Midget » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Before the season I would've said it was pretty bottom of the barrel (especially for a win now team), Sanders coming on as probably a top 10 defender in the league has done a lot to change that though. Without him we probably drop 10+ ranking in terms of defensive efficiency and subsequently a good amount of games we won we likely lose. Also Henson coming along as a guy who can play minutes and Beno is playing at a great rate off the bench helped change my opinion on that.

Sucks may be a strong word that is used as an overreaction at times (besides Monta, he sucks) but for what we are, a win now team, I wouldn't necessarily say we are a good team. We still will never be an easy win against any playoff quality team, without Bynum Philly is far from a playoff quality team though. Am I saying we are going to win by 30 points? Obviously not, but a loss here would be a huge upset for Philly. Personally I'd only give them about a 20% or so chance of winning this game, in my opinion that's an easy win.

When the Bucks lose by 4 points tonight the post game thread will be littered with comments, most likely from you, saying how bad this team sucks and how we're and embarrassment to the league. **** happens in the NBA, whether you're good or bad.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#74 » by DickCunningham » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 am

Hope for the best. Expect the worst.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
Bad Midget
Junior

Post#75 » by Bad Midget » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:01 am

giraldo5 wrote:
Agree in a vacuum. Considering circumstances of a rested Bucks team vs a team that played last night and the game is at home makes it a whole different matter. But you already know this and ignore it since it doesn't fit your pro Jennings agenda.

Too bad I didn't even mention Jennings in my post, nor have I ever brought him up. But don't let your irrational agenda get in the way of a sensible argument. Clown.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#76 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 am

I don't think there are any easy wins and each game has it's own personality. That said, I don't think the talent is bad and that is almost entirely a result of solid drafting and the young players finding their time. Plus guys like Dunleavy and Udrih contributing helps.

I expect a competitive game not unlike the majority of NBA games.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#77 » by old skool » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:10 am

The Bucks should have a huge edge being at home and rested, while the Sixers had to play a contested game last night and then fly into Milwaukee.

That combination makes it east for a team to give up if they fall behind early in the contest.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#78 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:15 am

Bad Midget wrote:When the Bucks lose by 4 points tonight the post game thread will be littered with comments, most likely from you, saying how bad this team sucks and how we're and embarrassment to the league. **** happens in the NBA, whether you're good or bad.

No, I really wouldn't. Philly isn't good, but they aren't Cleveland or Detroit who I would and have criticized them for losing to rather hard. Jrue Holiday is the best player on either roster, he could take over the game and will Philly to the win like he's done against other teams but with our defense I don't think the odds on that are very good. At the end of the day, win or loss, we are still a .500 team in my eyes. It's not a throw away game like a loss to Miami, it's not a surprising win like beating Chicago and it wouldn't be a surprising loss to a team like the Bobcats or Pistons. It's a game we should win, but unless its some demoralizing blowout or huge blown lead a loss here wouldn't say much about the team.
Bad Midget
Junior

Post#79 » by Bad Midget » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Bad Midget wrote:When the Bucks lose by 4 points tonight the post game thread will be littered with comments, most likely from you, saying how bad this team sucks and how we're and embarrassment to the league. **** happens in the NBA, whether you're good or bad.

No, I really wouldn't. Philly isn't good, but they aren't Cleveland or Detroit who I would and have criticized them for losing to rather hard. Jrue Holiday is the best player on either roster, he could take over the game and will Philly to the win like he's done against other teams but with our defense I don't think the odds on that are very good. At the end of the day, win or loss, we are still a .500 team in my eyes. It's not a throw away game like a loss to Miami, it's not a surprising win like beating Chicago and it wouldn't be a surprising loss to a team like the Bobcats or Pistons. It's a game we should win, but unless its some demoralizing blowout or huge blown lead a loss here wouldn't say much about the team.

Fair enough. I just think it's weak sauce when people say this team is so bad and then turn around and insult our talent.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#80 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:36 am

jennings was interviewed by nbatv

nothing new.

some nuggets

He gave alot of credit to Larry's evolving into a defensive force being the reason why they are off to this start.

Asked if he will be watching Thursday and what his reaction would be if he got selected. Brandon said that is his favorite show to watch and he would cry tears of joy.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks