ImageImage

OT | Official Fitness & Health Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

OT | Official Fitness & Health Thread 

Post#1 » by Nebula1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:44 pm

It's 2013.. most have already quit their resolutions.. some haven't.

Time for a pep talk

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gQLqv9f4o[/youtube]
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Re: OT | Official Fitness & Health Thread 

Post#2 » by bigkurty » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:50 pm

My fiancé went on weight watchers so I have been eating a lot healthier since she does all the cooking and I have lost about 5 lbs in three weeks. I work out too but not hard enough to lose a lot of weight so I think its mostly the healthy eating. she will make dinner at times that totally fills me up and then it will only be like 400 calories. its crazy. I didnt know you could eat so good and have it be so healthy. Check out www.skinnytaste.com if you guys want some amazing recipes that are super healthy. Every recipe she has made off of there has been excellent.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#3 » by jerrod » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:58 pm

i got down to 195. eating healthy is still a work in progress for me though. it's hard to keep it going all the time.

i'm giving yoga a try tomorrow for the first time. i'm hoping to get a little more flexibility, mostly for soccer, a little for basketball.
JoeyMorgan619
Rookie
And1: 1,767

Post#4 » by JoeyMorgan619 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:44 pm

jerrod wrote:i got down to 195. eating healthy is still a work in progress for me though. it's hard to keep it going all the time.

i'm giving yoga a try tomorrow for the first time. i'm hoping to get a little more flexibility, mostly for soccer, a little for basketball.

Yeah, I'd recommend easing into healthy eating. 99% of people that try to eat healthy for every meal right off the bat end up failing.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,721

Post#5 » by jimmybones » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:17 am

jerrod wrote:

You should like it, I've only done it a few times but it's great for lengthening your muscles out, flexibility.

Current goals are working, up to 221, plus 14 lbs of muscle from last summer.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#6 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 am

I think the big news here is we had a jerrod sighting..
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#7 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:29 am

jerrod wrote:i got down to 195. eating healthy is still a work in progress for me though. it's hard to keep it going all the time.

Thank God you're not doing yoga for basketball :wink: . I've actually put on a few extra lbs since my wedding a few years ago and I'm looking to start losing them soon. I just have to figure out a job situation I'm in first.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#8 » by jerrod » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 am

Nebula1 wrote:I think the big news here is we had a jerrod sighting..

it's good to be back! part time at least

my goal in life is now to have visible ab muscles
MasterChef
Junior
And1: 11

Post#9 » by MasterChef » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:05 am

I hope this post doesn't go overlooked because I'm a user with a small amount of posts. This could be very beneficial for many people on this board, that is if they're determined to be and feel healthy.

Honestly, if we want to talk health and fitness, I highly recommend looking into the Bulletproof Diet.
http://www.bulletproofexec.com/the-comp ... roof-diet/

This is a great podcast with the creator of the Bulletproof Diet and Joe Rogan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBgKbwzsBAc

I run 3 miles every day, and alternate the days I work out lower and upper body. Staying "in shape" and trim is so much easier following this "diet". It's not really a diet at all in my eyes, it's just being conscious about what I eat. Try to eat mostly organic and non GMO. Eat mostly raw foods, raw vegetables, raw fruits. Eat ONLY grass fed eggs and meat, wild caught fish. Coconut oil in black coffee gives you sustained energy for hours. Eliminate grains, high fructose corn syrup, modified starch, only eat junk foods here and there, if you desire. If it has ingredients, think twice about eating it. Follow the guidelines of the BP diet and trust me, you will feel and look so much better. You will have so much more energy in your days. It truly works. But going into it 100% right away could set up failure, like a poster said above. Check it out
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#10 » by Nebula1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:54 am

Read that^ and watch this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B-jUOOrtks[/youtube]
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#11 » by Nebula1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Btw, I cut artificial sweeteners completely out of my diet (sugar was already out) and I'm down 4lbs in a week from that move alone. It definitely changed my hunger patterns as well.

Granted, hoops is starting to pick up more and more so that's part of it, yet I can tell a dramatic difference since abandoning the product. I expect to drop about 10lbs after a couple weeks which should have me at about 5-6% body fat.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,721

Post#12 » by jimmybones » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Very skeptical you're even sub 10 if you're dropping weight that quickly.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#13 » by emunney » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:12 pm

That guy was right! I stopped drinking water and lost 50 lbs and died!
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#14 » by LUKE23 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:14 pm

I started drinking MORE water. Now I'm so bloated that I just roll myself from location to location.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#15 » by emunney » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:18 pm

You fat piece of ****.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#16 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:23 pm

My diet could probably use some improving but the problem is I love food. And my 2 hobbies are brewing beer and grilling, so... Ideally I'd like to drop about 10# and I'd be happy. Right now I'm 5'10 and 190# which I am not unhappy about considering I'm 30 now. 200# is my alarming # and haven't come close to it yet, by close I mean within 5#.

My biggest thing is to just keep active. When I stay active at the very least I'm breaking even and not gaining. Owning a house has helped as always on my feet doing something, especially in the summer. I've become more active on the treadmill and once summer is here we walk a little more outside. I try not to snack at all after 9PM and limit my soda intake (no more than 2 cans/day). I generally don't drink beer during the week at all.
The only program I've ever done was Insanity. I did that 2 years ago for the few months before my wedding. I definitely lost on the waistline and felt good about myself, but its intense and haven't had desire to start again. Its just so rigorous. My wife's had success losing with Weight Watchers, which is basically watching your volume consumption. You can have greasy Pizza Hut or whatever, but only 1-2 slices not 4-5.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#17 » by Newz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:25 pm

I didn't drink a ton of soda or eat a lot of red meat before... but I'm doing my best to get those out of my diet completely. I mainly eat eggs, chicken and fish for protein now. Also focusing on getting at least 100% of my daily fiber, which has worked very well and is making me feel great.

I walk up and down the steps to get to my apartment every day and I've been playing ball twice a week. Now I just need to get back to lifting.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#18 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:29 pm

JoeyMorgan619 wrote:

Yeah, I'd recommend easing into healthy eating. 99% of people that try to eat healthy for every meal right off the bat end up failing.

And I'm all for healthy eating, but I want to be happy too. If I cut out like red meats, wing, etc and went to some of these healthier foods 99% of the time I'd be so unhappy. For me its all about knowing the amount. You can't live on the crap food, but if you can do it in moderations and stay relatively active you can maintain a good lifestyle. Just my opinion.

For alot of people, its one extreme or the other --- which usually isn't a good thing.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#19 » by REDDzone » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Its different for everyone, but I think cheat days are actually good for me. I love food as well. I don't think I'd be able to eat like I do during the week if I wasn't able to go out and have whatever I wanted at least once during one weekend night.

I also try to not drink water except on the weekends.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 217

Post#20 » by Be Here Now » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:46 pm

The last 4 weeks I have completely cut out dairy, processed foods, foods with added sugar, booze and grains. It has done wonders for my energy levels. My plan is to only eat desserts for bdays and holidays, and drinking moderately about once a month.

I'm 6 ft and started at 188. Doesn't seem bad but I was basically skinny fat. I'm down to 170 now and have lost most of the bloat in my gut and face.

Staples of my diet include: organic grass fed beef, bison jerky I make every sunday, organic eggs, organic coffee, green and rooibos tea, asparagus, avocado, kale and spinach for smoothies, wild caught salmon, coconut oil, and grass fed ghee.

A good site I've been using for easy recipes... http://nomnompaleo.com/
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks