ImageImage

The Josh Smith eventually to the Bucks thread (maybe)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Re: Gery: Bucks in on Josh Smith sweepstakes 

Post#1461 » by Wilford Brimley » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:A buddy of mine who is Eskimo brothers with Joe Alexander told me that the Josh Smith trade will be done by tonight.

I remember when the Randy Moss to Green Bay rumors were going on in 2007, I read these two following things on a message board (dead serious):

1) My mom saw a tall black man with dreads buying a Cadillac in Green Bay. Said he was new to town.

and.

2) My friend goes to KGB's church, and Randy Moss was there with him.

Honest to God, those were two posts on Packer boards. :lol:
sneakerdust
Banned User
And1: 101

Post#1462 » by sneakerdust » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:36 pm

trwi7 wrote:Mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law. Heard of all of them. Uncle-in-law. That's a new one. :lol:

My cousin-in-law says a deal may or may not happen. :reporter:

When I see Broussard quoting a sperm-in-law or egg-in-law... I'm done. Twitter=End of Days.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#1463 » by jtrinaldi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:37 pm

So the Hawks don't want any future contracts coming back, while the Nets are offering Brooke and Hump for Smith, which total cap figure is close to 50 million. I think we are in the driver seat here, if Atlanta plans on maxing out Dwight in the offseason.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... um=twitter
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#1464 » by wichmae » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:38 pm

This idiot on 1250 is un-listenable. Seriously wtf is wrong with some of these people.
sneakerdust
Banned User

Post#1465 » by sneakerdust » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 pm

wichmae wrote:This idiot on 1250 is un-listenable. Seriously wtf is wrong with some of these people.

F*** gimme a break, i forgot to turn my radio down.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#1466 » by jr lucosa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:41 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:A buddy of mine who is Eskimo brothers with Joe Alexander told me that the Josh Smith trade will be done by tonight.

Lmao :lol:
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1467 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

wichmae wrote:This idiot on 1250 is un-listenable. Seriously wtf is wrong with some of these people.

At work, can't listen, there's a lot of idiot's on 1250, care to narrow it down?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Post#1468 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Gery Ellerson is a fuvking idiot. Wish wssp would shut this guy up when they talk Bucks.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#1469 » by jr lucosa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 pm

blazza18 wrote:Gery Ellerson is a fuvking idiot. Wish wssp would shut this guy up when they talk Bucks.

I'm not listening but anytime I ever hear him speak about basketball he makes it clear that he knows NOTHING about the sport. Honestly when they are talking about anything other than football he's just idiotic rambling.
wisportsfan4
Junior

Post#1470 » by wisportsfan4 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b33ahvg

What do you guys think about a Smith/Morrow for Ellis/Ersan/Udoh deal?

Gives the Hawks Ellis to pair with Teague, a good Smith replacement, a guy with potential in Udoh. Bucks get their man and a SG in Morrow.

Jennings/Udrih
Morrow/Lamb
LRAM/Dunleavy/Tobias
Smith/Henson
Sanders/Dalembert

Don't know much about Morrow, but it would clear some more time for Henson and set us up nicely after everyone leaves next year without pursuing Redick.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#1471 » by jimmybones » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Where'd the Moute/Udoh/1st rumor come from? Few thoughts if that actually went down:

-I'd have to think Tobes takes on a much larger role. I'm not giving up on him being an efficient scorer and a new coach and a year older, he might be ready to slot in. He could be our primary post option, and he can definitely play in an uptempo system- he did at UT.

-I'd hate that we have to keep Monta, but if those clowns do all want to play together maybe we see improved shot selection from him if he actually buys in. If he would finally buy in to be a slash first player and stop taking so many stupid long twos I could see him being an effective player. He'd be surrounded by some good slashing/finishing with Smith, Sanders, Henson, etc.

-I'm sure he "wants" to come here cause he knows we'll blow our wad and max him.

I'm not saying this is the route I'd go, but I still firmly believed Hammond's hands are tied and win now is forced on him. I really believe things would be way different if Kohl wasn't meddling so hard still(duh, I know).
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1472 » by machu46 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 pm

jtrinaldi wrote:So the Hawks don't want any future contracts coming back, while the Nets are offering Brooke and Hump for Smith, which total cap figure is close to 50 million. I think we are in the driver seat here, if Atlanta plans on maxing out Dwight in the offseason.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... um=twitter

Same reason I don't think Hawks will deal him to Knicks or Celtics. I feel like Hawks will want Pierce, a young asset, and a draft pick, and the Celtics won't bite on that. They'll try to offer something built around Jeff Green, but his contract is too much.

Same goes with the Knicks offer of Shump and Amare. Amare = way too much money for Atlanta.

That's why the Monta + some other stuff - Josh Smith deal makes the most sense. At the very worst, Monta opts in and they have an 11 million expiring contract next year. If he doesn't opt in, they clear his cap space and have a lot of money to go after Dwight/Bynum/Jefferson/CP3, etc.

And I honestly hope that we make a move for him. I'd much rather overpay him than another Drew Gooden/John Salmons kinda guy, and I guarantee that if we don't overpay someone like Josh Smith, we will absolutely overpay another role player.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
sneakerdust
Banned User

Post#1473 » by sneakerdust » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 pm

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,576

Post#1474 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:49 pm

jimmybones wrote:Where'd the Moute/Udoh/1st rumor come from? Few thoughts if that actually went down:

-I'd have to think Tobes takes on a much larger role. I'm not giving up on him being an efficient scorer and a new coach and a year older, he might be ready to slot in. He could be our primary post option, and he can definitely play in an uptempo system- he did at UT.

-I'd hate that we have to keep Monta, but if those clowns do all want to play together maybe we see improved shot selection from him if he actually buys in. If he would finally buy in to be a slash first player and stop taking so many stupid long twos I could see him being an effective player. He'd be surrounded by some good slashing/finishing with Smith, Sanders, Henson, etc.

-I'm sure he "wants" to come here cause he knows we'll blow our wad and max him.

I'm not saying this is the route I'd go, but I still firmly believed Hammond's hands are tied and win now is forced on him. I really believe things would be way different if Kohl wasn't meddling so hard still(duh, I know).

Probably just came about because Josh wants us to keep both Ellis/Jennings and Henson/Sanders are untouchable. If I were them, I'd want Dalembert.
FREE GIANNIS
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#1475 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 pm

I opened up this thread having not seen the previous page and thought this was a real "insider" tip at first. I also immediately assumed the Eskimo connection was through an Energee girl. :lol:
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1476 » by trwi7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 pm

sneakerdust wrote:

F*** gimme a break, i forgot to turn my radio down.

:lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User

Post#1477 » by Wilford Brimley » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 pm

@WojYahooNBA
Among teams and officials involved in Josh Smith talks, the three most likely destinations right now: Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Phoenix.
sneakerdust
Banned User

Post#1478 » by sneakerdust » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 pm

BTW, I think the red phone rings in Hammond's office when a trade thread reaches 100.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1479 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:55 pm

sneal
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,576

Post#1480 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:55 pm

Wilford Brimley wrote:@WojYahooNBA
Among teams and officials involved in Josh Smith talks, the three most likely destinations right now: Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Phoenix.

No way is anything Brooklyn offering better than us so that really only leaves Phoenix and they're supposedly out on Josh Smith and have that rumored deal with OKC.
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks