ImageImage

CBS: Deal on the table: LRMAM, 1st for Redick.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Re: CBS: Deal on the table: LRMAM, 1st for Redick. 

Post#381 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:I'd only trade our first if we were getting a first back in another trade as well... There's just so much the bucks can do this deadline, if we get smith and redick, and that's it...and trade out first... Will be a very sad day in bucks history

Thank u for posting and proving that sometimes ballboys can be on point and show good sensibility. Good post bucks4milwaukee.

Thanks, I had an account when I was 17, 10 years ago..but Mr. Davis gave me a lifetime ban..I feel ive matured since than. I know I will say a lot of crazy things and make people mad, but I get mad reading some of the posters on here. Just figured it was time to join in on the conversations once again. Im just hoping that we make some positive moves in the next few days cause I really want this team to win...AND I believe in Hammond, which I know most here dont.
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#382 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:24 am

Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:I'd only trade our first if we were getting a first back in another trade as well... There's just so much the bucks can do this deadline, if we get smith and redick, and that's it...and trade out first... Will be a very sad day in bucks history

Thank u for posting and proving that sometimes ballboys can be on point and show good sensibility. Good post bucks4milwaukee.

Thanks, I had an account when I was 17, 10 years ago..but Mr. Davis gave me a lifetime ban..I feel ive matured since than. I know I will say a lot of crazy things and make people mad, but I get mad reading some of the posters on here. Just figured it was time to join in on the conversations once again. Im just hoping that we make some positive moves in the next few days cause I really want this team to win...AND I believe in Hammond, which I know most here dont.

Ah had me until that last line. Hammond's drafting was been ok to good. But the rest of his decison as GM leaves a lot to be desired. Maggette, RJ, SJax, the terrible Gooden contract which everyone knew from day one was hideous, Alexander pick, pairing Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings.

He has our cap in a good situation at the moment and has made a few good moves but generally made a LOT of mistakes and poor moves for someone to believe in him.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#383 » by Frank Nova » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:29 am

Redick wants 10mil per is the type of deal he's seeking when he hits UFA. Wow, what a joke. Who does he honestly think he is now? It took him, what, 6yrs to even be relevant in the league and not be considered a 1 dimensional, lotto pick bust and now all the sudden he's worth 10mil because a few teams around the league could use his offensive skill set for a playoff push.

His game translates to a 6th man type on a contender or a starting guard on a garbage team. U don't play guys like that anything more than 3/18 type deals. I'd give Josh the 5/90 he wants all day over 4/40 or 5/50 to Redick and that's a no brainer IMO.

If anyone still wants to trade any type of asset off the team for Redick now that it's confirmed he wants 10mil per to stay then they need to lay off the reefer and get real.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Oscar71
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#384 » by Oscar71 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:37 am

To give up anything for a Reddick-type player is just beyond comprehension. If the Bucks "Scouting Dept". cant find a guy with equal skills to JJ in the euro-league/d-league/street FA's/local Y, who would be more than happy to sign a minimum deal here, then we are indeed doomed....
Kidd Prunty Budenholzer > Macha Roenicke Counsell
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#385 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 am

weezybaby856 wrote:Redick wants 10mil per is the type of deal he's seeking when he hits UFA. Wow, what a joke. Who does he honestly think he is now? It took him, what, 6yrs to even be relevant in the league and not be considered a 1 dimensional, lotto pick bust and now all the sudden he's worth 10mil because a few teams around the league could use his offensive skill set for a playoff push.

His game translates to a 6th man type on a contender or a starting guard on a garbage team. U don't play guys like that anything more than 3/18 type deals. I'd give Josh the 5/90 he wants all day over 4/40 or 5/50 to Redick and that's a no brainer IMO.

If anyone still wants to trade any type of asset off the team for Redick now that it's confirmed he wants 10mil per to stay then they need to lay off the reefer and get real.

Jesus, relax. As I posted before, it's negotiations it happens for every player. You don't start on what you want or under what you want. He is worth about 7-8, Magic are saying they will offer around 5, He wants 10, where do you think they or other teams will meet?

If his agent wasn't asking for 10mil he would be inept at his job and should be fired.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#386 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:44 am

Wow some people really need to actually watch some Magic games this season and especially Redick.

He is a fine player, smart, great shooter, can slash, good passer, works hard on D, moves incredibly well without the ball to get open. You can't find a guy with his talent or skill level in "d-league/street FA's/local Y". Come on people pull it together.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#387 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:51 am

I honestly want no part of JJ Redick. In a trade or FA. I do not want to pay him, the guy is not a starting SG in the NBA.
FREE GIANNIS
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#388 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:53 am

If I thought Redick was a perfect fit on this team and would make us really click or whatever I would trade Ellis for the best available offer before the deadline and then in the offseason offer Redick 19mil over 2 years, take it or leave it. I think that offer gets him to sign. Overpaying-for-Redick (in a trade that is) problem solved...
Oscar71
Pro Prospect

Post#389 » by Oscar71 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:00 am

Garbs_7 wrote: Come on people pull it together.

So another Bag Night then?
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#390 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:04 am

Oscar71 wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote: Come on people pull it together.

So another Bag Night then?

Let's do it, i'll fly over. :D

But with me saying all that about Redick, I don't want him and definitely don't want to trade Moute /1st for him.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#391 » by Frank Nova » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:08 am

Garbs_7 wrote:Wow some people really need to actually watch some Magic games this season and especially Redick.

He is a fine player, smart, great shooter, can slash, good passer, works hard on D, moves incredibly well without the ball to get open. You can't find a guy with his talent or skill level in "d-league/street FA's/local Y". Come on people pull it together.

I have tons of family in Orlando that are season ticket holders for the Magic and I've been to tons of Magic games over the years and follow them rather closely and people that talk up JJ Redick are the ppl that clearly haven't actually "watched" him play that closely.

Hard working is definitely a good way to describe him and that's mainly because if he wasn't a hard worker than he wouldn't have a job in this league. His hard working mentality is the only thing that makes up for everything he lacks in talent. He's nowhere close to a pure talent and lacks serious athletic ability. He's nowhere close to a difference maker or game changer when he's on the floor. He's a streaky shooter with a high basketball IQ and that's about where the bar stops for him. Like I said, it's taken him to almost 30yrs old to be considered a quality NBA player and that's mainly due to him finally overachieving. I never said Redick wasn't good because he is a decent player but acting like players like him aren't a dime a dozen is ridiculous. Only thing he really has going for him is he plays a position that's considered a weak position league wide which makes him seem like a premium but in reality and in terms of basketball ability and what he offers on the court, he's easily replaceable.

I'm sure majority of us can all agree that it's a no brainer to pay a Mike Dunleavy Jr 3mil per year rather than a JJ Redick 10mil per year and there's a huge reason for that.

If JJ peaked the way he has now at age 25 or 26 then u have a case but considering when he was that age he was only in his 2nd and 3rd year in the league, there's really no legs to stand on to sit here and act like he's worth a lucrative contract.

"Great shooter" is a joke btw. This isn't his senior year at Duke anymore man. His best comparison is a homeless mans version of Ray Allen because Ray was actually everything u described Redick as and Redick in reality is barely any of them. He works well off the ball and around screens to get open for shots but he's a "streak" shooter, not even close to "great". Ray Allen was/is a great shooter, Reggie Miller was a great shooter. Saying that about Redick is an absolute joke and makes me believe ur the one that hasn't watched him play all that closely.

Redick has come a long long way since the beginning of his career and kudos to him for that but u say his agent should be fired if he didn't start negotiations at 10mil so he could get 7mil or so at the end of the day and IMO that's still over paying and if Redick gets 10mil annually then the person that should get fired is the GM that gave it to him.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#392 » by ampd » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:10 am

I'm sure if we give up a 1st that isn't heavily protected and/or pay Redick 4/40 there will be plenty of people on here who are pissed about it. One thing this board does really well is outrage
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#393 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 am

ampd wrote:I'm sure if we give up a 1st that isn't heavily protected and/or pay Redick 4/40 there will be plenty of people on here who are pissed about it. One thing this board does really well is outrage

If the entire fanbase was less apathetic and more easily outraged generally, like say for example Packer fans, I expect the Bucks would be run quite a bit more effectively then they are currently. That kind of thing has an effect on ownership, the more pressure they feel from the fans the more they fear screwing up player transactions coaching and management hires...
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#394 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:28 am

weezybaby856 wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:Wow some people really need to actually watch some Magic games this season and especially Redick.

I have tons of family in Orlando that are season ticket holders for the Magic and I've been to tons of Magic games over the years and follow them rather closely and people that talk up JJ Redick are the ppl that clearly haven't actually "watched" him play that closely.

Hard working is definitely a good way to describe him and that's mainly because if he wasn't a hard worker than he wouldn't have a job in this league. His hard working mentality is the only thing that makes up for everything he lacks in talent. He's nowhere close to a pure talent and lacks serious athletic ability. He's nowhere close to a difference maker or game changer when he's on the floor. He's a streaky shooter with a high basketball IQ and that's about where the bar stops for him. Like I said, it's taken him to almost 30yrs old to be considered a quality NBA player and that's mainly due to him finally overachieving. I never said Redick wasn't good because he is a decent player but acting like players like him aren't a dime a dozen is ridiculous. Only thing he really has going for him is he plays a position that's considered a weak position league wide which makes him seem like a premium but in reality and in terms of basketball ability and what he offers on the court, he's easily replaceable.

I'm sure majority of us can all agree that it's a no brainer to pay a Mike Dunleavy Jr 3mil per year rather than a JJ Redick 10mil per year and there's a huge reason for that.

If JJ peaked the way he has now at age 25 or 26 then u have a case but considering when he was that age he was only in his 2nd and 3rd year in the league, there's really no legs to stand on to sit here and act like he's worth a lucrative contract.

"Great shooter" is a joke btw. This isn't his senior year at Duke anymore man. His best comparison is a homeless mans version of Ray Allen because Ray was actually everything u described Redick as and Redick in reality is barely any of them. He works well off the ball and around screens to get open for shots but he's a "streak" shooter, not even close to "great". Ray Allen was/is a great shooter, Reggie Miller was a great shooter. Saying that about Redick is an absolute joke and makes me believe ur the one that hasn't watched him play all that closely.

Redick has come a long long way since the beginning of his career and kudos to him for that but u say his agent should be fired if he didn't start negotiations at 10mil so he could get 7mil or so at the end of the day and IMO that's still over paying and if Redick gets 10mil annually then the person that should get fired is the GM that gave it to him.

My post about his ability was referring to the poster who said that if we can't get a guy with his ability from the D- League, Local Y etc then we are doomed. He is a very good at scoring the basketball and in a league with very few good shooting 2's in this league his value increases.

From your comments i'm not sure you really understand how negotiations work. Of course it would be ridiculous to give JJ 10 mil annually and a GM should be fired if he dishes that out. He is worth about 7 mil because that is the contract he will receive this off-season, I wouldn't give him that but that's what some team will likely give him. If you're going to receive around 7 mil and you are confident about this you don't start the negotiations at 7 mil, you say I want 10mil then get talked down to 7 and similarily the Magic get talked up from their current 5 mil. Magic might not pay it because they are re-building but you will more than likely see another team step in and offer 7 or so.

You were absoluetly outraged by him asking for 10 mil and that's what my reply to you was about, it's quite simple why he was asking for 10 mil. If I was him, if you, if anyone on this board, my neighbour, my dog etc etc etc was in his position then you better believe they all start at around 10mil and have their agent leak that that's the asking price, knowing you will get talked down to about 7 or so.. That's all i'm saying, it isn't that hard to understand.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#395 » by ampd » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:31 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
ampd wrote:I'm sure if we give up a 1st that isn't heavily protected and/or pay Redick 4/40 there will be plenty of people on here who are pissed about it. One thing this board does really well is outrage

If the entire fanbase was less apathetic and more easily outraged generally, like say for example Packer fans, I expect the Bucks would be run quite a bit more effectively then they are currently. That kind of thing has an effect on ownership, the more pressure they feel from the fans the more they fear screwing up player transactions coaching and management hires...

If we pay Redick 4/40 I will be duly outraged and un-retire my torch / pitchfork. I just don't really expect it to change anything.
Oscar71
Pro Prospect

Post#396 » by Oscar71 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 am

JJ is a 43% shooting career second unit guy so far, and will be 30 before the first year of his next deal is up. Not exactly a building block. The Bucks need shooting, yes, but the proposed deal is just bad on so many levels...
Oscar71
Pro Prospect

Post#397 » by Oscar71 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:40 am

Garbs_7 wrote:
My post about his ability was referring to the poster who said that if we can't get a guy with his ability from the D- League, Local Y etc then we are doomed. He is a very good at scoring the basketball and in a league with very few good shooting 2's in this league his value increases.

You are his agent. Or his PR guy.. ;)
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#398 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:00 am

Oscar71 wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:

I'm not a Redick fan, don't want to pay him anymore than the MLE which is less than he will get and I definitely don't want to deal Moute + 1st for him. To be honest I like Moute and wouldn't do a straight swap on the basis that Moute's deal is very fair and we would have to pony up the $ for Redick or lose him in the offseason.

I just understand he is a good player with a talent that seems to be fairly devoid in the league at the moment and it isn't that easy to find a good SG who can actually shoot.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#399 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:00 am

Oscar71 wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:

I'm not a Redick fan, don't want to pay him anymore than the MLE which is less than he will get and I definitely don't want to deal Moute + 1st for him. To be honest I like Moute and wouldn't do a straight swap on the basis that Moute's deal is very fair and we would have to pony up the $ for Redick or lose him in the offseason.

I just understand he is a good player with a talent that seems to be fairly devoid in the league at the moment and it isn't that easy to find a good SG who can actually shoot.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#400 » by AussieBuck » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 am

JayMKE wrote:I honestly want no part of JJ Redick. In a trade or FA. I do not want to pay him, the guy is not a starting SG in the NBA.

lol how many starting SGs do you think there are in the league? 6?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks