Gortat to OKC for Perk+JLamb+1st Rumor

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Re: Gortat to OKC for Perk+JLamb+1st Rumor 

Post#21 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Yeah, this stuff makes me ill. The thought that maybe we could get Lamb and Bledsoe as our backcourt of the future to go with Sanders. Ugh.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#22 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:38 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Yeah, this stuff makes me ill. The thought that maybe we could get Lamb and Bledsoe as our backcourt of the future to go with Sanders. Ugh.

I get lamb, I want lamb for the bucks like I want a drink with every meal! Bledsoe?! I don't get the love he gets? Everytime I see this guy, I see Nate Robinson...and than I see the dunk contest and I thought Nate was traded to the clippers... I don't think he is the young talent we need. I rather stay Jennings till the offseason.
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#23 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:13 pm

I'd bet that IF we traded for JLamb AND hired Shaw as coach he could turn him into as good of a player as Paul George. Bledsoe+Sanders D would be top 5 easily.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#24 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Wait. Do you guys think Dally is even close to Gortat? Marcin has a VERY friendly 7MM deal for next year. Last year he was 15.4/10.0 guy. And he is highly mobile and would fit nicely into OKC's fold. On top of that OKC would actually get something out of Perk rather than be forced to decide on whether or not to amnesty him. Lamb appears to be WAY behind Liggins and probably stuck behind PJIII as well and doesn't appear to be close to the OKC rotation. I can't believe you would take on a bad 25MM to get him.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#25 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

And why do you think we could get Bledsoe?!? He was going to be traded for Garnett on a discounted deal and you think Dally, etc is going to do it?
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#26 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Nobody said Daly was close to Gortat, but he IS an expiring deal and a decent defensive option for the rest of the season. Most are saying OKC could keep their pick for the difference between Dalembert and Gortat.

I think we have the assets to make a deal that would get the Clippers attention for Bledsoe, whether or not they would actually make the deal nobody knows.

Spoiler:

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#27 » by Newz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 pm

If this is true then OKC has made some really, really stupid moves.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#28 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Why do people seem to think this would be a bad one for OKC?

Gortat is a hell of a lot more valuable to a team looking to win it all right now.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,724

Post#29 » by Ayt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm surprised by this thread. If OKC traded Perk, Lamb, and a future late 1st for Gortat I don't see how that is a bad deal at all. Gortat is a lot better than Dalembert and gives them a much better shot at a title. Plus, he has another year on his bargain deal.

If I'm OKC, I'd absolutely prefer to get Gortat for this package rather than trade for Dalembert and keep my future 1st rounder.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#30 » by BUCKnation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:54 pm

If it is a future OKC first then sure, but if it this years first (Raps, I believe) that is pretty valuable and would be a no go for me.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#31 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Ayt wrote:I'm surprised by this thread. If OKC traded Perk, Lamb, and a future late 1st for Gortat I don't see how that is a bad deal at all. Gortat is a lot better than Dalembert and gives them a much better shot at a title. Plus, he has another year on his bargain deal.

If I'm OKC, I'd absolutely prefer to get Gortat for this package rather than trade for Dalembert and keep my future 1st rounder.

I'm assuming that the pick is the Raptors pick that OKC got from Houston which will probably be a lotto pick. With Gortat OKC would be at 64.43mil next season and looking to resign Kmartin. Dalembert would put them at 56.7mil and able to sign anyone. All depends on which they value more, the cap space or Gortat.

Spoiler:

HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#32 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Yeah, I'm flummoxed by the reaction. Outside of helping a team dump salary I don't think the acquisition of an expiring is worth all that much in the new CBA and Dally's existing deal is hardly a nice chip. Gortat, on the other hand, is making almost the same amount only he fits their tempo and is A LOT better. Well over a VERY late 1st better. Dumping Perk is going to save the small market Thunder A LOT of money too.

Can someone please let me know why they are so high on Lamb? He has spent the whole year in the NBDL and hasn't shown even a flash at the NBA level. And to get him you are essentially taking over a deal that most think would otherwise be used as an amnesty. I think the Gortat deal is a GREAT one for OKC and want no part of Hammond alone in a room with Presti.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,356

Post#33 » by M-C-G » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 pm

I think OKC has every intention of NOT resigning Kevin Martin, and see Lamb as the Sefo's understudy next year. Which is exactly why I don't want the bucks to trade for Reddick, should be able to pull Martin or Morrow in on a favorable deal (and Morrow, though he doesn't get the love, seems pretty similar to Affalo, who everyone loves).
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#34 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:19 pm

The reason the rumor is out there is that one team isn't happy with the value of the trade and I'm guessing that it's the Suns that want more in return for Gortat, otherwise this is a done deal, not a rumor. Therefore I think we could step in and offer Dalembert and see what happens.

Spoiler:

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#35 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 pm

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... s-clippers
Because Bledsoe is averaging only 21.8 minutes per game, advanced statistics give a better indication of his play this season. He ranks eighth among point guards in PER and ninth in win percentage, the per-minute version of my WARP ratings. Half of the eight players ahead of him, including Paul, played in Sunday's All-Star Game.

Filling in for Paul

Cynics will point to the Clippers' 6-6 record when Bledsoe filled in for the injured Paul as an indication he's not yet ready for prime time. Besides the fact that there's no shame in being worse than the All-Star MVP, that record doesn't tell the entire story. The Clippers outscored their opponents by 23 points in those games, and did so against a tough schedule.

Blame LL Cool J: 10 of the 12 games Bledsoe started were played on the road, mostly during a grueling eight-game trip to accommodate the Grammys at the Staples Center.

Moreover, to the extent the Clippers struggled it was actually because of the domino effect of Bledsoe's promotion to the starting lineup. Jamal Crawford became the Clippers' backup point guard with Grant Hill joining the rotation. Over the course of the season, NBA.com/Stats shows Bledsoe playing just as well with the Clippers' starters as Paul. Both units are plus-6.5 points per 100 possessions. However, the standout bench lineup -- outscoring opponents by 11.3 points per 100 possessions with Bledsoe -- falls apart without him; the Crawford/Hill unit was actually outscored.

Individually, Bledsoe more than held his own despite a shooting slump. He averaged 14.2 points, 5.3 assists and 4.8 rebounds in his 12 starts. Bledsoe's average of 2.5 steals per game as a starter would rank second in the NBA this season behind Paul and only Rajon Rondo and Russell Westbrook grab more rebounds from the point. The combination speaks to Bledsoe's otherworldly athleticism.

Spoiler:

WallabyPie
Senior
And1: 13

Post#36 » by WallabyPie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:41 pm

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620

No truth to rumor of Gortat and Tucker to OKC for Perkins, Lamb and a first......not going to happen
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#37 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:50 pm

http://hoopspeak.com/2012/11/eric-the-amazing/
As an athlete, Bledsoe’s combination of lateral quickness, power, speed and improvisational grace sets him well apart even in the NBA. But his body seems oddly misshapen. It’s his arms, mostly. They don’t belong; as though Bledsoe stole them from a much taller man, or some parts were mixed up in the factory.

In fact Bledsoe’s wingspan exceeds his height by more than seven inches. That’s the same discrepancy as ol’ cartoon arms himself, Kevin Durant … except Durant is almost a foot taller.

This is worth mentioning because we tend judge the skill of a basketball player by the things he does with his hands — the fine motor skills of the NBA are controlled dribbling, accurate shooting, the deft pass. That Bledsoe’s hands are affixed to arms that appear generally unwieldy gives even his most delicate moves a sense of awkwardness. They contribute to the unfairly enduring perception that Bledsoe is more track athlete than basketball player, that he can’t, say, run the pick-and-roll.

Of course Bledsoe is physically imposing, and at just 6-0, he somehow manages to be a defensive wunderkind. As a general rule, it’s more difficult for point guards to have as constant and profound an impact on a team’s defense than a power forward or center. More or less, that’s because point guards are constantly dealing with ball screens, which means they need lots of help, while big men have a singular ability to impact those valuable shots near the basket.

Well, Bledsoe is different. There is a real gulf between the defense he plays and the defense that pretty much every other guard in the NBA plays.

His new nickname might be Mini-LeBron, but Bledsoe is more comparable to Dwyane Wade, the NBA’s longtime “Best Shot-blocking Guard,” a title that now belongs to Bledsoe. Like a younger Wade, Bledsoe dramatically tilts the odds in his favor on any 50-50 ball, and he has a knack for anticipating passes and making defensive plays that the offense just never sees coming. 6-0 guards shouldn’t win tip-ins over Tim Duncan or stop 2-on-1 fast breaks with a block, but Bledsoe makes those kinds of plays several times every game.

Against Chicago on Saturday, to pick a ready example, he broke up three different handoff plays in the span of a few minutes. When Nate Robinson ran off the screen, Bledsoe would not only prevent him from receiving the ball, but twice just snatched the ball from the player making the handoff (the third time he deflected the ball out of bounds). On Monday against San Antonio, he somehow read and picked off a pass that Manu Ginobili had thrown between a defender’s legs.

These are the moments that separate Bledsoe from most NBA players, who wouldn’t even try to do what he seems to accomplish rather effortlessly. He’s just different.

Or, take his series-deciding performance against the Mike Conley and the Memphis Grizzlies in last year’s playoffs. Conley might not rank as an elite point guard, but he is crafty, lightning quick and often the engine of the Memphis offense. Bledsoe ate his lunch. It wasn’t that he slowed him down. Conley collapsed, and so did the Memphis offense, when Bledsoe came in the game.

If point guard defense matters a bit less because it’s basically an impossible task, consider the value of Bledsoe, one of only a couple players who can be reliably deployed to accomplish that very task. No one else eats space quite like Bledsoe because no one else with his length has his quickness and strength, so unlike many tall, long players, Bledsoe doesn’t have to give much cushion.

That means he can just do stuff no other player can do. Are you picking up on the theme?

Spoiler:

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#38 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:54 pm

WallabyPie wrote:
John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620

No truth to rumor of Gortat and Tucker to OKC for Perkins, Lamb and a first......not going to happen

perfect, time for us to call up Presti

Spoiler:

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#39 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry

Kendrick Perkins will not play tonight against the Houston Rockets. The team says he sprained his right knee in yesterday's practice.

Spoiler:

whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#40 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:23 pm

If we jump in and offer either Daly/2nd or Udoh/Dunleavy/2nd for Perk/Lamb/1st and get the thunder to agree I'm ecstatic no matter what else happens the rest of the deadline. I don't even care if we trade for Smith and Redick after, in fact if we did I'd be perfectly fine because we'd have a crappier first to send out for Redick and we could keep ours...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks