ImageImage

What do you want to do this off-season?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Re: What do you want to do this off-season? 

Post#281 » by eagle13 » Tue Apr 9, 2013 4:26 am

StikWitEM wrote:That's too much to give up for Batum. I like the kid but I don't think he's worth two lottery picks. Especially with some concerns about his attitude.

Dude - it says picks are from BOS & MIL - both in the playoffs - how are they lottery picks?
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#282 » by Lippo » Tue Apr 9, 2013 12:42 pm

Going to use the top 30 FA's article for conracts..
Sign and Trade BJ to Raptors for Ross/Kleiza
Extend Ellis 3/30m (he's gonna get more than the 3/18m the article suggests)
Sign Smith 4/60m
Sign Webster to 3/12m
Sign Redick 4/26m
Trade Moute for late 1st(Clippers)
Amnesty Gooden
Let MDJ/Priz/Dale/Daniels walk
Draft
1(15) Isiah Austin PF/C
1(25) Giannis Adetokoubo SF/PF
2(15) Phil Pressey PG

PG: Ellis/Redick/Pressey/Smith
SG: Ross/Reddick/Ellis
SF: Smith/Webster/Adetokoubo/Kleiza(Bango Suit)
PF: Ersan/Henson/Ayon
C: Sanders/Austin/Udoh
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#283 » by M-C-G » Tue Apr 9, 2013 4:02 pm

Don't we have enough PF/C on this roster already? I'd rather take our chances on MCW with the 15th if we are going to retain Ellis and Redick...At least we would have complimenting players at SG and PG for the first time in years.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#284 » by Lippo » Tue Apr 9, 2013 4:11 pm

We would have Ellis/Ross/Reddick/Pressey/Webster for the 1/2
Having a backup big like Austin would be great since we are losing Dale, and could possibly lose Sanders at some point.
We could trade Ayon and Udoh for a 2/3 or picks, but they wouldn't get minutes over Webster anyways.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#285 » by M-C-G » Tue Apr 9, 2013 4:28 pm

I guess I just don't see how Austin is going to be any good for a while if at all...Henson actually look big next to him. Just seems like at the 15 we could get other players we need in other positions...But over all, I like that team you have proposed.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#286 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Apr 9, 2013 4:31 pm

The only thing I'm sure about is us retaining Redick this off-season. It's guaranteed.

There's no way Hambone goes out of his way to trade for Redick (trading one of his top assets) only to watch him walk.

It's a done deal.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#287 » by raysbookclub » Tue Apr 9, 2013 4:57 pm

Will 4/60 be enough to get Josh Smith?

Also, it might be hard to get Webster. Wash seems to like him a lot.

I like that roster though.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#288 » by paul » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:45 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:The only thing I'm sure about is us retaining Redick this off-season. It's guaranteed.

There's no way Hambone goes out of his way to trade for Redick (trading one of his top assets) only to watch him walk.

It's a done deal.

Top assets? Tobias Harris is a benchwarming scrub, lol at all these people who think he has potential, we gave the dude every chance as a starter and he flopped. Next we'll have people pining over Ramon Sessions.

Sorry, acid flashback.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#289 » by InsideOut » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:39 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:The only thing I'm sure about is us retaining Redick this off-season. It's guaranteed.

It's a done deal.

Nope.

Hammond is the master of moving on after a mistake, after mistake, after mistake...
He will rid us of JJ and get credit for once again moving on from a mistake. I honestly don't know if that should be in green.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#290 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:05 am

I'd probably sleep with Kohl for a full blow up / rebuild / tank job for Wiggins or Parker in 2014. Keep Sanders and Henson to build around, grab BPA this year and another first for Goodwin and we have a team that could actually be relevant one day if Wiggins blows up and Henson becomes as good as I think he can be.

Seriously though, I'd probably take one for the team if that's what it took, I want Wiggins BAD.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#291 » by steger_3434 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:10 am

Hammond has actually set this team up pretty nicely to tank for wiggins. We all know that he'll blow his wad on baddy, JJ, and some other scrub though.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,114

Post#292 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:16 am

steger_3434 wrote:Hammond has actually set this team up pretty nicely to tank for wiggins. We all know that he'll blow his wad on baddy, JJ, and some other scrub though.

I'd trade all our remaining player assets to see if I could get any two of Burke, Oladipo or Little Dog out of this draft. Picks should be cheaper if some GM's consider this a weak draft they would trade out of.

Then tank next year with the young guys. It isn't just Wiggins. That draft class next year appears to be great.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#293 » by tranjSAIC » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:30 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Hammond has actually set this team up pretty nicely to tank for wiggins. We all know that he'll blow his wad on baddy, JJ, and some other scrub though.

I'd trade all our remaining player assets to see if I could get any two of Burke, Oladipo or Little Dog out of this draft. Picks should be cheaper if some GM's consider this a weak draft they would trade out of.

Then tank next year with the young guys. It isn't just Wiggins. That draft class next year appears to be great.
No way in hell your GM decides to tank after going all in with the Redick trade. Are the Bucks ownership group the ones adverse to tanking or is it the GM?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#294 » by M-C-G » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:03 pm

The time is absolutely NOW to do a rebuild. So much money coming off the books, it appears that it is a good draft to pick up extra picks, and we have some veterans that are worth a first round pick plus salary relief and stil have the amnesty.

I would love to load up on high ceiling athletes from this draft and just go with a super fast paced squad next year. Even if you got Goodwin, Shabazz, Tony Mitchell and Kabongo, this team is still going to have a shot at Wiggins, plus be fun to watch and young, and uber atheletic.

I just wish this quote was from our GM, I think it does a great job of illustrating management vision;

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... enterpiece

Bob Myers wants the Golden State Warriors to be prepared when a franchise-caliber player becomes available.

"There's going to be a moment in time when you have a chance to acquire that player," Myers said. "Is your roster and your franchise situation set up for that one moment in time? What we cannot have happen is that when the moment comes, we're not ready."
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#295 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm

It would be so fun to watch this team rebuild next season with young guys and cheap veterans who play hard.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,892

Post#296 » by ampd » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:veterans who play hard.

Lets bring back Marquis so he can play over GR3 too
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,595

Post#297 » by JayMKE » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 pm

If we don't rebuild now, we're never going to rebuild. Not as long as Kohl still owns this team and likely not here in Milwaukee.
FREE GIANNIS
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#298 » by M-C-G » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Did Danomac text that to Johnny yet?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#299 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:39 am

For everyone a few pages back talking about letting Monta, Jennings, Reddick, etc. walk.

Do not include amnestying Gooden in that scenario. If that were to happen, amnestying Gooden should be the last thing we do. Throw Herb a bone if he really feels like tanking. Also, we want to tank, so you want Gooden on the roster.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#300 » by Nebula1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:53 am

Bucks won't tank under Kohl. Just the way it is.

I'd like to see Robinson and Goodwin drafted. Monta, Udoh and Luc traded. Jennings, Redick and Josh Smith signed. Also get another guard and forward.

Jennings/Smith
Redick/Goodwin/X (John Jenkins)
Smith/Robinson/X
Ilyasova/Henson/X or Udoh
Sanders/Ayon

Return to Milwaukee Bucks